ASoIaF related dreams

#Turncloak

Have you ever had a dream that was somehow related to asoiaf? It happened to me three times already , all on my current reread. I should take a time off reading these books, seriously... (don't think I'm weird, it happens :drunk: )

I dreamed a few nights ago that Brienne, after traveling through the Riverlands went somewhere else. You know the dreams where at one moment you just watch what's happening, and the next you become a character? Well, this was it. So, Brienne was going through the woods and there was this earthy path and occasionally there would be a jeep passing by. then, after a stroll she (now me) came to a pond. There I took a piss (standing :dunno: ) and started removing my clothes. Then I became Pod and I took her clothes. When she was ready to take a skinny dip, she saw an African woman with a basket in one hand and a shirt around her head staring. Then she got all red and put her clothes back and we started going back. Then it suddenly occured to me we were in Nigeria (it said so on a road sign).On our way back we were attacked by a bear in a small alpine lodging house, again in Nigeria. I think that's the end of a dream.

My other dream, which I had before this one was a nightmare. So, Roose Bolton invited me to a dinner with him. Ramsay was there too. The room was cold, the walls black and torchlight was waning. Then, when it got dark, he looked at me and said he was the Thing That Came In The Night and an eternal king or something like that. Then he tore off his skin and he was a giant black monster underneath. He wanted to eat me so I ran. Then he turned on Ramsay, devoured him and took his skin. And there was only Ramsay in the room. And I think I were Ramsay in the dream :eek:

The third dream I had yesterday was me with a female Summer Islander :cool4:

I usually have vivid dreams and I often remember them. Anyone had a similar experience?

Cersei makes her way into my dreams weekly.

Once, I was a secret Targaryen and Cersei married me because I looked like Rhaegar.

We had to convince the Lords that I was real nobility.

And we kicked the High Sparrows ass because he was being a douche.

Does it count as fan fiction if you dream it????

I think I have had several, no matter how weird it is. The one I remember most happened when I was first reading the books.

I remember being in a room with GRRM. He said something like "So do you want to know how the series ends?" and I was like "NOOOOOOOO! don't tell me!" I think he went on to tell me, but I can't remember what it was.

I woke up having that feeling of not knowing if it was a dream, and was so incredibly relieved when I realized that I had been asleep.

I had a dream I was seated at the Red Wedding. It was me so I knew what was going to happen. I could see all the northern lords and my Lady and the musicians, but the speeches kept going on and on and on... and it was a strange mix of fear and "get on with it!" Very creepy.

I was in my apartment and start running to my home. All the colors were red btw. Mel was sitting inside and she start laughing and somehow I fell through her mouth. She didnt said anything but I knew she was looking for AA. It counts as a nightmare I guess.

• 1 month later...

I had to put this. I had a dream that GRRM finished his book and as a reward for patient fans he put a new chapter to his web site. The sample was so popular that the pictures depicting it were put on milk bottles and stuff so I thought I should read it.

I can't remember if it was a prologue or an epilogue but it was very scary, dark, grim and ominous. There were pictures too, pretty scary ones. Gosh it was weird.

So, it starts in the ravaged Riverlands in a village almost untouched by war, whic ofc is hard to find. A young 9-year old skinny boy in a cloak with dark hair, dark eyes, cut marks from lips halfway to his ears, scars on his face and a grin on his dark blood red lips is sitting next to a stream and throwing rocks. Then a few black talking ravens appear and he laughs and wargs into them, easily as anything. After he takes control of them he thinks to himself how stupid cratures ravens are and starts killing them while still being warged - while still being a raven he would charge fly full speed into a stone wall and not stop, killing the ravens as they hit the wall. In the end, nothing was left but blood and brains beneath the wall. He laughed. A few of the village kids were watching so he left the stream and went to his home. He lived in a house with his mother, caring and good woman. When she sees him she laughs but he can see she was crying before. Then he hugs her and sits on a stool. She asks him what he was doing and he tells her he killed some ravens. She nods and he remembers how he killed his first animal when he was 5 and a first man a few years later, while being warged. He wargs people and then kills them, but feels little pain because he is special, and he actually likes it. He notes that hecan also see through the blood trees, as he calls them. They talk about mushrooms and plants or something and in the end she asks him "And what will you do next?" He grins and says: "First. The Lannisters. Then all the others." His mother starts crying as he wargs into her.

I dreamt I was reading this and imagining stuff in my head so it was very scary. The pics around the paragraphs depicted the stream and the boy sitting next to it, his distorted face and a bottle full of mushrooms.

I remember I was happy because of the new chapter but then horrified because of it. Then I started making theories and decided that this boy is an enemy of Bran, who is another greenseer. Then I woke up. I'm impressed how I remember all the details.

Do you think it would be cool if GRRM writes a chapter like that?

lol...

This happens to me quite a bit because when I have trouble falling asleep I'll crack open one of the books I've already read and just open to a random chapter and read asoiaf. Or I'll rewatch a couple of the episodes on hbogo. So, yea my dreams get all mixed up. And if I've had a beer or two I definitely get creepy dreams. It's usually stuff like being caught up in a LF scheme that's gonna end up getting me in a crapload of trouble with the crown.

Once I had a dream that Vary's gave me an address book filled with information on all his little birds so I could be a Spider, too.

I have a recurring dream, very thorough, where I come from another continent on Planetos & sail to Westeros with all sorts of modern American military technology (and sometimes Pokémon). Sometimes I'm from/related to? Ancient Mayans, and we bring all sorts of obsidian weapons to the wall, re-open old castles, and try to do some teraforming around the wall...

It's good to find this thread because a while ago I had a most improper dream about the viper and the mountain, the letter being better looking and more skilled than the books would have us believe. And I shamelessly admit that I wouldn't mind dreaming it again. :dunno:

I dreamed that I was giving show!Littlefinger a lap dance. Eeewww ewww EWWWW! My brain clearly hates me. :crying:

It is said that secret desires bring themselves forth in dreams...would you like to confess something, dearie? :smoking:

Archived