Did Lysa have any involvement in the assasination attempt on Tyrion at BW?

Kaguya

I think Tyrion's thought of it being Cersei sending Ser Mandon after him is more on point. We already know that Cersei was against Joffrey going to the walls of King's Landing to fight against Stannis, she already hates Tyrion with a passion, she believes him to be the valonquar... My money's on it being Cersei. LF was in the Reach courting the Tyrells at the time... I highly doubt that he would be able to send such orders from the Reach to King's Landing. Plus Lysa was LF's puppet so she wouldn't really do anything without him telling her.

Most likely: Queen Cersei

I think Tyrion's thought of it being Cersei sending Ser Mandon after him is more on point. We already know that Cersei was against Joffrey going to the walls of King's Landing to fight against Stannis, she already hates Tyrion with a passion, she believes him to be the valonquar... My money's on it being Cersei. LF was in the Reach courting the Tyrells at the time... I highly doubt that he would be able to send such orders from the Reach to King's Landing. Plus Lysa was LF's puppet so she wouldn't really do anything without him telling her.

The argument clearing Cersei is the fact she never once dwindles on the topic through her POV later on.

Assuming Moore was in LF's employ (Moore is from the Vale and came with Jon Arryn to KL), LF could have simply said, if you get a chance to kill Tyrion, to go and kill him.

Lysa does not get involved in anything Littlefinger does not tell him to.

She wouldn't have materminded such a plot, and if Littlefinger had, Lysa would have no useful part to play in it as a pawn so wouldn't even have been told. One way or another, she had nothing whatsoever to do with this.

It's either Cersei or Joffrey, in all likelyhood. The fact Cersei never once reflects back on the incident weigh a little in favor of Joffrey who had received one slap too many from Tyrion. It's in-character, he had motive (by his low standards) and opportunity. But Cersei could just as well have done it and not happened to have reflected back on it in her POV. She seems good at constructing her own reality.

EDI, Gneisenau: Littlefinger was not in a position to mastermind an actual assassination during a battle and it's not his style to give an underling full autonomy to kill someone as he sees fit if the opportunity presents itself. He'd want a better control of the outcome than that. Not everything he touches will be perfect, but the Purple Wedding gives an idea of what a Littlefinger assassination plot looks like.

This is however a similar pattern to the assassination attempt on Bran. So It's Joffrey for me.

We'd have seen it in her POVs if it were Cersei. At this point it pretty had to have been Joffrey, who was already suspected of attempting to murder Bran by Jaime and Tyrion. Tyrion had humiliated Joffrey and questioned his authority multiple times. Hell if it wasn't Joffrey who ordered him to do it, Moore might have decided to do it himself, though I doubt we'd ever get confirmation of that in the books. Man was as silent as a crypt for a reason.

Assuming Moore was in LF's employ (Moore is from the Vale and came with Jon Arryn to KL), LF could have simply said, if you get a chance to kill Tyrion, to go and kill him.

When LF left to get the Tyrells, I think his orders to Ser Mandon were to make sure Tyrion didn't return from the battle. LF needed Tyrion dead before he could see Tywin again, or else he could tell Tywin what LF did and have him hanged. I really don't see why Tyrion didn't bring it up to Tywin when he got to King's Landing, since LF would have certainly been given a noose over that. LF just got really lucky that Tyrion made such a huge blunder.

We've already seen Joffrey being able to send people to kill others (Bran), and he was just a Prince. As King, now he has the whole KG to do his dirty work and he won't be questioned about it. I don't see a reason why doubt it was him.

Again, this. With possible help/nudge from LF.

Cersei, she is better at lashing out through cronies, like her ordering Slynt to hunt down Roberts Bastards and kill them.

But that isn't proven either. I recall that Slynt didn't confirm it and Tyrion just came to the conclusion while talking with Varys, who didn't utter Cersei's name either, but, as his usual, only presented convenient part of the facts.

Tyrion and Joffrey were getting on well that night though. And why would Joff want to do it subtly when he could of just asked Sandor to do it or have his uncle executed in front of everyone at the court?

But that isn't proven either. I recall that Slynt didn't confirm it and Tyrion just came to the conclusion while talking with Varys, who didn't utter Cersei's name either, but, as his usual, only presented convenient part of the facts.

The goldcloaks themselves confirmed it in search for Gendry when they said "The Queen sent us"

The goldcloaks themselves confirmed it in search for Gendry when they said "The Queen sent us"

Yes. But they were far away from KL and they get their orders though Slynt, who we know was sold out.

One would have expected, in Cersei's POV, that, during one of her "affectionate" recollections of Robert, she would have made a toast to herself for getting rid of (some of) his flesh and blood bastards. Instead she dwells on the times when she killed his sperm.

Plus she never worried about the other bastards that got away and Edric Storm.

Yes. But they were far away from KL and they get their orders though Slynt, who we know was sold out.

One would have expected, in Cersei's POV, that, during one of her "affectionate" recollections of Robert, she would have made a toast to herself for getting rid of (some of) his flesh and blood bastards. Instead she dwells on the times when she killed his sperm.

Plus she never worried about the other bastards that got away and Edric Storm.

So who do you think did it then? Wouldn't be joffrey as he was clueless about the bastards in the book. Are you suggesting it's Varys?

Well, Joff was kept in the dark as much as possible about the twincest. he was aware of Stannis's letter no doubt but Cersei played that off as a false pretext for Stannis to userp the throne. Cersie knew about many of Robert's bastards, all but a couple and could not do anything to them while Robert was still alive so she had to move after Ned's capture etc.. She would not have told Joff, "look, you and your siblings look like me but your father had other bastards who all looked like him, order them killed otherwise Stannis's letter might look plausable". No, that, I m sure never happened. Cersei all the way on this one.

Archived