Littlefinger's Son?

ForgottenKnight

What do you guys think about the possibility of Robert Arryn being Petyr Balish's illegitimate son? Lysa was obviously having a negative impact on him and removing her would allow for him to raise him properly. This would explain some of his motives for taking control of the Veil and put more insight on what he plans to do in the future. Plus I feel as if there are some physical similarities between the two. What do you guys think?

While anything is possible (although I think there was some tiny window of timeline not working), the idea that LF killed Lysa because of the well-being of SR is kinda funny. Especially having in mind that "when SR dies..." he said to Sansa.

What do you guys think about the possibility of Robert Arryn being Petyr Balish's illegitimate son? Lysa was obviously having a negative impact on him and removing her would allow for him to raise him properly. This would explain some of his motives for taking control of the Veil and put more insight on what he plans to do in the future. Plus I feel as if there are some physical similarities between the two. What do you guys think?

Nah timeline doesn't fit. Also it would be a cop out at this point. Littlefinger would know. His goal was always Sansa if he wanted to marry any woman.

I feel like Lysa would have known who Robert's true father was, and if it was Littlefinger she would have made a gesture of informing him. She could have told him in private, of course, and Littlefinger is just keeping the secret, but her frantic declarations of love and admission of murder in front of Sansa suggest otherwise.

Just because the time line of their affair and her pregnancy prior to her marrying Jon Arryn doesn't work doesn't mean they didn't hook up and get her pregnant later.. As far as I remember there's no mention of how long LF was in KL, or whether he might've visited to knock boots with Lysa. That said, I don't personally prescribe to this theory. Too much subversion ruins even the greatest stories, and I think this is a step too far..

I already posted something like this and yeah, I actually think he is. We know that Lysa has been screwing Littlefinger for years and under the guise similar to Cat telling Ned, he is a brother to me. So, Jon Arryn, not knowing about the moontea would not think twice about a capable minister who grew up at Riverrun being close friends and companion of Lysa. Kind of like not noticing till many years later that Ser Jaime and Queen Cersei, siblings and companions were actually fucking each other.

I don't believe they have been sleeping together for years. If they had, why does Lysa insist on the immediate wedding just so she can sleep with him. I also really don't think Littlefinger would have risked his Jon Arryn sponsored rise to power by putting a bastard into his wife. He didn't want Lysa and at that point he needed Arryn to achieve his positions in Gulltown and later Kings Landing. He'd have been risking everything to sleep with a woman he had no interest in sleeping with, it makes no sense to me, all cons and no pros.

“No!” She stamped a foot. “I want you now, this very night. And I must warn you, after all these years of silence and whisperings, I mean to scream when you love me. I am going to scream so loud they’ll hear me in the Eyrie!” “Perhaps I could bed you now, and wed you later?” The Lady Lysa giggled like a girl . “Oh, Petyr Baelish, you are so wicked. No, I say no, I am the Lady of the Eyrie, and I command you to wed me this very moment!”

I don't believe they have been sleeping together for years. If they had, why does Lysa insist on the immediate wedding just so she can sleep with him. I also really don't think Littlefinger would have risked his Jon Arryn sponsored rise to power by putting a bastard into his wife. He didn't want Lysa and at that point he needed Arryn to achieve his positions in Gulltown and later Kings Landing. He'd have been risking everything to sleep with a woman he had no interest in sleeping with, it makes no sense to me, all cons and no pros.

I have no clue why she is in such a hurry, but the first time she has had sex with Baelish she wasn't married for sure, so one would wonder why they didn't do it again for all these years.

It's difficult for me to imagine Peter Baelish could maintain his strong psychological grasp on her for all this time without fueling from time to time the illusion she wanted to believe in... and that includes conceding himself, secretly, beyond any eyes..

I think you're right. I think Sweetrobin is Baelish's. It was very hard for Arryn to get sons, and they didn't survive. Meanwhile Lysa and Petyr already had a connection and a physical relationship. IMO it would be a LOT easier to talk her into poisoning Jon Arryn, if he were sleeping with her occasionally, and lamenting "if only we could be married....." I think it would also be considerably easier to manipulate Lysa if Robin were his.

Has been discussed many times, recently too, so to sum up my opinion: Don't think so, the risk isn't worth it for LF. Promises and sweet words will already get him all he needs out of Lysa, a physical affair just adds a ton of risk for no reward.

I could see it happening, except during Lysa's psycho rant she never mentioned it. I think it's exactly the kind of thing she'd throw out there.

I do think they might have been having a physical relationship in KL, at least on occasion or the teasing of one on LF's part. It seems like the kind of thing he'd do; playing on the emotions of a woman he knows loves him even though he's kinda repulsed by her. He's sleazy like that. It's likely how he convinced her to kill John, by promising that after a "respectable" amount of time he'd marry her.

Also, if SR was his, I'm sure Lysa would have told him long ago, and even considering what a sleaze he is, I don't think he'd kill his own son, especially with his son being masqueraded as the rightful Lord of the Veil. That's a lot of power to mess with unnecessarily.

^^ Maybe neither of them knew. The biggest trick I have in my bag of SR is LF's son theory is Arryn's infertility. Didn't he have several wives before Lysa, none of whom ever conceived a child, not even once?

I don't think it's very likely. I don't know what LF's endgame is, but Varys once said: "I rather enjoy him, but he would see this country burn if he could be king of the ashes."

And I really feel like this is true. LF would do anything to gain power. However, if he's their kid, he isn't lord of the vale right? So how it is at this point is better. LF has Robert Arryn's support, just a couple more houses to support him and he can join the war.

I could see it happening, except during Lysa's psycho rant she never mentioned it. I think it's exactly the kind of thing she'd throw out there.

I do think they might have been having a physical relationship in KL, at least on occasion or the teasing of one on LF's part. It seems like the kind of thing he'd do; playing on the emotions of a woman he knows loves him even though he's kinda repulsed by her. He's sleazy like that. It's likely how he convinced her to kill John, by promising that after a "respectable" amount of time he'd marry her.

Also, if SR was his, I'm sure Lysa would have told him long ago, and even considering what a sleaze he is, I don't think he'd kill his own son, especially with his son being masqueraded as the rightful Lord of the Veil. That's a lot of power to mess with unnecessarily.

Agreed 100%, from the psycho rant to the sleazy part.

The timeline is irrelevant. It's a lot easier to get a woman to poison her husband if you're sleeping with her at the time. He could have been sleeping with Lysa off and on for years, to manipulate her into position for his big coup. I believe Robin is Littlefinger's son, but he doesn't care because the kid is developmentally delayed and not at all useful to him, except as a tool for controlling the Vale. When the time is right he will dispose of Robin.

Archived