Why make robb the king and then kill him off

Jeo

I don't understand why robb will be make king in the north and then just die,i think it is either grrm is trying to make bran the prince that was promise or in making jon the king in the north. I want u to bring u sugection

Just because he was made king, doesn't mean he needs to live. It isn't like Robb and his allies were sitting around discussing his eminent doom, and they just decided out of nowhere that Robb should be anointed KotN. It is just part of the story.

More drama, more action, more twists, more everything.

Because it made for a very good story, and because GRRM is a twisted monster that likes to fuck with us. It also made pretty good sense, it wasn't forced.

I think it could and probably is laying the ground work for some sort of Northern Kingdom when all is said and done. I very much doubt that at the end of the series, the 7 Kingdoms will again be united under the Iron Throne.

Because GRRM is cruel. To prove that Cersei was right about something: 'in the game of thrones you win or you die, there is not middle ground.' Because it was the WOT5K, it was to show what happens when there's a weak king (Joffrey): the whole realm splits into separate divisions. Why make Renly king just to kill him off (and without really developing his character sufficiently imo)? To shock us? To prove that no one's safe? Also, GRRM wanted to kill him off and making him king ensures he gets no allies.

Maybe there will be an independent northern kingdom by the end of the series or maybe just more autonomy. I think it at least highlights the strong sense of nationalism that still exists in certain parts of the realm and how a strong king is needed if they want to rule all 7. Or dragons. Preferably dragons.

GRRM wanted to show that Robb seemed to have all the potential to be a good king (young,good warrior,handsome,loved by his people,kind,caring) but still made mistakes and lost.He also cultivated the idea of Kingdom of the North and gave claim to the throne of the North to nealry all Stark children (it depends on who appears first to be alive).

GRRM wanted to show that Robb seemed to have all the potential to be a good king (young,good warrior,handsome,loved by his people,kind,caring) but still made mistakes and lost.He also cultivated the idea of Kingdom of the North and gave claim to the throne of the North to nealry all Stark children (it depends on who appears first to be alive).

Yes that is what George wants us to believe. BUT what is really going on is Martin went to HS with a guy similar to Robb who had everything from friends, talents, and female (perhaps male) admirers. This is his way of exacting revenge without causing bodily harm. :hat:

Archived