Saddest moment. E V E R

SerKurt

Don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair and Cat thinking of all her kids are dead, and this,I want to weep. I want to be comforted. I'm so tired of being strong. I want to be foolish and frightened for once. Just for a small while, that's all....a day.....an hour.

A Godswood as empty as me- Sansa

“There are no heroes...in life, the monsters win.”Sansa

“The snow drifted down and down, all in ghostly silence, and lay thick and unbroken on the ground. It was a place of whites and blacks and greys. White towers and white snow and white statues, black shadows and black trees, the dark grey sky above. A pure world, Sansa thought. I do not belong here. Yet she stepped out all the same.” Sansa

Arya, the lone wolf, still lived, but the wolves of the pack had been taken and slain and skinned.

Davos on the eve of his "execution":

I did not do so ill, he tried to tell himself. I rose up from Flea Bottom to be a King's Hand, and I learned how to read and write.

Not only that, I was picturing Liam Cunningham saying it, and that got me right in the gut. I really hope they find some way to translate that line into the show.

While I would like to be able to say it was someone's death, I can't, probably because I read the books after watching the Red Wedding on the show. So I would have to say it was the split between Tyrion and Jamie as Jamie set him free to kill their father. To me that was gut wrenching. I could not imagine how the show was going to do that successfully without all the back story from the books to make it have such an impact. I was glad D&D decided to leave it out. While TV may be able to present some things better than the books, that type of insight into a character and their motivations is better left for the written word. Separating, the show from the Books, my saddest moment watching the show was when Lady died. I had not yet read the books and did not expect it. I actually stopped watching the show when that episode originally aired because of Lady's death and did not start watching it again until Season 3. In the Books it did not hit me so hard, but maybe that was because I was prepared for it.

• After Arya learns through Nymeria that her mother is dead, the Hound tries to talk to her but she doesn't feel like speaking. I'm sure someone will quote better than I did somewhere downthread.

• "Pull up your hood, Sam. The snow flakes are melting in your hair." - Jon to Sam, AFFC.

"When the sun has set no candle can replace it..."

"Egg I dream that I was old"

Needle was Robb and Bran and Rickon, her mother and her father, even Sansa. Needle was Winterfell's grey walls, and the laughter of its people. Needle was the summer snows, Old Nan's stories, the heart tree with its red leaves and scary face, the warm earthy smell of the glass gardens, the sound of the north wind rattling the shutters of her room. Needle was Jon Snow's smile. He used to mess my hair and call me "little sister" :crying: :crying: :crying:

The greyscale , the unrequited love, or just the man as himself?

Well, all of those aspects of him, as well as him 'failing Rhaegar' at the battle of the bells and his devotion to Aegon even though he is going to die.

And in the back of my mind realizing: this is all going to be in vain.

Pretty much everything that involves Theon/Reek in ADWD, especially:

- When Asha visited her mother Alannys, and she asked Asha constantly where her little boy Theon is, and when Theon comes to her.

(This always reminds me of one of such old ladies in retirement homes who are constantly asking when X visits them, but can't remember that X's already dead, or asks when their children come, but they never visit them :crying:)

- Reek's begging for forgiveness in front of the Weirwood Tree (That's one of the most beautiful and saddest moments in the whole series :crying: :crying:)

- The Theon/Asha reunion, which ends with:

He raised his eyes. "Sister. See. This time I knew you."

Ashas heart skipped a beat. "Theon?"

His lips skinned back in what might have been a grin. Half his teeth were gone, and half of those still left to him were broken and splintered.

"Theon," he repeated. "My name is Theon. You have to know your name."

The only time I really cried while reading ASOIAF :crying: :crying: :crying:

Basically all of every book! Grey wind was bad for me, especially on the show. For some reason I don't mind people dying on it but animals bother me.

Jon getting ceasered. Character I identify with the most getting back stabbed literally.

Archived