What's your favorite chapter in ASOIAF?

zeppelincheetah

There many examples; a great deal are listed on this thread. It is not exclusive to one particular chapter.

To use a hypothetical example in order to elaborate: I am pretty sure that Davos could have spent almost the entirety of his last chapter counting lines in his cell, but as long as Manderly had walked in during the very last paragraph and had his little speech (i.e., "the North remembers"), many here would still list it as their favorite chapter.

I exaggerate a bit, but I think my point is made.

That is why I resisted listing "Fetch me a block." But the wolves dens chapters, I love the whole things. They show how much emotion and pent up rage is in the North. They do a great job of letting you feel how the North, though "subdued," is boiling and may be about to lash out.

I get your point though,sometimes there are some brief moments of brilliance in an otherwise OK chapter.

Great lines (or speeches) can make a chapter much more memorable for people. Not that crazy to fathom.

No, believe me, I do recognize the sentiments behind those choices, but it also makes me wonder if the applicable readers really do love the chapters in question or do they simply really love one line that happens to be contained therein.

No, believe me, I do recognize the sentiments behind those choices, but it also makes me wonder if the applicable readers really do love the chapters in question or do they simply really love one line that happens to be contained therein.

I hope I'm not in this group because it's not just one line I love about my choice. Beginning to end I think it's a great chapter.

Archived