Favorite Ancillary Character

Sword of the Morgan

I don't know that rule about what's supposed to be in title or where it's written, but if a title contains a word I don't know, I'm grown up enough to: 1) open the thread and deduce the meaning, 2) look the word up.

You are arguing for people to reduce their own vocabulary to cater to the lowest common denominator, don't do it.

No need to be rude and paternize me and I can suggest whatever please me.

And really sorry if I am the one being rude then but I can't stand the "don't do that" attitude.

I absolutely love:

- Wyman Manderly (& Wylla)

- Rodrik "The Reader" Harlaw

- Tormund Giantsbane

- Justin Massey

- Cortnay Penrose

- D. Edd, Pyp, Grenn

ETA: God, how could I forgot all the wonderful Maesters as Aemon (although I don't see him as minor character), Luwin, Cressen, Pylos, aso.?! Love them, too!

Rodrik the Reader. He's just so fascinating. This is a guy who grew up in a culture that despises book-learnin', and yet he not only ravenously devoured them, he still seems to thrive on the warrior culture (his two sons were warriors before they died, no?). I love thinking of Rodrik reaving with a cleaver in one hand, book in the other.

I couldn't agree more! :)

The Reader and Bronze Yohn are both fascinating to me. I feel like we know just enough about them to get the sense that they have entire stories to tell that are just bubbling under the surface.

Archived