If Balon had to give up Asha not Theon.....

Wavey Sauce

Thats why Ned took him and not Robert. Robert probably would not have treated him well like Ned, nor teach him how to use weapons and be raised among his "kids"

how do you figure that ? theon was treated like all high born hostages were supposed to be treated as per GRRM : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v51PBrQwd68

we don't know why Ned stark took him in but it was certainly not out of the kindness of his heart, he was nothing more then a political tool to him, which is pretty clear considering that the only time he thinks about him is when he thinks there way be war on the way and he tells cat to keep a closer eye on theon because they might have need of his dad's ships... theon would have been treated pretty much the same if robert had taken him...

how do you figure that ? theon was treated like all high born hostages were supposed to be treated as per GRRM : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v51PBrQwd68

we don't know why Ned stark took him in but it was certainly not out of the kindness of his heart, he was nothing more then a political tool to him, which is pretty clear considering that the only time he thinks about him is when he thinks there way be war on the way and he tells cat to keep a closer eye on theon because they might have need of his dad's ships... theon would have been treated pretty much the same if robert had taken him...

Not saying Ned would like love him, but knew as a young boy he would have a better chance becoming an honorable man or better person raised up with the Starks opposed to Robert

edit- also look how involved Robert was with his kids compared to Ned.....Ned spent real time with them, training them, teaching them etc. Robert just drank wine and fucked whores and never had a close close relationship with anyone in his family, Cersei included

Robb and Snow would also be much better brothers than someone like Joffrey ever would be

Not saying Ned would like love him, but knew as a young boy he would have a better chance becoming an honorable man or better person raised up with the Starks opposed to Robert

edit- also look how involved Robert was with his kids compared to Ned.....Ned spent real time with them, training them, teaching them etc. Robert just drank wine and fucked whores and never had a close close relationship with anyone in his family, Cersei included

Robb and Snow would also be much better brothers than someone like Joffrey ever would be

I do think Theon was better off with the starks yes but I'm just saying that Ned didn't know take theon because of that. maybe he could have guessed that robert wasn't gonna be involved with his children, certainly couldn't know about joffrey though and it seems to me like he always had a blind spot for robert anyway.

maybe he did do it because he thought he could teacher theon his honorable ways, and in that case i'm sure Ned figured he was doing him a kindness but honostly I just see it as him being self rightious.

Asha is strong I think she would have maybe been able to taken in too the family married to an heir of northern or Riverlands house ! Balon was a bad father an he led his family to deaths door an could have been the norths best ally with Theon or saga being the go between the houses an had he not rebelled hid other 2 sons would be alive .

I do think Theon was better off with the starks yes but I'm just saying that Ned didn't know take theon because of that. maybe he could have guessed that robert wasn't gonna be involved with his children, certainly couldn't know about joffrey though and it seems to me like he always had a blind spot for robert anyway.

maybe he did do it because he thought he could teacher theon his honorable ways, and in that case i'm sure Ned figured he was doing him a kindness but honostly I just see it as him being self rightious.

Ned already hated the Lannisters and knew there was plenty around Robert, no doubt in my mind he thought he could raise him into a better man in a better place imo

Asha is strong I think she would have maybe been able to taken in too the family married to an heir of northern or Riverlands house ! Balon was a bad father an he led his family to deaths door an could have been the norths best ally with Theon or saga being the go between the houses an had he not rebelled hid other 2 sons would be alive .

Maybe, but no prominent houses like Tully,Arryn, even Glover or Manderly. The other families would see her has no prize for their son, just an iron island savage whore who is a captive, and one who could maybe betray set person or family when she came into age

You are spot on about Balon though. Like wtf did he want to accomplish when he did his rebellion against Robert? Cause a pain in the ass until he loses close family members gets his own people killed, bend the knee, and then say "ok its over you win"?

Like wtf its not even like he tried to seize KL he just wanted to make Robert "earn their respect" doing so he just got many people killed.

Stannis is damn right in the history and lore, Balon should have been killed

Archived