True Revenge

lyannaisalive

That is not blackmail, she is accused of killing Tommen's father.

She is accused of that and many other crimes, and we will have a Trial for that. Her Walk of shame was penance for sleeping while being a widow.

It was never forced on her at all. It was a choice for more freedom.

Actually, Kevan made her choice rather easy. He speaks of dangers she will be faced in prison... It wasn't a choice as much as extortion.

Walk of punishment is one of the most misogynist acts, and more than that, it wasn't justice. It was gruesome act of demonstrating power... Cersei is by far one of the most horrible human beings and I want her to pay for numeroud crimes she has committed. But having sex while being widow certainly isn't one.

I had a feeling something like this would be in store...

I can't speak for Mladen but I think I know where he is coming from. I also find it disgusting and very very sexist. I want Cersei's head to roll like Ned's but this was just not the way to punish her. She was punished for having sex. Bottom line. The punishment does not fit the crime, especially since sex is no crime. Well, for men it's not (like Robert) but for women it is. I believe something along these lines is why there are a fair few of us who hate the High Sparrow and what he did.

Agreed 100%. If she gets killed, im gonna be smiling, but this was just cruel.

Of Kevan.

What do you even argue here? That Kevan was extorted? How?

BTW, if you are going to reply to me, would you please be so kind enough to quote me?

Agreed 100%. If she gets killed, im gonna be smiling, but this was just cruel.

Yes, when someone kills her (my money on Jaime), I won't cry for her, but this act was just horrendous act of misogyny and as such gave me no satisfaction.

What do you even argue here? That Kevan was extorted? How?

BTW, if you are going to reply to me, would you please be so kind enough to quote me?

Yes, when someone kills her (my money on Jaime), I won't cry for her, but this act was just horrendous act of misogyny and as such gave me no satisfaction.

I lost the ability to quote on my computer, anyway, the only one that pushed Cersei to do this was Kevan, I don't even remember HS bringing this up.

I lost the ability to quote on my computer, anyway, the only one that pushed Cersei to do this was Kevan, I don't even remember HS bringing this up.

And where do you think Kevan got the idea of WoS? He came up with it alone?

1. Elia and her children

2. Mutilation of Robb's body (I find that worse than actual wedding)

3. Theon being tortured by Ramsay

4. Cersei's walk of punishment

The fact that you've included number 4 with the rest is ridiculous. The walk of shame was a terrible thing but it's not on the same level as the others.

He is the only one pushing it, to say HS is strong arming Cersei to do it is untrue.

Actually, HS is the one who proposed that... Kevan knew that he had to convince Cersei (who is extremely proud woman) to do it, so he played every card he needed to play. Basically, he used arguments that would make Cersei accept that - Tommen and her safety.

The fact that you've included number 4 with the rest is ridiculous. The walk of shame was a terrible thing but it's not on the same level as the others.

Have I said they are on the same level? I don't see them not even closely on the same level, nor I have said they are on the same level. So, the conclusion that I equalize Theon's flaying or Elia's fate would indeed be problematic, for I personally don't feel that way.

Actually, HS is the one who proposed that... Kevan knew that he had to convince Cersei (who is extremely proud woman) to do it, so he played every card he needed to play. Basically, he used arguments that would make Cersei accept that - Tommen and her safety.

I know HS proposed it, he still strong arming Cersei. Kevan is the one pushing her so hard.

Walk of punishment is one of the most misogynist acts, and more than that, it wasn't justice. It was gruesome act of demonstrating power... Cersei is by far one of the most horrible human beings and I want her to pay for numeroud crimes she has committed. But having sex while being widow certainly isn't one.

Her punishment was not because she had sex, she was made to walk around naked because she was too full of pride, and she is still suspect in many many crimes... the Hig Sparrow himself said, on the chapter before her walk, that sleeping with people after Robert died is no sin at all. They made her wear rags, frozen her ass, and didn't let her sleep, and made her walk around naked, and all else so that she could be more humble. Not because she slept with dudes.

Though another reason mey be because she had Ned executed on the Sept of Baelor, that may be why the HS wanted her to "pay for her crime". And that was a brilliant way of doing so, because that broke her pride utterly and completely (on the outside, at least).

Her punishment was not because she had sex, she was made to walk around naked because she was too full of pride, and she is still suspect in many many crimes... the Hig Sparrow himself said, on the chapter before her walk, that sleeping with people after Robert died is no sin at all. They made her wear rags, frozen her ass, and didn't let her sleep, and made her walk around naked, and all else so that she could be more humble. Not because she slept with dudes.

Though another reason mey be because she had Ned executed on the Sept of Baelor, that may be why the HS wanted her to "pay for her crime". And that was a brilliant way of doing so, because that broke her pride utterly and completely (on the outside, at least).

Yes, HS had Ned in mind, and many others... Right...

No, her walk of penance was for having sex. Her trial is where the guilt of other crimes will be determined whether she is guilty or fault. Arguing that this wasn't about her having sex is like arguing that Avada Kedavra killed Ned.

About the murder of Rhaenys, as someone mentioned before, everybody who was related to her death has had a bad death: Robert (by boar), Amory (by bear), Tywin (by son). Is Elia the one who can't have peace, apparently, and Aegon if we believe the guy Tyrion met is fake. Which makes me wonder is that means he is actually real and it will be him who finally finishes the Mountain for good.

I would love that to happen almost as much as Sandor being the one that kills him.

Cersei is going to have her "revenge" against everybody who didn't help her or those who saw her naked. Who knows. Mainly the High Sparrow, for being the one besides the punishment and arrest her. The Walk was wrong, but she committed crimes like lying about the Queen (Margaery WAS the Queen) and seducing men to incriminate her. She also "slut-shamed" Margaery, as she tried to make everybody to think she and her cousins were whores, and enjoyed the image of Margaery's parts being examined by septas and maesters (which could be considered rape). What Cersei did was making Margaery to have a "walk of shame" but with her clothes on. Wrong as it was the punishment, she got exactly what she wished on Marg.

About the murder of Rhaenys, as someone mentioned before, everybody who was related to her death has had a bad death: Robert (by boar), Amory (by bear), Tywin (by son). Is Elia the one who can't have peace, apparently, and Aegon if we believe the guy Tyrion met is fake. Which makes me wonder is that means he is actually real and it will be him who finally finishes the Mountain for good.

Completely off topic, but those involved in the deaths = Manbearpig. Al Gore was right!

Revenge for the Starks- NO, Justice YES, Sansa somehow out plays LF and get word to the realm of his deeds, if there is a GNC hope it works to screw LF and Boltons.

Cersei gets a death by the Gods or Tyrion and Jamie team up to remove her, Sansa gets her annulment from the Lannisters and takes what Cersei holds dear (power) to make MTF prophesy come true.

Revenge for the small folk- No, Justice yes, BWB get to take out the Freys, Sandor takes out his brother, Theon turns it around on Ramsey, Lord Manderly turns it on to Roose

Revenge for Jeyne Poole she deserves revenge hope she gets it, but justice would be nicer if she lives; and finds a man of rank who loves her.

Archived