AcroPHOBIA #8: Little Known Facts About the Reeds - Game over, Fragile Bird Wins!

Emmit

The standard is absolutely awesome! The night the previous entries were due and I had just come home from Loncon, I fell asleep and didn't get my entry in. But I figured the other entries were so superior to the one my tired brain had written, I wouldn't have gotten any votes anyway. But I would have received 1 point for putting in an entry and there would be a tie now for top. :D

Thanks to Shadow, Red, Rhymes, Starks, HH, and lil'G for the votes last round.

I'll have to come back and vote later. Will take me some time to pick just three. Awesome entries!

Stole some time. Here are my votes.

1. 3. May Bravery, Wisdom Conquer This feels very right for the Reeds.

2. 2. May Bygone Wisdom Carry Same for this one, and I'm hoping Howland has some history to relay.

3. 11. Many bogs we've crossed. Don't know if it was meant this way, but I'm taking bogs to mean troubles, and that crossing them equals surviving whatever life has thrown at House Reed.

Final round votes :frown5:

1st) 1. Mud buries whosoever challenges

2nd) 11. Many bogs we've crossed.

3rd) 3. May Bravery, Wisdom Conquer

Many thanks to our fine host Emmit, not just for hosting this excellent game 8 of Acrophobia but also for originally bringing it the forum (I know how tricky that can be ;)). No Emmit, no game :bowdown:

1. 3. May Bravery, Wisdom Conquer

2. 2. May Bygone Wisdom Carry

3. 15. Mysterious because we're cunning.

Many good entries, but these three seemed, to me, to capture much of the right feel and balance of house words... which, in my mind, should describe the house more than assert and should note something special that proves superiority more than claim superiority outright... if that makes sense.

Fifteen maybe a bit less because of because... but that's why it's third.

I insolently keep voting, even if I did not submit.

1. 11. Many bogs we've crossed (just because I thought the creator of the entry had fun and it got to me too)

2. 2. May bygone wisdom carry (creates... atmosphere... and the right one)

3. 9. Marshfellows; Bogdwellers; Wetlanders - Comrades! (because it has a rhythm attached to it right away, like a marching song)

Close 4th: Mysterious, because we're cunning (I got ahead of myself and read it 'Mysterious, because we can' at first :ninja: It would have gotten all my votes, but possibly no others. A great entry though!)

Thought I was really strong this round.Hoped for a top 5.

It appears we must have Serious Words that reflect House Reed.Next time you ditch the humour element can you give me a clue,so I can tap into the zeitgeist?

You never know which way it's going to go. Sometimes I've been very serious and every other entry was humorous, no points! And then I've been humorous and others played it straight. <grumble grumble> :p

At the last moment I almost changed my entry here to More beer, winter's coming!

Thought I was really strong this round.Hoped for a top 5.

It appears we must have Serious Words that reflect House Reed.Next time you ditch the humour element can you give me a clue,so I can tap into the zeitgeist?

LOL

I almost always go for humor... so I am right about 50% of the time.

Bonus points for using zeitgeist.

Archived