[SPOILERS FOR EVERYTHING] More GoT season 5 info leaked

TheOldWolf

Posted this topic in the book section because it involves major changes from the books to the show.

SPOILERS

It appears it will not be Arys going to Dorne. In the the link I will post below it appears Jaime and Bronn will be heading to Dorne. The link has a picture of a map of the set marked with the name and locations of that scene in Dorne, one of those is titled "Jaime and Bronn walk"

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/08/05/game-thrones-season-5-continues-film-portstewart-strand/

Hm... So maybe Jaime loses his hand at the hands of the dornish... and there's this famous theory about the Brave Companions, a company that doesn't exist in the show, working for Doran...

Interesting.

Show spoiler:

Jaime already lost his hand at the hands of some Bolton men in the series.

This news is way old... before the Dornish casting was even confirmed... In the leaked audition video for Obara Sand she's telling someone (who was presumably Arianne because she states 'your father' as in Oberyn as oppose to 'our father') that she's received word that Jaime Lannister was seen sneaking into Dorne. Couple that w/ knowing Obara will fight a 'major character' this season = Bronn because obvs Jaime can't fight

No one will take the role of Arys. Basically Jaime and Bronn will fight the Snakes and then Bronn will be imprisoned with the Snakes, wherein the Tyene audition scene will take place. Jaime will either leave with Myrcella or without her, hopefully after a conversation with Doran, which would make for a great scene. Bronn survives.

Not exactly. It definitely means that Jaime in the Riverlands will be reduced but it doesn't mean that he definitely won't show up there towards the end of the season. We have no way of knowing how long he will be in Dorne for. It could be only for a few episodes or even just one or two.

As for Dorne being COMPLETELY different, I'm not sure about that either. Though Arianne is likely cut, the plot is still taking its cues from her chapters. The Sand Snakes are still imprisoned for being too restless/vengeful. Doran is still cautious and playing a long game. There is still some plot involving Myrcella (whether or not its aim is to crown her or simply use her as a hostage we have yet to find out). It seems her motives are being incorporated into those of Ellaria and the Snakes. It's possible that their aged-up Trystane even has some of Arianne's political ambition.

Bringing Jaime and Bronn south IMO is meant to play up the stakes of the plotting in Dorne for House Lannister. They'll get into a spot of trouble there but Doran will ensure that they both leave alive.

Why are you in this section and speculating if you don't even watch the show?

This thread was moved, it was in the books section before. IMO they shouldn't just move, but delete it altogether. That or they check every reply, because I wasn't worried about spoiling because it was in the ASoIaF section. (but well, they put spoiler warnings, so I guess it's ok)

This thread was moved, it was in the books section before. IMO they shouldn't just move, but delete it altogether. That or they check every reply, because I wasn't worried about spoiling because it was in the ASoIaF section. (but well, they put spoiler warnings, so I guess it's ok)

Ah, I see.

This news is way old... before the Dornish casting was even confirmed... In the leaked audition video for Obara Sand she's telling someone (who was presumably Arianne because she states 'your father' as in Oberyn as oppose to 'our father') that she's received word that Jaime Lannister was seen sneaking into Dorne. Couple that w/ knowing Obara will fight a 'major character' this season = Bronn because obvs Jaime can't fight

Nah, she's likely talking to Trystane. Women apparently can't be heirs to Dorne on the show. Or if they can, they're retconning it out. They even changed Oberyn's mother to his father during his story about visiting Casterly Rock.

Archived