[SPOILERS FOR EVERYTHING] More GoT season 5 info leaked

TheOldWolf

I'm afraid you're right.. It would have been epic to see the queenmaker plot in action..

Really? The Queenmaker was so silly and I'll advised. Did they really believe that plan would succeed? Thousands of people died in a war to depose the Lannisters, but now a small group of Dornish people are trying to take the throne with no military backing, and the convinced a kigsgaurdman to join them. It makes no sense.

Really? The Queenmaker was so silly and I'll advised. Did they really believe that plan would succeed? Thousands of people died in a war to depose the Lannisters, but now a small group of Dornish people are trying to take the throne with no military backing, and the convinced a kigsgaurdman to join them. It makes no sense.

It kinda does make sense. Everyone in Dorne is mad at the Lannisters and want vengeance for Elia & Oberyn. Dorne is quite strong in military (after a quick research I found out that Dorne could raise more than 20 000 men and this is IF the rest of Dorne would have supported the plot), but you're right, they couldn't beat the Lannister & Tyrell alliance.

Well we now know Ciarán Hinds will be back season 5.

I was beginning to worry in season 4 , just a few min. in E10, wonder how many shooting days that was?

It was just an off hand remark from an interview recently.

Usually cast actors are rarely mentioned , if ever ... I wonder if Mark Gatiss is in S5, I think he will be.

On the other hand, a 'cast-member' they are being secretive about , Tom Wlaschiha , will be back, it seems?

Gemma Whelan will most likely too, did know she would be in S4 but not that it would be one sequence in one episode.

That seemed stuck in as a 'refresh' ... implying she will be in S5, leaving a great mystery about the Greyjoy story-line.

It's an assumption based on the show itself. I don't know if that is going to be official canon for the show or not. My guess is they just won't say one way or the other. But they keep changing female Dornish leaders to men. First they changed Oberyn's mother to his father in the story about visiting Casterly Rock. And based on the casting information for season 5, it looks as if Arianne isn't going to be included and will probably be replaced with Trystane. I can see them completely eliminating the entire queenmaker plot as well. The end result would be no female heirs to Dorne. While I admit that's different than saying "women can't inherit in Dorne," it would send almost the same message.

I do believe the show has briefly mentioned the original Nymeria, however. But that was also way back in season 1 or 2.

I got really angry, when I heard this. On a another site I saw someone summing up the action happening in Dorne in season 5 and it was basically "Myrcella and Trystane are in love" (and probably act on it as well).

I cannot fathom, how D and D can remove such an awesome story, rich with politics and background history, as Arianne's fight for her inheritance and the plot to crown Myrcella.

I got really angry, when I heard this. On a another site I saw someone summing up the action happening in Dorne in season 5 and it was basically "Myrcella and Trystane are in love" (and probably act on it as well).

I cannot fathom, how D and D can remove such an awesome story, rich with politics and background history, as Arianne's fight for her inheritance and the plot to crown Myrcella.

I agree that Dornish inheritance laws are important, Arianne mostly screws up her chance to inherit the leadership of Dorne with her queenmaker plot. While I think they need to show the story of gender roles in Dorne, I would prefer they cut the queenmaker plot.

It would indeed be incredibly odd if women couldn't be heirs to Dorne, since women can be heirs everywhere else in Westeros. That would really put an odd spin on Benioff talking about their "admirable values"... :p

Yeah, I know you actually mean "women being heirs ahead of their younger brothers in Dorne, unlike in the rest of the Seven Kingdoms". But in addition to being annoyed by the lack of female Dornish rulers and heirs on the show, I'm now also additionally annoyed by all the articles about Arianne being cut that are wrongly state that (book) Dorne is the only place where women can inherit or rule in Westeros, which is blatantly wrong and it should be obvious even to those who have only watched the show, what with the whole Daenerys storyline.

Women can be heirs throughout Westeros but my only point was they can't inherit before their older brothers. And even when they do inherit their family's seat, it's often considered a weakening of the house since the husband's family effectively becomes the ruling family of that region/castle/keep. In that sense Dorne is definitely unique.

But you're right that my phrasing wasn't specific enough. I just assumed that my meaning would be implied on this site. A bad assumption, I freely admit. :)

I guess with Jaime and Bronn going to Dorne, Arys Oakheart is cut completely?

It's strange though, because in the boat with Myrcella in S2, a KG member was definitely sitting with her, presumably, Arys Oakheart.

Not that the average viewer will either remember this or even knows who Ser Arys is...

There are numerous subplots that were set up in previous seasons that they've decided to conveniently forget. They probably don't even remember that they had a Kingsguard in the boat with her. So I can't say I'm surprised that they're likely to forget this one. If they deal with it at all, they'll just have a throwaway line about how he died off screen. But I'll be surprised if we get that much. All they seem to see is the finish line and will cut any corners necessary to reach it.

The Sand Snakes will be imprisoned after Obara kills Bronn and attempts to kill Jaime.

yeah I think they might do a shock killing of Bronn too. will make for a big moment that season that book viewers don't know about and replace Arys' death. Also by all evidence so far, Bronn seems to now be at a stage where he has pretty much run his course in the books, so perhaps D&D now consider him expendable

Oh, much more likely to be the latter, but when the thread title is about leaks it'd be nice if people indicated what's a leak and what's a guess.

Oh, I agree about that. It's pretty annoying when someone just posts some speculation as "X will happen", as if it's a fact.

But there's no way in hell that the showrunners would allow leaks about who would die and such spoilers. People who work on the show are not allowed to reveal such things, and they wouldn't want to lose their jobs.

Just a few minutes, but really awesome minutes. :thumbsup:

Actually they really were! The scene where Jon meets up again with Mance and are then interrupted by Stannis/Davos was one of the most dramatic in the series.

yeah I think they might do a shock killing of Bronn too. will make for a big moment that season that book viewers don't know about and replace Arys' death. Also by all evidence so far, Bronn seems to now be at a stage where he has pretty much run his course in the books, so perhaps D&D now consider him expendable

I don't have the source on me now but I seem to recall a quote where GRRM said that Bronn still had a role to play in future books.

Archived