Lannister's don't always pay their debts!

JamesOfHouseMurphy

I've been reading AGoT and when I got to the part where Tyrion is being taken to the Eyrie as Cats prisoner, everytime somebody slights him in some way, he chalks it up as another debt owed to that person. Although most of his captors are killed on the high road by the mountain clans, the few who remain alive are never get the comeuppance that Tyrion plans on dishing out for them.

Sure he steps on Marrilions fingers but Tyrion was was definately hinting that he planned a more sinister revenge than that.

And instead of paying Catelyn Stark back in kind he in fact on his release tells Sansa that he had a respect for her, and don't even get me started on Bronn (to be fair he did save his life).

Off the top of my head I can think of several other times when Lannisters didnt pay their debts, like when Cersei refused to pay the Iron bank! And thats an actual debt not just a metaphorical one.

Can people name any other times when a Lannister did not in fact pay their debts!!!

Well the Iron Bank thing doesn't count. That's "the crown's debt" not the Lannisters'. Technically you could even say it's House Baratheon's debt, given that most of it was borrowed during Robert's reign, and that his "sons" have succeeded him on the throne.

Tyrion hasn't really been in a position to make people pay, except when he was acting Hand. And then he had too much to do, and not enough time for revenge. He better pay his debt to the Second Sons though, because they'll only accept excuses from his undertaker.

Archived