What is the Damphair up to?

Northernmonkey

I'm a big fan of the Damphair, and I really want to know what he's up to.

The obvious answer is that he's on the Iron Islands gathering support to overthrow Euron. But the problem with this is that there can't be many important people left on the Iron Islands at the moment. Vic and the Iron Fleet are in Meereen, Euron and a large fleet are attacking the reach, Asha's at Winterfell, and even the Reader was last seen on the Shield Islands with Euron.

So what can Aeron even do on the Iron Islands? It seems kind of pointless him being there at the moment. Is it possible that Aeron has set out to try and rescue Theon? Or is there anywhere else he could be?

It's wishful thinking, but I hope whatever he does involves real krakens.

- GRRM calls it "possible" that we'll see krakens.

- Arianne hears in her TWOW sample tales of krakens off the Broken Arm, pulling under crippled galleys.

- House Celtigar of Claw Isle is said to have among its treasures a horn that can summon krakens from under the sea.

- GRRM already teased unexpected, twisted stuff in Aeron's next chapter.

- Hell, we have seen direwolves so far, even dragons; stags, trouts, falcons, the sun, roses are not that impressing, but exist of course, Castely Rock once had lions, IIRC; so, we need to see some krakens action. It's just logical.

- And it would wonderful fit to this:

I have always felt he is trying to raise awareness on the Drowned God to overthrow Euron.

And certainly make an amazing scene!

Maybe, it'd be the only thing which could stop Euron...

My preference would also be a Kraken's involvement in Damphair's storyline.

At least, we are going to obtain significant knowledge about the Drowned God and his proximity with the Great Other (according to Moqorro the Drowned God is nothing but a thrall to the Great Other, and I am inclined to agree).

Nevertheless, I'd say that whatever Damphair is up to, Euron is one step ahead. Therefore, I would predict that Damphair won't last for long in the next installment.

(according to Moqorro the Drowned God is nothing but a thrall to the Great Other, and I am inclined to agree).

"..Careful priest--there are godly men aboard this ship who would tear out your tongue for speaking such blasphemies.."

I think Damp Hair is intending to stage some kind of Occupy IronIslands / kingslanding food riots type revolt of the thralls/common people. Remember the "shepherd" who riled up the enough small folk into a frenzy that they killed four dragons in the dragon pit during Blacks Vs. Greens. He is The Prophet. His commanding voice, his holiness and iron conviction are his weapons. It would be great to see an actual kraken though.

*wish the dumb audience would have gotten us his POV chapter instead of Arienne's.

"..Careful priest--there are godly men aboard this ship who would tear out your tongue for speaking such blasphemies.."

I think Damp Hair is intending to stage some kind of Occupy IronIslands / kingslanding food riots type revolt of the thralls/common people. Remember the "shepherd" who riled up the enough small folk into a frenzy that they killed four dragons in the dragon pit during Blacks Vs. Greens. He is The Prophet. His commanding voice, his holiness and iron conviction are his weapons. It would be great to see an actual kraken though.

*wish the dumb audience would have gotten us his POV chapter instead of Arienne's.

This

It would be awesome if krakens existed, but were not really that dangerous after all. Like they can't really destroy anything and just keep wobbling all over the place or whatever... Damphair's reaction would be hilarious

LOL, that would be indeed very hilarious! :lol:

Or imagine him trying to summon some krakens, and the only animals who appear would be some small squids and shrimps :P

But seriously, if you have ever read "20.000 Leagues Under The Sea" or any other stories like that, you know they HAVE to be dangerous!

When I'm thinking about krakens in ASOIAF and kraken-involvement, I mean of course stuff like this:

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/259/5/0/kraken_unleashed_by_papercutillustration-d344cgc.jpg

http://www.unmuseum.org/krakencolor.jpg

http://favim.com/orig/201108/13/gold-kraken-migorado-ocean-pirate-ship-Favim.com-122082.jpg

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/v2_article_large/public/2013/01/07/giant-squid-illustration-20000-leagues-under-sea.jpg (<- imagine this with Euron b) )

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140211173136/fdk/de/images/2/24/Kraken_destroys_the_pearl.png

Aeron is quite obviously preparing the Iron Islands for Theon's eventual return and overthrow of the Kingsmoot decision, as foreshadowed by the story of Torgon the Latecomer.

Except he doesn't know if Theon's alive.

I think Damphair is doing what he said he would do, and try to raise the smallfolk of the Iron Isles against the deicision of the kingsmoot.

Archived