Heresy 130

Black Crow

Well, yea, they are. But you've been lobbying pretty hard for Jon to come back as the Nights King. And now you're lobbying for Drogo to become AA in Jon's body. So they're all separate people? Jon as NK and Drogo-Jon as AAR don't all share the same body? Is this Jon in Hodor's body becoming the NK, and then Drogo in Jon's body becoming AA? Is there a Part 3 to this, like where Lady Dustin inhabits Patchface to become the StMtW?

:lmao: Oh, neigh, neigh, neigh! "Under the waves we will ride seahorses, and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh." ― Ryswell League of Extraordinary GentleMares :lmao:

Random, off-topic comment/question #3: The culinary staff of the Night's Watch includes Three-Fingered Hobb and Owen the Oaf. Both "Hob" and "Oaf" are words that, in older usages and perhaps in some places still today, have been used to reference the fairy or elfish folk. The closest analogue to such people in the ASOIAF universe are the COTF, who are described as having... three fingers (and a thumb) on each hand.

So, I ask you, what's with this fairy-folk motif in the NW kitchens?

Something goofy is going on with the quote buttons...

Snowfyre, we have discussed before the possibility of the Children eating the dead, thus the bone littered floor of the caves. It has also been speculated that the White Walkers were created to round up the dead wights to shepherd them to be gathered and stored for later eating. It isn't anything malicious, per se, but a thrifty recycling and viewing it as a natural process.

originally this thread was all about the Wall the Watch and a heresy, and much and more discussion swirled around Sidhe theory etc.

So I'm going to repost a thought I had last night:

The king beyond the wall

This title could perhaps have an older darker origin.

I'm thinking it has more of a Jonathan Uskglass association.

THE King Beyond the Wall.

No one may ever speak the name of the Nights King, hmm? I wonder how people might refer to him then? Perhaps as THE King Beyond the Wall?

Wildlings take the title from time to time because even they have forgotten the origin, perhaps.

Mance isn't truly the king beyond the wall anymore than he is Rattleshirt.

That title belongs to the sidhe king in the heart of winter methinks...

Or, the king beyond the Wall has been comprised of various races which ruled their factions since the begining of the wall. Joramun's Horn 'woke the giants', and Joramun is never called 'King Beyond The Wall'. So maybe Joramun was a giant whom ruled North of The Wall.

Or a human whom ruled over all.

OR an Other who warred against the NK because he failed to keep up his end of the bargain/stole the role of ?

Random, off-topic comment/question #3: The culinary staff of the Night's Watch includes Three-Fingered Hobb and Owen the Oaf. Both "Hob" and "Oaf" are words that, in older usages and perhaps in some places still today, have been used to reference the fairy or elfish folk. The closest analogue to such people in the ASOIAF universe are the COTF, who are described as having... three fingers (and a thumb) on each hand.

Dunno, but it seems possible that Three-Fingered Hobb may have really put himself into his work.... ackkkkkkkkkkk! :ack:

i beleive that jon will not die, i believe in the next book we will see jon in AGOT's bran's place in bed dying dreaming of crows and bran in the place of our beloved bloodraven/3eyedcrow because 2 things.

1) i believe jon will need is wargtastic powers in the battles to come and that could be the best way to enhance them. ANDDDDD

2) i think we can agree bran is bloodraven replacement he (bloodraven) is training bran to become THE greenseer and maybe he could use this oportunity to teach bran the ropes in awakening dormant warg powers or talking to people in their dreams.

Well if you want to look for significant naming in that direction, there's also that rather strange child Robin Arryn. Now granted his mother wasn't exactly sane, never mind well adjusted, but...

Robin as a variant of Hobb is another faerie name, and although the term changeling can be applied to those humans taken as a tithe to Hell, like Craster's sons, it can also be applied to those whom the faeries sometimes leave in exchange; who behave strangely and are often sickly and hungry and requiring feeding at the breast and coddling long after a human child...

Don't really have an answer for you, but in Heresy 129 Arya Havinfun pointed me to a quote in another discussion about the Night's Watch mixing blood in with their oats; perhaps another connection between the Night's Watch kitchen/diet and the CotF.

"Ghost ate well that day, and Qhorin insisted that the rangers mix some of the garron’s blood with their oats, to give them strength. The taste of that foul porridge almost choked Jon, but he forced it down" (ACoK, p. 710)

Something goofy is going on with the quote buttons...

Snowfyre, we have discussed before the possibility of the Children eating the dead, thus the bone littered floor of the caves. It has also been speculated that the White Walkers were created to round up the dead wights to shepherd them to be gathered and stored for later eating. It isn't anything malicious, per se, but a thrifty recycling and viewing it as a natural process.

Dunno, but it seems possible that Three-Fingered Hobb may have really put himself into his work.... ackkkkkkkkkkk! :ack:

Don't really have an answer for you, but in Heresy 129 Arya Havinfun pointed me to a quote in another discussion about the Night's Watch mixing blood in with their oats; perhaps another connection between the Night's Watch kitchen/diet and the CotF.

"Ghost ate well that day, and Qhorin insisted that the rangers mix some of the garron’s blood with their oats, to give them strength. The taste of that foul porridge almost choked Jon, but he forced it down" (ACoK, p. 710)

And lest we forget, there's always the ongoing dread for sale in the Kings Landing pot shops, known as "bowls of brown". Who knew this might be Fae ethnic cuisine???

Well if you want to look for significant naming in that direction, there's also that rather strange child Robin Arryn. Now granted his mother wasn't exactly sane, never mind well adjusted, but...

Robin as a variant of Hobb is another faerie name, and although the term changeling can be applied to those humans taken as a tithe to Hell, like Craster's sons, it can also be applied to those whom the faeries sometimes leave in exchange; who behave strangely and are often sickly and hungry and requiring feeding at the breast and coddling long after a human child...

Yeah, that boy ain't right. Gods bless Sansa for nurturing him instead of letting him fly like his mom, though his prospects of improving don't seem high.

Well, there's a good bit of cannibalism going on in this story so at least that would fit...

Hopefully just a hob and not his nob. :ack:

...though this would be something new. (Unless Hobb is, uh... "familiar" with prophecy. :eek: )

Hadn't thought of that in a while, though now you mention it I vaguely recall discussing the Arryn boy as a possible changeling. My first thought was "No, Robin's just his name on HBO - it's Robert in the books." But he is called Sweetrobin, isn't he? Hmmm... :idea:

Yeah, that boy ain't right. Gods bless Sansa for nurturing him instead of letting him fly like his mom, though his prospects of improving don't seem high.

Martin said something this past spring about Sansa doing something that might seem "controversial" in the next book. That's rather vague and open-ended... but maybe there's still time for her to take that kid out. :dunno:

Very interesting. Thank you for pointing this out. It makes you wonder how that will all play out. He's pretty enthused with watching people fly.

Well, there's a good bit of cannibalism going on in this story so at least that would fit...

...though this would be something new. (Unless Hobb is, uh... "familiar" with prophecy. :eek: )

Hadn't thought of that in a while, though now you mention it I vaguely recall discussing the Arryn boy as a possible changeling. My first thought was "No, Robin's just his name on HBO - it's Robert in the books." But he is called Sweetrobin, isn't he? Hmmm... :idea:

Martin said something this past spring about Sansa doing something that might seem "controversial" in the next book. That's rather vague and open-ended... but maybe there's still time for her to take that kid out. :dunno:

Is it wrong for me to laugh at this?

At the end of the chapter that the MMD prophecy was said, Dany is bathing Drogo. Dany repeats the prophecy to Drogo but she says to him "when my womb quickens again, and I bear a living child. Then you will return, my sun-and-stars, and not before."

i beleive that jon will not die, i believe in the next book we will see jon in AGOT's bran's place in bed dying dreaming of crows and bran in the place of our beloved bloodraven/3eyedcrow because 2 things.

1) i believe jon will need is wargtastic powers in the battles to come and that could be the best way to enhance them. ANDDDDD

2) i think we can agree bran is bloodraven replacement he (bloodraven) is training bran to become THE greenseer and maybe he could use this oportunity to teach bran the ropes in awakening dormant warg powers or talking to people in their dreams.

I think Bloodraven is training Bran to be the next greenseer, but he's being urged on by the Singers to train Bran. Bloodraven now knows his time is limited and maybe he'll soon join the human skulls decorating the cave, which I think could be past greenseers.

Now with regards these human skulls in the cave. BR is on his last legs but yet has a root growing through his eye socket. I was under the impression that if you were a greenseer and became one with the tree then you remained in your Weirwood throne even after death as part of the Weirwood network. Could be wrong but I thought that the bones littered around the cave were the bones of sacrifices where the Weirwood drinks the blood aka the last vision in Brans Weirwood flash backs. A bit macabre I know but there are too many bones in that cave for them all to have been greenseers.

Archived