WorldCon 2014: Party Info, and Volunteers Needed!

I'm not sure if we can attend, but I'd be happy to give my donation on the night if we do. Just need to remember to draw the cash out! Also, is there any chance of someone selling hot drinks on the night? I rarely drink alcohol, and Coke gets a bit tedious after a while..

All the parties take place in one large hall with tents indicating the various party areas. There is a cash bar at one end. I haven't looked at the full map in a while, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is some sort of hot drink/soft drink concession in there as well (or if the cash bar will have hot drinks).

I'm not sure if we can attend, but I'd be happy to give my donation on the night if we do. Just need to remember to draw the cash out! Also, is there any chance of someone selling hot drinks on the night? I rarely drink alcohol, and Coke gets a bit tedious after a while..

What????? No way! You are going!!!!!!

Gods, I love you people.

I'm on a small computer right now, so I'll have to update the OP tomorrow. Mr. X is the best person to answer for funds -- I'll ask him about that specifically.

As I mentioned on the Facebook Group (if you're not on it, send me a PM with a link to your FB profile and I'll add you, because that is WAY more active during the convention than the board is due to app ease-of-use) -- we cannot bring outside food or drink into the party. That's the rules set up by ExCeL (not the Loncon committee), and they're going to be strictly enforcing them. Just wanted to make that clear, in case anyone was thinking of gifting us with some extra beverages. Unfortunately, we would not be able to accept them without running the risk of being kicked out of the convention.

Great, thanks for the info Mr X!

What????? No way! You are going!!!!!!

I'm working a bit during the con (got some interviews set up), and we'll have to leave early-ish to get the train home, but I'll try to pop my head in. :D

If I'm around, I'd be happy to help with anything you guys need.

We can help out where you need us!

I used to be on the BWB Facebook group, but I don't seem to be any more (I admit I haven't looked at it in years). I didn't delete it :(

For those who are curious, all of the parties will be held in the Fan Village (labeled 3 in the Loncon ExCeL map here [PDF link]). On Friday, the BWB will be in the location marked "Party A" in this map, over by the library.

A useful chart Mr X, thanks.

I note with keen anticipation the placing of the 2017 WorldCon bidders on opposite sides of The Green. Perfect for a pitched battle between their supporters at some point in the proceedings.

Archived