WorldCon 2014: Party Info, and Volunteers Needed!

A useful chart Mr X, thanks.

I note with keen anticipation the placing of the 2017 WorldCon bidders on opposite sides of The Green. Perfect for a pitched battle between their supporters at some point in the proceedings.

No problem. And yes, I think the Battle of the Fan Village Green has the potential for great entertainment.

I'm not entirely sure what my plans are for the party as I'll be backwards and forwards with Squidgey so can I just volunteer for ad hoc duties and you can use me as and when you need me when I show up?

N

I'm happy to help with set-up or anything during the party if I could be useful. (But not take-down as being older I'm not so good at staying up late any more!) Arriving into Euston at 2pm so I'm expecting that 2 hours should be time to get to our hotel and check in and then get to the Con.

Sophie

When do you want the donation? On the night or by PayPal beforhand

also just out of curiosity do you have preference if our donations are in GBP or $ or paypal even?

Oops. I totally missed these questions. Donation preferences:

1) PayPal. (aboyandhis [at] gmail [dot] com)

2) Cash at the con. GBP is fine, though if anyone coming from the USA wants to donate in dollars, that's perfectly fine with me.

Unlike other years, pretty much all of the party supplies are being preordered through the convention center catering system, so there's less of a need to have cash on hand. Most of the donations will be going towards paying my credit card.

I'm assuming the donation is £10pp?

N

Yes, the donation will be £10.

Oh, and for anyone doing the donation via PayPal, please include your board name in the message. I've met a large number of you and know your off-the-board names, but if we've not met yet, this will help me keep track of things. :)

Help whever eneeded, altho setup will be difficult since I just spent some time realising I need to be split three ways already between the panels I want to be at... ACK!

If nothing else I can be clean-up slave. *salutes*

Donation sent.

20 GBP sent to [email redacted]. Thank you!!!

10 pounds sent to Mr. X. :)

sent via paypal for myself and my +1

thanks!

I got all of these. Thank you.

ETA: And I just figured out how (freaking easy and simple it is) to reply to PayPal payments, so I'll do that directly from now on.

Archived