if yezzan in announced but young griff or griff isn't what does that mean for the game of thrones series?

omar_muse

i mean if yezzan is in it that means tyrion is going to be enslaved but with no announcement of young griff are they going to ditch that story or somehow implement it in season 5

all opinions welcome

You need to post in the TV series thread... but I'll speculate happily until they shut this thread down.

I think Yezzen is going to be a combination of Hizdar zo Loraq and Yezzen. He'll be touted as "son of the harpy" but there will be speculation that he isn't... just like with Hizdar. He'll marry Dany, and re-open the fighting pits. Basically, they'll cut Hizdar zo Loraq out of the series to create this more compact character which will likely save them screen time for other things.

Young Griff... will show up as Young Griff... possibly without blue hair. That's my feeling on the matter.

OR... Daario turns out to be Young Griff. lol

Hizdahr is going to be Hizdahr in the tv-series.

Maybe not announcing young Griff is a way to surprise more non-book readers, and maybe they´ve replaced him with Gendry.

Then how would you explain Yezzen being charming and good looking? He's obviously a suitor... There's no other way they'd make such a leap

Dinklage is still in Toronto filming an Adam Sandler movie called Pixels. I wouldn't worry too much about the characters in his storyline being cast until he actually makes his way to Belfast or Croatia or wherever he starts shooting. Production for GoT last until November and casting is ongoing.

Then how would you explain Yezzen being charming and good looking? He's obviously a suitor... There's no other way they'd make such a leap

ramsey is better looking in the show than described in the book and on top of that doran is not overweight the way id imagine someone with gout would usually be

im hoping that they're either 1. going to announce young griffs as aegon at the end of the upcoming season or 2 . bring him in early as an important character in the next season

in fairness i expect to be pleased by the directors as i have been so far .... no screen adaptation will have the same quantity of character depth as any book and that is even more difficult with the sheer volume that grrm has written

How do you know he'll be portrayed that way in the show? Anyway, Hizdahr isn't bad looking and is already more prominent last season than he was at the end of ASOS

How do you know he'll be portrayed that way in the show? Anyway, Hizdahr isn't bad looking and is already more prominent last season than he was at the end of ASOS

Agreed. I do wonder if Yezzen might take Daxos' role as negotiator in addition to being the Ghiscari commander.

Yeah it will suck if Aegon isn't in the show because to me it means he won't do anything major during in the bigger picture or even sit on the Iron Throne which is what I expect him to do during Winds.

i defiantly don't think he will sit on the iron throne just because of the cersei prophecy

Maggy : Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear

Frankly , I don't really understand where George is going with the Aegon thing.

He's got two novels to go and about a ga-zillion plot arcs to bring together , if he introduces any more major characters he's gonna wind up with another book so big the publisher will ask for another Feast-Dance split, then we could wind up with Winds and Dreams being four more books!

GRRM has got to bring some focus into the story... if he can do that and Aegon does play a role in the end, then I think we will see him.

I think one of the things that is influencing casting right now is that D&D&B know the rest-of-story , at least before GRRM 'gardens' it, and the back echo from that is influencing the next three seasons story.

Like I have said before what if Tolkien had of said , at the beginning of the second half of Return of the King, here are 10 more major characters and by-the-way the story is about to end!

i defiantly don't think he will sit on the iron throne just because of the cersei prophecy

Maggy : Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear

Good point, I have been of the belief Aegon will take the throne but then lose it to either Sansa or Dany, but either of those two get their first I am really not sure what Aegon will achieve in the bigger picture.

Archived