if yezzan in announced but young griff or griff isn't what does that mean for the game of thrones series?

omar_muse

Either something or nothing will come of this article, but in the meantime, it gives me hope for Aegon to appear in the show.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/562590/20140813/game-thrones-season-5-spoilers-tyrion-lannister.htm#.U-wXlmMsAuj

It's only speculation, it seems. They don't seem to know more than we do.

Good point, I have been of the belief Aegon will take the throne but then lose it to either Sansa or Dany, but either of those two get their first I am really not sure what Aegon will achieve in the bigger picture.

help dany get the throne after a failed attempt and become the 2nd/3rd dragon

i think that george has taken and will take more important/loved characters (even if a lot of readers don't like dany) but i have always felt that dany was untouchable in his world.

This was reinforced by an interview he did recently talking about leaders and in other fantasys (LotR) only needing a good man (aragorn) to rule and rule well for the foreseeable future with their king/land leadership skills not being tested. He seems to be preparing dany with this in mind , prove herself as a leader in mereen and take the throne, she wont need to prove herself as a good queen in his world and he could be happy with her ruling for the foreseeable future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APLoxnEWt0Y

video's here if you want to give it a look

• 4 months later...

i defiantly don't think he will sit on the iron throne just because of the cersei prophecy

Maggy : Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear

Ha! Tyrion did say that Aegon was very "comely." Now there's a thought...

They're not going to announce surprise characters, just like they're not announcing Stoneheart.

Expect that there's no reason for them not to just announce them as "Griff" and "Young Griff". Like when they introduced Ramsay, his identity was a twist so they only credited him as "Boy" for most of the season. They're not going to keep the casting of new major characters secret. If they were in we would have known long ago.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope he does show up... I'm thinking they may try and shorten Tyrion's journey/ skip (f)Aegon's journey west for length purposes. Perhaps show (f)Aegon will be hiding in Dorne this whole time? And perhaps Jaime Lannister will become his JonCon? Oops, I just got a little crazy with my speculating...

Archived