Would you recast any character?

Ingelheim

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure how you can call her plain or unattractive. She's not a glamour model, but she sure as hell isn't bad-looking.

io

Me and most of the world out there disagree. The actress even admits she's ugly on multiple occasions. But we're getting off-topic here. I just think that they should have paid more attention to looks (and got someone with more acting experience. Maisie has natural talent but her acting is a bit rough.)

io

Me and most of the world out there disagree. The actress even admits she's ugly on multiple occasions. But we're getting off-topic here. I just think that they should have paid more attention to looks (and got someone with more acting experience. Maisie has natural talent but her acting is a bit rough.)

....Right. I haven't seen most of the people here share your opinion.

That picture kind of proves my point. I'm not happy with her appearance and I feel that her likeness to Lyanna will be important.

This is nonsense. We don't even know how Lyanna looked like. The only thing Maisie and Lyanna don't have in common is that the former doesn't have the long-faced Stark look, but only Benjen looks like that in the show anyway

Maisie is a good looking girl, but if your Lyanna headcanon is some sort of Northern Megan Fox, well, that's your baggage

I must agree a little.

Maisie looks "cute" and not "hot" or "beautiful" if you know what I mean.

I dont kniw about most or some or those shit. I personally find her to be a very cute girl. But a beautiful woman? Nope.

Her acting is better than most on the show (except Tyrion, Oberyn and Tywin). And I think that is what matters when you cast someone

Well, looks are a matter of taste, but I doubt that future Arya storylines are going to depend on her looking like a supermodel... at least with her own face (as a FM, she could look like anyone). And I doubt that Arya's similarity to Lyanna is going to play any significance whatsoever in her arc in the books, let alone in the show. I don't even see how it would. I think it was just a way for GRRM to indirectly hint at Jon's resemblance to "aunt" Lyanna, and to tell us something about Lyanna personality-wise (Ned talking about her wilfulness), further hinting at R+L=J.

Even outside of this site i've mostly heard people praising her acting. It was Sophie Turner who grated on most viewers I came across. But whatever, we're not gonna come to an understanding here.

Really?

Most people seem to think she's one of the better actors on the show, and many books readers think she's perhaps the only saving grace of Show!Sansa.

I might actually recast Mel as Cersei, Cersei as Cat, and Ros as Mel. I do adore Michelle Fairley as my Lady, but Lena is just not right as Cersei from the books.

So true, from the movies I've seen with Headey in it, she exhibits a motherly aura which is very suitable for Cat.

If I do recall correctly, Carice was originally going to audition for Cersei but had scheduling issues. Given D&D have turned Mel into an utterly evil promiscuous man-eating harlot which she's played pretty well so far, I have no doubts she'd make a better Cersei then Lena.... if they bothered to stop whitewashing Cersei.

Though none of them really look good as blondes to be honest.

Archived