When did Jaime try to kill Arya?

Pilusmagnus

How do we know that she asked her that and how can we know for sure if he would have done it?

“As I was fucking her, Cersei cried, ‘I want.’ I thought that she meant me, but it was the Stark girl that she wanted, maimed or dead.” The things I do for love. “It was only by chance that Stark’s own men found the girl before me. If I had come on her first...”

AFFC, Jaime confesses to Ilyn Payne

How do we know that she asked her that and how can we know for sure if he would have done it?

“As I was fucking her, Cersei cried, ‘I want.’ I thought that she meant me, but it was the Stark girl that she wanted, maimed or dead.” The things I do for love. “It was only by chance that Stark’s own men found the girl before me. If I had come on her first...

I always wondered about that passage. I mean would Jaime really have been that moronic/insane/idiotic to kill the 9 year old daughter of the Lord of one of the most powerful houses in Westeros who furthermore was BFF with the king.

Maybe he was but it is really hard to figure out what the consequences would have looked like.

I always wondered about that passage. I mean would Jaime really have been that moronic/insane/idiotic to kill the 9 year old daughter of the Lord of one of the most powerful houses in Westeros who furthermore was BFF with the king.

Maybe he was but it is really hard to figure out what the consequences would have looked like.

Unlike the wisdom of killing 7 year-old son of that same Lotd. ;)

Unlike the wisdom of killing 7 year-old son of that same Lotd. ;)

Of course I assumed that it would be known that Jaime is the killer. Or at least that the body of murdered Arya would have been found.

With Bran everyone thought it was an accident, given his dangerous hobby.

:P ;)

OT, but I like that part better in Spanish.

We have genders in our articles, as you know, and Cersei couldn't cry "I WANT" (it makes no sense in spanish) but I WANT HER, being Arya a "she". To make sense with Jaime's words, he says she wanted something of him, something that needs to use the feminine pronoun: his "polla", meaning "dick" and a feminine word.

"Mientras me la follaba, Cersei gritaba «¡La quiero!». Pensé que se refería a mi polla, pero lo que quería era a la pequeña Stark, mutilada o muerta", something like:

"As I was fucking her, Cersei cried, ‘I want IT.’ I thought that she meant my dick, but it was the Stark girl that she wanted, maimed or dead.”

He seems unsure of what he would have done if he found Arya, so that suggests he knows he "might" have maimed or killed her...it would be a little different situation than Bran, because that was an impulse in the moment....killing or maiming Arya would be much more premeditated than what he did with Bran.....

Jaimie (before he lost his hand) was not one who thought much about the consequences of his actions.

He seems unsure of what he would have done if he found Arya, so that suggests he knows he "might" have maimed or killed her...it would be a little different situation than Bran, because that was an impulse in the moment....killing or maiming Arya would be much more premeditated than what he did with Bran.....

Yes, my thinking too.

Jaimie (before he lost his hand) was not one who thought much about the consequences of his actions.

That is true, Jaime is impulsive. But he doesnt strike me as someone who would slowly walk towards a little girl and kill her. That goes far beyond being impulsive. He is no Hound (that what "just follows orders").

That is true, Jaime is impulsive. But he doesnt strike me as someone who would slowly walk towards a little girl and kill her. That goes far beyond being impulsive. He is no Hound (that what "just follows orders").

I really think it could go either way. We also know Arya..and if Jamie caught her we can be reasonably sure she would fight him and talk back to him in the extreme...that could get enough of a rise out of him that he would at least have maimed her. I'm not sure even "Bad Jamie" would kill a 9 year old high borne girl in cold blood though, but he may have cut her hand off.

I think the only point pre-maiming where he shows a shred of forethought is when he decides not to kill Ned in KL.

Though i'm not sure that fully counts as Ned had to point it out to him

Archived