Westeros Fantasy Football Thunderdome 2014-15

Bronn Stone

Who knows with this league. I autodrafted last year and had one of the strongest teams in the league. I don't know what to think this year. Reached for Romo a little but didn't want Griffin. My WRs hopefully can get me enough points but are question marks and my RBs are awesome. Baltimore faces Carolina on Denver's bye. Not sure how I feel about that.

QB: Romo (Manuel)

WR: Brown, Shorts, Hopkins (Nicks, Smith Sr., Beckham Jr.)

RB: Peterson, Gore (West, Brown)

K: Walsh

Def: Denver (Baltimore)

QB: Andrew Luck (M. Cassel)

RB: Shane Vereen, Trent Richardson (R. Rice, S. Greene, R. Hillman)

WR: A.J. Green, Pierre Garcon, Marques Colston (G. Jennings, M. Williams)

TE: Dennis Pitta (L. Toilolo)

K: Matt Bryant

DST: Miami

IDK. Picking at 16 is ugly, Luck was a significant reach but I was worried that, as in years before, by the time it got back around to me my QB pickings would be terrible. Love my WRs, and if either T-Rich or Vereen pops, I think this team will be fine.

QB: Andrew Luck (M. Cassel)

RB: Shane Vereen, Trent Richardson (R. Rice, S. Greene, R. Hillman)

WR: A.J. Green, Pierre Garcon, Marques Colston (G. Jennings, M. Williams)

TE: Dennis Pitta (L. Toilolo)

K: Matt Bryant

DST: Miami

IDK. Picking at 16 is ugly, Luck was a significant reach but I was worried that, as in years before, by the time it got back around to me my QB pickings would be terrible. Love my WRs, and if either T-Rich or Vereen pops, I think this team will be fine.

I was in the same dilemma on the other end, sixteen picks earlier. I had to start the 2nd tier of QB with the 33rd pick or give up on it entirely. It was one of the arguments for taking Peyton first. And it turned out I was pretty much right. By the time my fourth pick came, the only QB I actually like this year who was left was Kaepernick, and I like him as a flyer, not a cornerstone.

Meeting tonight and couldn't draft. Set my players thru the top 100 and hoped for the best. I gotta say that this is the best auto draft I have ever had.

QB - Rodgers ( Manziel )

RB - Morris, Foster ( Ivory, Micheal )

WR - Harvin, D. Jackson, Cooks ( Gibson, Burleson )

TE - Reed ( Wright )

DEF - Seattle

K - Gostkowski

Really, Yahoo? Bite me.

The GM of Eyrie Mavericks took the sixth overall pick in the draft and turned it into a pretty decent team. Unless of course they planned on winning, because if that was the plan, then it didn't go very well. Eyrie Mavericks will need to make some moves to improve their playoff chances, currently projected to finish 10th in Westeros Football Thunderdome League with a record of 6-7-0 (1,161 points). They went after the diva position early, using three of their first five selections on WRs Randall Cobb (second round), T.Y. Hilton (fourth round), and Torrey Smith (fifth round). They built one of the bottom groups of RBs in the league, as they have Eddie Lacy, Mark Ingram, Bernard Pierce, and Knile Davis for their rotation.

Nice draft. If there were a Fantasy Football Hall Of Fame, you should nominate yourself. Wait, there is? And you can??

No shit I reached. It's a 16 person draft! :P Still, after they dissed me, they still gave me a B.

I never know what to think of my Thunderdome teams.

QB: Newton (Tannehill)
WR: Cobb, Hilton, T. Smith (J. Hunter, K.Thompkins, M. Sanu)
RB: Lacy, Pierce (Ingram, K, Davis)
TE: Clay (D. Allen)
K: Crosby
DEF: NE

Yahoo grades me dead last. D. As if I am not going to resolve the kicker issue.

The last pick made sense. If I make a trade that frees up a spot, I've already got a slot. If I don't, I drop Polk before the games start (or maybe before the afternoon games start so I can see if I even need to bother) so that he goes on waivers and nobody can grab him until a round of bidding. I may be able to drop him even though his game has started and pick up a kicker, which would give me the chance to hedge against a McCoy injury for the first half.

Either way, just grabbing a meatloaf kicker in that slot made no sense.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone wants to laugh really hard - or just to witness an actual, authentic garbage fire in progress - feel free to go check out me vs. Whiskeyjack in Thunderdome.

Neither of us deserves to win. But I'm hoping karma is on my side - after losing by 0.3 points last week, it would be nice to win a close one this time around.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the record for lowest weekly score ever in Thunderdome?! I think I may have achieved it this week :P

Wow, your guys really underperformed.

I am kind of surprised I am number 1 in points considering my 1st round pick is benched for being a piece of shit. Yet I am 2-2. It's like last year. The South has 3 of the top 4 scorers so far this year.

Archived