Jon & Dany TWINS?!

LadySaeryn

Umm ok you really don't have to be rude about it. We're all fans here, we all read the books and we all have our own opinions. You really don't have to take everything in here so seriously. Lighten up a bit.

Wow, easy...

I am not rude... I am just pointing what a bad and counter-productive argument is to actually say "let's pretend this is true"... It's like priests who can't answer the kids' answers properly and then they say you: "Oh, you have to believe in God"

Lastly, lemon trees have been done so much that it is kinda funny how people actually still use it...

Braavos, devoid of grass and trees
They have no trees, she realized. Braavos is all stone, a grey city in a green sea.
In the forest, they see all. but there are no trees here
"There's no more wood." Dareon had paid the innkeep double for a room with a hearth, but none of them had realized that wood would be so costly here. Trees did not grow on Braavos, save in the courts and gardens of the mighty."

These 8 words really change things....

look on the Map-book and there's only one place in Braavos with green and trees...

looooooooooooook

(and dp already called it)

now, i must go and have a stiff drink

Here's the interview so you can see for yourself.

Ah, I see. So the lemon trees in Dorne got together decided to keep their root pure and thus any efforts for seeds or saplings to be transported will end in immediate death of that part of the root?

Seriously, think about this. Dany and Viserys lived a wealthy life in Braavos and beyond. In the courtyards of the mighty, anything can be found. Including a goddamn lemon tree. We aren't talking about a functional orchard here. Merely a rich man's ornament in a courtyard.

Thanks for the link!

I get how it could be there if some rich guy wanted it in his garden or something but I mean how would it produce any lemons you know?

This theory doesn't really hold up anyway since GRRM stated the age difference between Jon and Dany.

Thought about that, but if Rhaegar is Jon's father then wouldn't that be impossible? Unless he comes back as a fire breathing zombie who's intent on destroying Westeros. Now that would be cool!

I just mean the general gist of Luke's story, hidden identity of true father and all that. It just strikes me as a popular culture reference to indicate that Jon's father is not who the world thinks it is and not necessarily something that reflects Luke's story with specific regard to there being twins etc.

Thanks for the link!

I get how it could be there if some rich guy wanted it in his garden or something but I mean how would it produce any lemons you know?

This theory doesn't really hold up anyway since GRRM stated the age difference between Jon and Dany.

Fertilizer and sun.

ETA: If my terrace was at the right side, I could grow a lemon tree in a pot, and I live in Belgium.

Yes. Specially since if it was the EXACT same situation, it would be very silly. I mean... Star Wars is a known story. What's next, Jon gets a boat with a jerk-but-not-really captain and Dany falls for this guy (who's btw being chased by the Iron Bank)?

Dany will fall for Tormund it is known. :cool4:

Thanks for the link!

If I recall correctly, Dany only recalls the tree, never recalls fond memories of things like lemonade or lemoncakes. It's fairly unlikely this tree would produce viable lemons, at most a couple a year and I imagine they'd be fairly poor quality. But it doesn't detract from the ornamental value of having a lemon tree. It's a labor intensive and time consuming status symbol, not a tree to be used for consumption.

Yes. Specially since if it was the EXACT same situation, it would be very silly. I mean... Star Wars is a known story. What's next, Jon gets a boat with a jerk-but-not-really captain and Dany falls for this guy (who's btw being chased by the Iron Bank)?

No, of course not, that would be silly. Not by a bank. By some sleazy gangster. Lord Petyr the Hutt.

No, if it were true, that would be lying and GRRM has said that he is not a liar.

What lie? It is absolutely true that people born 3 minutes apart are "probably" closer to 9 months apart than they are to a year apart. And (as I also mentioned) the real Daenerys Stormborn would indeed be born "probably" (about) 8 or 9 months later than events at the TOJ. It is just that the Dany we know might not be that person.

Actually there are definite development phase differences: A 9 month old baby might already be babbling mama and dada. A newborn cannot. A 9 month old baby can sit upright. A newborn can't even lift its head. A 9 month old baby will move around in some way (crawling, on the bottom, shuffling around on the stomach, ...), a newborn cannot. And there are other phases in the first 5 years. You may not remember it, but someone who has had kids would know for sure.

Irrelevant. If Dany cannot remember the difference, then the reader does not know the difference.

It is. Sorry. I know when I was born because I trust what my parents told me; and because certain documents, which I presume refer to me, exist. From my personal knowledge alone I could be many months older or younger.

You never ask "What would I do?" because you are not Dany or Robb or Jon Arryn. You are not a character in a book. So I don't care about your real-life example.

We know Sansa is wrong about her kissing the Hound. We don't need multiple POVs in King's Landing to know Cersei is a terrible queen. We know Brienne was looking in the wrong place for Sansa. Your observation that Dany needs to know something just so we readers know something is wrong.

What's baffling is that you are arguing against the text and GRRM's own words. Ygrain's signature has never been more relevant.

I thought about this idea too and posted about it (although it got all of like three responses) but after thinking about it some more it just seems way too cheesy for GRRM to end the series this way. It seems as though he'll reveal some elements that are a little corny already like secret royal identities, etc., but I truly doubt he'd go as far as to do the whole secret twins seperated at birth who will save the world once they are re-united. I think there is something more to Dany's identity, but I don't think its that she's Jon's twin.

From my personal knowledge alone I could be many months older or younger.

And then you assume it's the same for everybody else. My first memory is of my second birthday (and I never shared that memory with anyone before I was 12). I have memories of my third year, my fourth and my fifth. And I can infer my age at the time because of the places and people I was with at the time of the memory and where I lived.

By your reasoning, Jaime isn't Jaime, Cersei isn't Cersei, Tyrion isn't Tyrion, Ned isn't Ned, etc... basically everybody was baby switched and could be any age.

You never ask "What would I do?" because you are not Dany or Robb or Jon Arryn. You are not a character in a book. So I don't care about your real-life example.

We know Sansa is wrong about her kissing the Hound. We don't need multiple POVs in King's Landing to know Cersei is a terrible queen. We know Brienne was looking in the wrong place for Sansa. Your observation that Dany needs to know something just so we readers know something is wrong.

What's baffling is that you are arguing against the text and GRRM's own words. Ygrain's signature has never been more relevant.

I don't see an argument here.

Archived