Jon & Dany TWINS?!

LadySaeryn

And then you assume it's the same for everybody else.

I assume nothing of the sort. The burden is on the one claiming certainty. Which is not me.

My first memory is of my second birthday (and I never shared that memory with anyone before I was 12).

And do you assume, based on this, that Dany also remembers her second birthday? If not, then what is your point?

By your reasoning, Jaime isn't Jaime, Cersei isn't Cersei, Tyrion isn't Tyrion, Ned isn't Ned, etc... basically everybody was baby switched and could be any age.

I see. Baby swaps are impossible, because if they were, everyone in the world would be baby-swapped.

I deserve a bullet in the skull for starting this lemon tree obsession

Could be worse, you could of started a corn obsession. Trust me those can be painful, corn obsessions can be killers... Hey your theory even made it into that really bad video with that guy who was really confused about R+L=J. I bet that made you day. At least nobody tried to explain your own theory to you, "No you don't understand what the OP is saying about Lemon Trees in Braavos, see this egg dude wrote a theory about it"

Here I know just what will make you feel better.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bCDIt50hRDs

But at least you still got hope, unless of course a person with a Cat AV shows up who happens to have conversations with Martin. Then you are going to feel like this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KnWA2JUYR34

It is not irrelevant to the people who knew and saw Dany.

What people? Are you talking about people we have actually heard from? If not, then what is your point?

Darry? He's apparently dead. We have not heard from him and perhaps never will. We cannot even be sure that the man Dany rememers as calling her "Princess" was really Darry. He will never confirm that our Dany is the real Dany.

Viserys? He is the most likely to know, but as already pointed out, he has a motive to deceive, since he has spent the last 13 years plotting his return to power, and has long intended to use Dany for that purpose.

The servants? They fled and have never been seen again; and if they did show up, would they be able to tell that one Targ woman was not the Targ child they saw 10 years ago?

He will never confirm that our Dany is the real Dany.

Enough of this. Really.

Because if we're starting to doubt Dany is Dany, then Viserys was never Viserys, the Lannister twins were never the Lannister twins, JOn isn't Jon, Quentyn isn't Quentyn and Varys isn't actually Varys. No one is no one because there isn't someone else to confirm their identities. I mean, maybe Lysa switched Robb with some baby out of spite and jealousy because why not?

This whole "baby switching" is taken in the worst possible context and incredibly overused in the way to try to find another theory that doesn't exist and that has already been used:

- We have Mance's son and Craster's being switched by Jon.

- We have Jon himself who is being undercover as Ned's son (not the same than a switch)

- Aegon, who claims to have been switched with another baby.

THREE TIMES five babies have been allegedly changed. Why would GRRM keep doing that? We have an example of a real switch, an alleged switch and an identity being hidden. What else is needed? And, why would Dany be fake? What would be the point on her suddenly realising she's not actually Aerys and Rhaella's daughter? There is no point besides wanting to be crackpot for the sake of being crackpot and it has stopped being funny a few months ago.

What people? Are you talking about people we have actually heard from? If not, then what is your point?

The point is that all sorts of people come and go in 5 years and can tell whether a child is 1,2,3,4,5: wet nurses,kitchen maids, etc. And if the gossipers know, then soon everybody knows, and then there would be evidence.

Viserys? He is the most likely to know, but as already pointed out, he has a motive to deceive, since he has spent the last 13 years plotting his return to power, and has long intended to use Dany for that purpose.

Viserys doesn't need any motive to deceive, other than being Viserys. He's a psychopath, and they are pathological liars, just because.

You argue for someone to be able to confirm Dany is Dany, while there is no evidence to doubt her identity, and there is definite evidence for her to be who she and others say she is: her appearance shows she's a full Targ, because the Targ genes are recessive. If she had been Jon's twin she'd have dark hair and no lilac eyes. And Jon can't be a full Targ, because he definitely has the Stark (Lyanna's) look. So, if she's a full Targ, and Jon isn't, then Ocham's razor applies in Dany's case. We know of only one full Targ girl child: daughter of Rhaenys and Aerys. So, Dany is Dany.

I assume nothing of the sort. The burden is on the one claiming certainty. Which is not me.

LOL..The burden of proof is on the one coming up with a hypothesis. The hypothesis here is that Dany isn't Dany, and it needs more evidence than: she can't prove her exact age, because she doesn't have a birth certificate.

And do you assume, based on this, that Dany also remembers her second birthday? If not, then what is your point?

The point is that you can't use your own personal inability to tell your age apart based on memories to generalize and apply it to everybody.

I see. Baby swaps are impossible, because if they were, everyone in the world would be baby-swapped.

Strawman argument. The point is that when you argue that someone is baby-swapped just because they can't produce a birth certificate, then by that reasoning everybody is baby-swapped in Westeros, which won't be the case. Dany's Targ looks are the birth certificate.

Archived