Arya and Missandei?

Mycah Bluth

Especially for killing a queen. Sending someone who's been training for less than a year seems unprofessional to me.

And killing a little girl to take her face also seems against their teachings. They use people who have their lives in the temple, though we don't know everything about the FM to be sure on that.

If Arya stays on with the Faceless Men for at least the first half of Winds of Winter (which I think she will), I have a theory that she will make some serious sacrifices to level up with them. In return for her efforts, despite the great danger posed by her interior struggle, the Kindly Man will assign her to infiltrate Daenerys' army as it heads towards Westeros. I also think it's very, very possible (and also mega disturbing) that Arya will scope out Missandei, kill her, and take her face. Boom, Dany at Arya's…..mercy.Thoughts?

Been thinking this same thing actually. The only other idea I have is that Arya will get to Meereen posing as someone else, and find out that Missandei was FM'd already, thus giving Arya a chance to save Dany's life. Reward: exoneration for any possible crimes (like being the daughter of one of the usurper's dogs) and a free ticket to Westeros.

Especially for killing a queen. Sending someone who's been training for less than a year seems unprofessional to me.

And killing a little girl to take her face also seems against their teachings. They use people who have their lives in the temple, though we don't know everything about the FM to be sure on that.

Oh, how quickly they forget! Pate was only a boy, but "the alchemist" had no problem liquefying him far, far from the temple.

Been thinking this same thing actually. The only other idea I have is that Arya will get to Meereen posing as someone else, and find out that Missandei was FM'd already, thus giving Arya a chance to save Dany's life. Reward: exoneration for any possible crimes (like being the daughter of one of the usurper's dogs) and a free ticket to Westeros.

I have never understood the theory of Missandei being a FM. If she is, what the hell is she waiting for? She could've killed Dany hundreds of times over by now. She is just an extremely smart little girl, there's no reason to believe there's anything more to her than that.

I have never understood the theory of Missandei being a FM. If she is, what the hell is she waiting for? She could've killed Dany hundreds of times over by now. She is just an extremely smart little girl, there's no reason to believe there's anything more to her than that.

The Daughter of the Harpy

If she would be alone it might be, but she has brothers. Three very loyal unsullied. That's a big scheme to set up.

I don't think she is there to be killed by Arya. She is to smart, she functions as Dany's conscience. She represent what Dany stands for, that's her role.

I think the FM would support dany, why would they not?

Dany represents all they want the world to have (at least during the initial days of FM) -1#ABOLISH SLAVERY AND 2#ACCUMULATION OF POWER

They hated people who had no one to answer to..not kings and queens....

SO ARYA BEING SENT TO KILL DANY OR MISSENDAI IS ILLOGICAL :dunno:

Though they are probably in favour of whoever smashes slavery, the FM most probably do not want any accumulation of power, especially by a dragonlady, heir of old Valyria.

Also, it is not because agendas may coincide on some points that two factions will necessarily ally.

Also, it's not like taking Missandei's place would in any way hinder Dany's advance, indeed, it might even help steering her in the way the FM desires. How easy is it for a trusted girl to say "I think doing this or that would be good", after all. Of course, if FM disguises were truly perfect, it would be even easy to just replace Dany, assume control of her armies, dragons, and power in her stead, and do whatever the heck the FM desire.

Also, Arya also has her own agenda and could act by herself, her path is still pretty open. Many think she will desert the FM one way or another, not many think she will forget the skills she got with the FM and never use them (somewhat strange, this, considering, a lot are prattling about her "losing her identity" -meaning her memories and bonds with her family- if she stayed an assassin, but nobody thinks that losing her identity as a FM means losing the skills or something. anyway...)

Missandei;s abilities are more intellectual, Arya's martial...

Arya has been taught for her whole stay in Braavos to impersonate non-martial characters though.

Now FM trying to manipulate Dany makes more sense...............murdering her is senseless....she is the only one who can truly control a dragon...........(DRAGONBINDER requres sacrifice...and MAGIC).....so for the FM to check unconditional growth of power they will try to manipulate Dany according to their wishes rather thyan killing her......................................
............Ohhh! wait a minute ....they might discover Arya'S warging ability and ask her to control one or more dragons using her ability....and send her to dany Dany OR Meeren...

Brandon the warg, please ease up on the caps locks, it makes your posts unreadable. Can you please reformulate with less frothing at the mouth?

I've got a feeling that Arya may be contracted to kill Alayne Stone

Who would pay? Who would want her dead? How would they explain it to the FM? Why send a FM instead of some random catspaw? Why Alayne and not a higher profile target? Why would the FM even send Arya, in any case?

Brandon the warg, please ease up on the caps locks, it makes your posts unreadable. Can you please reformulate with less frothing at the mouth?

Who would pay? Who would want her dead? How would they explain it to the FM? Why send a FM instead of some random catspaw? Why Alayne and not a higher profile target? Why would the FM even send Arya, in any case?

We may never know. Just a feeling i've always had.

This theory was on here more frequently when Missandei wasn't added to the show yet.

Anyways, I don't think Arya would be doing it herself as she won't finish her training and I think it's unlikely she learns face changing as it takes years and I imagine it's one of the last steps. She might not even stay long enough learn glamor. If she doesn't then she can't do theories such as killing Tyrion to take his face to be Cersei's valonquar, she can't take Missandei's face on her own.

But I do wonder if another FM would have to go to Missandei with her since she doesn't know how to take the face herself. Or maybe someone else kills Missandei ahead of time and gives Arya the face.

However, I'm not sold on her being Missandei. I'm not sure if she'll actually be part of Dany's entourage and I think their meeting will be negative at least at first. Based on things in the text about her fleeing from dragons and feeling that dragons didn't love her and wanted her flesh and only later feeling like they were friends.

Archived