Pictionay 16th eddition. Start/finish Sentances revealed at 5pm UK time

Pebble thats Stubby

Welcome to the 16th edition of Pictionary. Thanks go to all the previous hosts of this wonderful game and special thanks to Helena who ran the last fantastic game.

If you have never played before and have some free time to kill, then you simply must sign up. I guarantee a fantastic time with lots of merriment. Don't think you have to be able to draw to play - or even be able to describe stuff accurately Check out the results of our previous games Required viewing whenever you are feeling down. guaranteed to lift your spirits and have you giggling in no time.

There is no theme to this game. Please try to keep the starting sentences reasonable (not unnecessarily graphic etc.), but otherwise, there are no limits

Here will follow lazy spoiler tagged for length plagiarism, nothing drastic has been changed so regulars shouldn't have to read it, but if you've got some time to kill, GO FOR IT!

Round 1 - Starting sentences. Done

Round 2 - Drawing Done

Round 3 - Describing Done

Round 4 - Drawing Done

Round 5 - Describing Done

Round 6 - Drawing Done

Round 7 - Describing Done

Round 8 - LAST Drawing Round

Round 9 - FINAL DESCRIPTIONS

Round 10 - Match the start and End Sentences!!!!

Player list (Bolded = Wonderful person who has completed tasks for this round.)

TC

Buckwheat

Helena

Blackbear

Lany

Leap

Castellan

KiDissaster

Emmit

Possible replacements

Evermind

Emmit

Bex/Helena

Bonus chains are available, and may be requested when you task for the round has been completed. Bonus sentences may be available before the game starts (but I won't be here that frequently during world con itself.

I have decided that all bonus chains will be themed. (at least for now)

the theme is things that have happened involving Pebble or things Pebble thinks will happen in the future. I'll let you work out which ones have happened at some point in my life - or which one's I'm predicting.

Participating in Bonus chains

Helena 1,2,3,4

Crow's 3rd eye 2

Blackbear 1,2

Buckwheat 1,2,4

Lany 1,4

Game Flow:
  • Everyone signed up should start by PMing me with a sentence. It shouldn't be incredibly long, but it can basically be as silly as you want it to be and about anything you want it to be (as long as it's safe for work). It should particularly be describing a situation, etc. It does not have to be about ASOIAF. It can be about anything you wish. (Ex: The hapless Knight having killed a dragon, and climbed the tower using a ladder, is startled to find Rapunzel in bed with her girlfriend.)
  • When the game starts, each of these sentences will be sent out to a different player. This player will have approximately 72 hours (3 days) to portray that sentence in picture form and send me the link to their drawn picture.
  • At the end of those 72 hours, the picture will be sent to a third person, who hasn't seen anything from that chain before. This person will have approximately 48 hours to send in a sentence summarizing the picture.
  • All times will use GMT, it's my local time and it's easy to work out from wherever you are.
  • Each Chain will start with a Sentence and end with one. There will be a maximum of 9 rounds (otherwise the game never ends), less if we have less than nine Players.
  • BOLDED FOR IMPORTANCE If you cannot meet a deadline, please notify me as soon as you've received the sentence (or picture)--or, better yet, tell me before you receive one. I will find somebody else and send it there. I will also do this automatically if you have not drawn it in 72 hours. In this way, it is possible for one player to have more than one sentence to draw (or more than one picture to summarize, or one of each) at once.
  • Somebody who consistently fails to meet deadlines will be kicked out of the game at my discretion. Especially somebody who doesn't announce that they cannot meet a deadline beforehand!
  • I shall update I may update if I remember this opening post to indicate what round we are on and when deadlines are.

Picture/sentence standards:

• Any drawing program--Photoshop, Flash, MS Paint--will do. Drawing pictures by hand and scanning them will also do. Basically, anything will do as long as I can see it.
  • Having said that, please draw everything from scratch. You can use Google Images as a reference, but don't paste other people's pictures into your own.
  • In images, words are completely banned! English letters used to denote words, and codes (camel octopus dinosaur eagle snake), will also be sent back with a stern warning, although if it's relevant you can use them to portray the alphabet. Numbers and symbols and math are all fine.
  • Please don't intentionally mislead anybody! Do the most accurate non-legalistic picture that you can. The chain will find a way to mutate anyway.
  • Pictures shouldn't be too large or too small, which basically means as long as I can see them and they are not huge, you're fine.
  • Photographs are best saved as JPGs; otherwise, if in doubt, you should probably save as a PNG. Do not save as a BMP under any circumstances or I'll have to ask you to reformat it before sending it onward, and nobody wants that. If you're using MS paint, remember to save your pictures as .jpg NOT keep the .bmp saving!
  • Please be mindful of where you upload your pictures to. Tinypic deletes its pictures without warning. Imgur is probably your best bet (imgur.com).
  • No Photobucket. It links to the gallery and not the pictures. Images hosted on Photobucket will not be accepted.
  • Link to the photo. Not the Gallery.
  • When you upload, don't save it under a name that will hint at its origins. This is something else that you'll need to reformat over.
  • Okay, on to sentences. Keep it to one sentence and don't be too legalistic about what you are summarizing.
  • Please don't break the site rules. Keep it reasonably safe for work.
  • Reasonably safe for work means this: We're not prudes here, but don't post anything which would make co-players uncomfortable.
  • I hold overall autonomy of the game, if I decide a drawing/sentence is not suitable, tough.

Miscellaneous:

• Please don't talk to other players about the sentences/pictures you got. If somebody tells you anything about a chain you haven't seen yet, please let me know.
  • I will note in-thread if somebody is behind.
  • If you haven't sent a link in within 48 hours (but not the full 72), I might send you a prod (might if I remember). Other actions may be taken if you're inactive for the full round.
  • Please use 1 PM conversation for this game, otherwise my PM cannot hold a new conversation for every turn and/or thoughts on the game.
  • If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or by PM!

Lets have a good game, if you feel you'd like to help out but don't want to commit to a full game, just PM me to let me know, It's likely players will not be able to meet deadlines at certain points, and it would be useful to have posters not involved in the game to help fill in.

Also if you can comment in the thread so you get notifications. If you have any restrictions on time post in in the thread so we don't start before anyone is ready. Thoughts on when you'd like to start are appreciated.

First. ;)

If I cannot access the forum during the next few days, I might just hand the sentence to you on a piece of paper during the con, ok? :P

well maybe. I'm likely to loose that. either send me a text with it or e-mail. hiDDingpebble at googlemail dot com

I have decided that all bonus chains will be themed. (at least for now)

the theme is things that have happened involving Pebble or things Pebble thinks will happen in the future. I'll let you work out which ones have happened at some point in my life - or which one's I'm predicting.

Is this still a thing?

:P

Yeah, but Pebbles has been at LonCon. We start tomorrow, if all is well:

Round 1 - Starting sentences. You have until Tuesday 19th August 10am to sign up and send me your starting sentences. Remember to entitle you PM "Pictionary - Your Display name" Failure to follow this simple instruction will result in evilness from Pebble and could lead to you not being included in the game or sent the wrong stuff.

We only have 6 people signed up. gonna delay the start and see if we get some new people. I will start the game with 9 people or whatever we have on friday.

there is NO MAXIMUM limit. so you can sign up ANYTIME until play starts.

Leap I have your sentance.

Bonus chains are available for you while you wait.

Archived