Season 5 plot theories

uff

According to the casting news this could be the Plot of Season 5 imho...

At the Wall

Dealing with the wildling. Birth of new leaders (one for the Thenn, one for the ones heading harddome, one for the ones that will pass the Wall later on…). Chaos during the aftermath of Stannis with Varamyr presentation and death.

Stannis offers to legitimize Jon and make him Lord of Winterfell in exchange for his support nut Jon decides to decline Stannis's offer. Before he can inform Stannis, Jon is chosen by the Night's Watch, via Sam help, as its new Lord Commander. Janos Slynt refusal and death.

Jon sends Tormund, to make a truce with the leaders of the surviving wildlings, whom Jon allows into Westeros despite objection, and forces them to reinforce the Wall against the Others. Melisandre hides Mance identitity and sends him to Winterfell. She tells Jon repeatedly that he has enemies in the Watch. Discussion with the leader of the “daggers in the dark” (March/Thorne). Last scene with the entrance of Giants and Mammoths through the Wall.

Beyond the Wall

Three-eyed trains Bran in greensight. Using this ability, Bran sees memories of his father Ned Stark at Winterfell's godswood in the past, and communicates with Theon Greyjoy at the godswood in the present. Maybe further investigation on the past(Tower of Joy) and present (through the crows of Bryndon Rivers) depicting the Kingsmot of Yara/Asha and Euron; and future (Jon stabbing). Connection (something similar to what the wolfs do when they see their original pack)wolfdreamwith Sansa (without her acknowledgement) and maybe Rickon. Beginning of a Love Story with Meyra Reeds. Last scene with Theon recovering his identity (showing him his past in winterfell).

In the North

Stannis deals with Jon. Then he sends Davos to the Umber and they in turn send him to find Rickon. Stannis recruiting of the Northmen. Deepmoth and capture of Yara. Last scene at the lake thee days from Winterfell.

Davos last scene on a ship to Skagos.

In winterfell we have a simplified version of the “North remember scheme” (Umbers double playing… the audience already knows they sent Davos on a quest to Rickon). Boltons trapped by winter. FArya replaced by Alys Karstark as the last living representor of the Stak. Last scene with the escape via Mance, Theon and the Umbers..

Riverlands/Vale

Brienne continues her search for Arya. In the same aerea the future High Sparrow saves the hound. Presentation of the character and the militant faith. Joining of Lancel Lannister. Arrival in King’s Landing.

Brienne’s Entrance to the Vale. Connection with Sansa. Scene with Littlefinger echoing the one with the Hound. Sansa remains with Littlefinger. Imprisonment by Littlefonger that doesn’t want any spread of the fact that Sansa is in the Vale. Brienne escape by the Brotherhood without banners. Scene with Lady Stoneheart or her replacement.

Last scene with Jamie as in the books.

King's Landing

Tywin funeral. Kevan remains in the small council to work with Pycell to overthrone Cercei.

Cersei’s reign. Sexposition and corruption. Dream reminding her the prophecy. Unrest with the Tyrell. She sends Jaime to Dorne to get back Myrcella. In the meanwhile she restores the militant faith to get some cash. At the news of the assault of the Reach she sends Loras there (or to Dragonston as in the books).

Jamie comes back. Confrontation. Jamie leaves for the Riverlands. Kevan and Pycell conspire together.

A scheme to have the Faith put Margaery on trial for adultery backfires when the religious leadership imprisons Cersei herself on similar (correct) charges.

Imprisonment. Letter to Jamie. Walk of Shame. Last scene with Cersei dressed as the Faith wants while she speaks with Tommen.

Tyrion

Tyrion Lannister is smuggled to Pentos by Varys, where he is sheltered by Magister Illyrio. Meeting with Aegon (replaced by Gendry if the writers get crazy).After traveling with Aegon across Essos, Tyrion is kidnapped by Jorah Mormont, who intends to deliver him toDaenerys. Tyrion, and Jorah are shipwrecked and sold by slavers to a Yunkish merchant. At Meereen, they go straight to the pit. Last scene there while Daenerys flies with Drogon.

Daenerys

Daenerys marries the noble Hizdahr zo Loraq, despite her sexual relationship with the mercenary Daario Naharis, to stop a series of murders and avert a planned attack by Yunkai and Volantis. Despite the plague-infected refugees outside, the fighting pits are opened shortly after the wedding, at Hizdahr's insistence, and interrupted by Drogon. 200 people are trampled in the resulting panic or killed by the dragon; whereupon Daenerys climbs on Drogon to calm him, who flies to his lair with Daenerys still on him.

Dorne

In Dorne, Doran Martell is confronted by three of his brother Oberyn's bastard daughters, who want vengeance for their father's death.

Jamie arrives. Lovestory Myrcella/Trystane. Jamie leaves. Queensmaking plot. Doran revelations.

Samwell

After conspiring to elect Jon, he is sent to the Citadel (via Braavos) in order to become a Maester. Sam is accompanied by aging Maester Aemon, the wildling mother Gilly, her newborn babe, and sworn brother Dareon. The voyage across the Narrow Sea is underway before Sam realizes Jon swapped the sons of Gilly and Mance Rayder, to protect the Wildling "prince" from sacrifice by the priestess Melisandre. Aemon becomes sick and the party wait in Braavos for his health to improve. After a Summer Islander tells Aemon about the Targaryen dragons, Aemon decides that Daenerys has come to fulfill a prophecy; but dies shortly after they leave Braavos. Finale scene with Master Aemon.

Arya

Arriving in Braavos, Arya Stark finds her way to the House of Black and White, a temple associated with the assassins known as the Faceless Men. As a novice there, Arya attempts to master their belief that Faceless Men have no true identity by throwing all her treasures into the water (except her sword, Needle) and posing as a girl called "Cat of the Canals". Her former identity asserts itself in the form of wolf dreams, and also when she kills Dareon, sworn brother of Samwell Tarly, for abandoning the Night's Watch. Extra scenes with Sam. Having confessed this death, she is given a glass of warm milk as punishment (?). She wakes up the following morning blind. While blind, she discovers her ability to telepathically perceive objects seen by cats. Last scene with her changing the face in the ugly little girl.

Sum up

Time shift compared to the books covering both the books but ending season 5 before Jon death(?); before the pink letter then; before Aegon (or his replacement) arrival on Westeros; before Sam arrival in the Citadel; before Arya assassination of the merchant; before Kevan/Pycell assassination; before Barristan acting as Hand of the Queen; before reappearance of Daenerys and the Dothraki; before Tyrion enters the mercenaries. The classical episode 9 finale could be the Meeren Pit, while the real ending would be the Walk of Shame of Cersei.

Most of the time on screen will be for Cersei, then Jamie and Dornish Story.

No Arianne (at least not active, she could appear in season 6). Her role replaced by the Sandsnakes.

No fArya. Her role replaced by Alys Karstark (no wedding with the Thenn at the Wall then).

Not yet: No Citadel. No Pate. No Archmaster.

Not yet Aegon (or his replacement) conquest of the Stormlands.

No Victarion. Euron shown briefly in a simplified kingsmot without Damphair as a real character.

No Wyman Manderly. His role taken by the Umbers. Gratjon Umber prisoner of the Freys as a key for their double playing behaviour.

Tyrion will have most of the screentime.

Why would LF Imprison Brienne instead of employing her as a knight for Sansas protection?

how will BwB enter vale when even armies fail? how will they defeat vale armies?

When Brienne knows Sansa is safe at the vale, why would she leave her?

I was just trying to imagine what D&D will invent for Brienne...

I was just trying to imagine what D&D will invent for Brienne...

How about turning Brienne into Lady Stoneheart? Michelle Fairley hasn't been re-cast, as yet. It's typical of what D&D can do. There's no need to use 'magic' either, just a simple transference of plot is all they do. No news on Richard Dormer returning.

All I see is a name change to identify Brienne as an outlaw-knight, if that's even necessary. Perhaps as an off-the-cuff remark when she spurns any suitors.

According to the casting news this could be the Plot of Season 5 imho...

You have nothing about Essos?

The most interesting stories are in the East, Arya's , Tyrion's and Dany's.

I would venture about half the season will be there.

Since the BIG SCENE will be in Meereen and I don't think will be until maybe episode 9 or 10 , tho could come earlier. I think there will be stuff invented for Meereen , but I don't know what.

Its gonna have to be pumped up from the book which seems to spin around in circles in Dance, ok on the page, not ok as visual drama.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have too much happening in a lot of the plot lines what will they do for season 6?

I think most of the Bran plotline will revolve around Blood Raven's history and we'll see something about the tourney of Harrenhall.

We won't see Stannis march for Winterfell he'll spend most of this season building his relationship with Jon. So Theon doesn't escape yet. I'm sure they'll have fake arya.

I think Brienne will leave the Vale to find where Arya might have gone and meet that one knight ( I think he was called the mad mouse or something can't really remember)

I don't think Cersei will be imprisoned until season 6 but I suppose it could happen this season. I don't think she'll have Jamie get Myrcella maybe she sends him there to give them the mountains head instead.

I think Tyrion's arc this season will end with him getting captured by Jorah.

Dorne's arc will probably end with Darkstar attacking Myrcella

I don't think Sam actually gets to Braavos this season. I think you're right about Arya apart from killing the nightswatch guy though.

I'm absolutely certain we'll end up getting Arianne and Victarion.

I think you have too much happening in a lot of the plot lines what will they do for season 6?

I think most of the Bran plotline will revolve around Blood Raven's history and we'll see something about the tourney of Harrenhall.

We won't see Stannis march for Winterfell he'll spend most of this season building his relationship with Jon. So Theon doesn't escape yet. I'm sure they'll have fake arya.

I think Brienne will leave the Vale to find where Arya might have gone and meet that one knight ( I think he was called the mad mouse or something can't really remember)

I don't think Cersei will be imprisoned until season 6 but I suppose it could happen this season. I don't think she'll have Jamie get Myrcella maybe she sends him there to give them the mountains head instead.

I think Tyrion's arc this season will end with him getting captured by Jorah.

Dorne's arc will probably end with Darkstar attacking Myrcella

I don't think Sam actually gets to Braavos this season. I think you're right about Arya apart from killing the nightswatch guy though.

I'm absolutely certain we'll end up getting Arianne and Victarion.

I think we'll get some info on Bloodraven. Probably a history course on the Blackfyres (to give context to FAegon... if he's not cut), but most of his story will be about the Children of the Forest and flashbacks to other characters/talking to Theon.

Everything else I feel you're ending too quickly. They want to get as much out of the way this season as they can, so Tyrion has to be in the pit either just before or possibly right when Drogon shows up (probably ep. 9), which will be the end of Dany's story, and Tyrion escapes slavery ep. 10.

As for Dorne, I feel like it has to end with Doran sending the Sand Snakes off on their respective missions, which is the reason behind casting those three rather than Arianne for this season.

And Theon has to escape this season. What else are they going to end it with? Him meeting the hooded man? I think they might even have the battle for Winterfell in this season. Otherwise, they'll have to fit winterfell and meereen battles in next year.

I think we'll get some info on Bloodraven. Probably a history course on the Blackfyres (to give context to FAegon... if he's not cut), but most of his story will be about the Children of the Forest and flashbacks to other characters/talking to Theon.

Everything else I feel you're ending too quickly. They want to get as much out of the way this season as they can, so Tyrion has to be in the pit either just before or possibly right when Drogon shows up (probably ep. 9), which will be the end of Dany's story, and Tyrion escapes slavery ep. 10.

As for Dorne, I feel like it has to end with Doran sending the Sand Snakes off on their respective missions, which is the reason behind casting those three rather than Arianne for this season.

And Theon has to escape this season. What else are they going to end it with? Him meeting the hooded man? I think they might even have the battle for Winterfell in this season. Otherwise, they'll have to fit winterfell and meereen battles in next year.

What will they do for next season if they do all that though? That's pretty much everything from the books isn't it?

I also still think we'll get Arianne and Aegon, I don't see how they can do the story without them. I figure they just haven't cast them yet or they chose to not announce the castings to keep spoilers from the show only crowd (though this really only makes sense with Aegon)

What will they do for next season if they do all that though? That's pretty much everything from the books isn't it?

I also still think we'll get Arianne and Aegon, I don't see how they can do the story without them. I figure they just haven't cast them yet or they chose to not announce the castings to keep spoilers from the show only crowd (though this really only makes sense with Aegon)

Well, they want to keep the series to 7 or 8 seasons, so they would do Winds of Winter in season 6. They have to get as much of Feast/Dance out of the way as possible this season, especially since Bran and Sansa are essentially caught up with their story lines

Well, they want to keep the series to 7 or 8 seasons, so they would do Winds of Winter in season 6. They have to get as much of Feast/Dance out of the way as possible this season, especially since Bran and Sansa are essentially caught up with their story lines

I think if they try to do Winds of Winter for season 6 they'll definitely pass the books, so I think they'll try and get to winds in the 7th season.

My theory is that they will not have Dany fly off with Drogon in the fighting pits scene. They will have her tame Drogon there and she'll be in charge during the battle of Meeren. Her vision quest thingy at the end of ADWD is all internal and almost impossible to convey visually. So they will skip it. Dany being in charge of the battle and involved during the fighting scene will also make her more likable to viewers who apparently just want to watch characters "kick ass".

They are going with seven seasons.

This season is supposed to finish ASOS and adapt AFFC/ADWD, and get into some WOW. 6th season would be just WOW and 7th and final one, Dream of Spring

Also, Arianne is cut. And if she is not, she isn't Doran's heir, which would make her a completely new character named Arianne.

HBO already confirmed Trystane is Doran's heir, so Arianne won't get cast.

ETA: Euron is confirmed to be Theon's only uncle. But I'm not sure he'll even be in the show.

They are going with seven seasons.

This season is supposed to finish ASOS and adapt AFFC/ADWD, and get into some WOW. 6th season would be just WOW and 7th and final one, Dream of Spring

Also, Arianne is cut. And if she is not, she isn't Doran's heir, which would make her a completely new character named Arianne.

HBO already confirmed Trystane is Doran's heir, so Arianne won't get cast.

ETA: Euron is confirmed to be Theon's only uncle. But I'm not sure he'll even be in the show.

Has all of that been confirmed? I don't feel like those changes make much sense.

The starting point of my ideas about the season 5 is that whatever line HBO show cuts in book 4 and 5, then they will have to cut also on the (hypothetical) book 6 and 7. I say that just to indicate that, in my view, THEY CAN NOT ARRIVE TO THE END OF THE ADWD! At lesat, not for all the characters. I am quite sure they will arrive to the walk of shame of Cersei but I'm not even sure that they will cover the Epilogue with Varys killing Kevan and Pycelle (it works better as a starting point of season 6). So, on a avarage level I am quite confident they will keep at least one third (roughly) of ADWD for Season 6.

I mean season 4 was nice, but except for Bran, Sansa and Brienne, it was mostly covering the last third of ASOS, so I don't see them increasing so much the speed!

It is true that they might cut entire sub-stories like Arianne, Aegon, Euron, Victario, UnCat, the Citadel, Quentin, The Tattered Prince and others.

Let's go one by one.

Arianne: her role in the queenmaking plot will be taken by the sand snakes. If she is important she might appear in in season 6 as the wise daughter of Doran.

Aegon: This is the most tricky one! If they cut it, Varys will look like an idiot. Unless D&D change him in a peace seeker against chaos (but then how could he kill pycelle?) Aegon must remain. Even off-screen and without interaction with Tyrion. But somehow it must remain.

Euron: His role in the story is to attack westeros. Since many battles were already off-screen (the most important was the whispering wood and nobody complained) this stuff can remain off-screen as well.

Victarion: I'm quite sure his role is to make possible Tyrion steals a dragon. But D&D can easily arrange that without Victarion. Anyway he can be off-screen till season 6.

UnCat: Who knows what is her role? If it is only to make Brienne causing Jamie's death D&D can arrange it differently. Else, she must remain somehow. Again if they keep Brienn wandering in the woods (Jamie apparently will be in Dorne in Season 5), this can be arranged in season 6.

The tattered prince and all the convolute sellswords: CUT (luckily!)

I also guess GRRM told the readers the sory of Edric Storm for a reason. In this case his role will be taken by TV Gendry (playing a completely different role compared to the books).

Last: I will be sure about the 7 seasons only when I will see that! The story that 8 seasons would be too expensive for prolonging contract doesn't really make sense. I have the feeling most of the characters coming from season 1 will be dead before an hypothetical season 8 (adapting the end of book 7).

Archived