Season 5 plot theories

uff

The only problem I have with Trystane actually being Aegon is that it leaves Doran with no heir at all. For a master planner, that seems kinda dumb.

If they were going down that route they could have just dropped a sand snake and cast Arianne instead. Although it would be kinda weird for Arianne to marry her "brother" ( well we don't know whats happening in TWOW, but looks likely )

The only problem I have with Trystane actually being Aegon is that it leaves Doran with no heir at all. For a master planner, that seems kinda dumb.

If they were going down that route they could have just dropped a sand snake and cast Arianne instead. Although it would be kinda weird for Arianne to marry her "brother" ( well we don't know whats happening in TWOW, but looks likely )

Doran is hardly a master planner, pretty much all his plans have gone to shit so far.

I see your point but perhaps show Doran's sole objective is to see the Lannister's usurped and the Targaryen's back. It doesn't really make sense on the broader scheme of things but as far as show canon goes it just about makes sense.

FTrystaneFAegon might legitimize one of the Sand Snakes.

I do not think it is likely about Trystane taking over Aegon role, but if that happen, there are certainly possibilities how to rework book material to fit with such change. It would be probably more easy then cut Aegon part entirely. They could for example have Trystane being paranoid about his position as Dorne heir, because he discover Doran´s plan for legitimizing Sand Snakes and making Obara the heir. He will not know real reason for that, so he will get upset about it similary to how Arianne was in the books. That and his desire to finally marry Myrcella will serve him as his motivation for Qeenmaker. So there we would get reworked book material, and Dornish succession rules and Qeenmaker plot would remain intact. Doran and Varys plans would also look better then if Aegon part is cut completely. Doran lack of real heirs can be explained with his love for his nieces, which would be pretty touching contrast with how his nieces despise him for his presumed weakness. Or writers can get lazy and simply make him infertile.

But it would require fairly detailed potrayal of Dorne with good amount of screentime. Also Trystane as Aegon can not attack Westeros same way as Aegon. There is no reason why he should attack Storm´s End first. More importantly it also prevent Nymeria to go on her "diplomatic" mission in KL, if at that time Dorne and Lannisters/Tyrells are in open war. And since she was cast i expect that mission will remain in the show (and hopenfully bit spiced up with her taking over Teana role...).

More importantly it also prevent Nymeria to go on her "diplomatic" mission in KL, if at that time Dorne and Lannisters/Tyrells are in open war. And since she was cast i expect that mission will remain in the show (and hopenfully bit spiced up with her taking over Teana role...).

I'm mostly back to believing that the show will cast Aegon, possibly introducing him in season 6. If they're bringing Kevan back this season even though it would be easy to work around him, they're doing their darndest to hew closely to the books.

Isn't the timeline wrong for Nymeria to serve as Taena? I hope the show runners skip Taena, if they put her in they'll get a ton of flak for it.

I do not think it is likely about Trystane taking over Aegon role, but if that happen, there are certainly possibilities how to rework book material to fit with such change. It would be probably more easy then cut Aegon part entirely. They could for example have Trystane being paranoid about his position as Dorne heir, because he discover Doran´s plan for legitimizing Sand Snakes and making Obara the heir. He will not know real reason for that, so he will get upset about it similary to how Arianne was in the books. That and his desire to finally marry Myrcella will serve him as his motivation for Qeenmaker. So there we would get reworked book material, and Dornish succession rules and Qeenmaker plot would remain intact. Doran and Varys plans would also look better then if Aegon part is cut completely. Doran lack of real heirs can be explained with his love for his nieces, which would be pretty touching contrast with how his nieces despise him for his presumed weakness. Or writers can get lazy and simply make him infertile.

But it would require fairly detailed potrayal of Dorne with good amount of screentime. Also Trystane as Aegon can not attack Westeros same way as Aegon. There is no reason why he should attack Storm´s End first. More importantly it also prevent Nymeria to go on her "diplomatic" mission in KL, if at that time Dorne and Lannisters/Tyrells are in open war. And since she was cast i expect that mission will remain in the show (and hopenfully bit spiced up with her taking over Teana role...).

This is one of the best ideas I've heard. Cheers!

However I don't believe the show runners are that intelligent. They will make Trystane-Myrcella all about 'twu wuv', and copy the plot from one of the vampire series ( twilight/true blood/etc. )

Isn't the timeline wrong for Nymeria to serve as Taena? I hope the show runners skip Taena, if they put her in they'll get a ton of flak for it.

Since it is more about Cersei character then about plot, i think it can be easily delayed (assuming Cersie will survive her trial). I can also see why they would be reluctant to include Teana stuff, but with Nymeria it would felt less as nudity for sake of nudity (not to mention they could leave them clothed as they did with Doreah/Dany scene). It would be part of Dornish revenge plot, which very well might culminate in TWOW/season 6. So i feel giving this stuff to Nymeria for season 6 is ideal timing.

Michelle Fairley is in Resurrection atm, so she wasn't available for Season 4, where almost every book-reader was waiting for her appearance. I think that, by the way the show has done a bit of shuffling of the major occurrences (the Red Wedding and Lysa's death felt so much closer in the books than they appeared in the show), LS might not make any sort of appearance until the last few eps of Season 5? Just by going by Brienne's journey, there still seems to be a bit more for her to do until she meets LS.

As for the Quentyn/Aegon mix up into Trystane, it might work? Because wasn't Rhaenys said to have her mother's Dornish look? So wouldn't Aegon look Dornish too? At first I was against that theory, but it makes a bit of sense. If Quentyn was in Meereen I think it would be too much going on in that part of Essos, especially if Dany still needs to show a big development with Daario, still needs to get married etc.

:eek:

Michelle Fairley is in Resurrection atm, so she wasn't available for Season 4, where almost every book-reader was waiting for her appearance.

Fairley's not being in Season 4 had nothing to do with Resurrection, which she only filmed recently. Besides which, they knew about Stonehert when they began planning the show; if they wanted to include her, they would have made contractual provision for it when they cast the actress to play Catelyn.

Archived