What does Bran know?

I was re-reading the "Mercy" chapter and this paragraph got me thinking....

"Except in dreams. She took a breath to quiet the howling in her heart, trying to remember more of what she’d dreamt, but most of it had gone already. There had been blood in it, though, and a full moon overhead, and a tree that watched her as she ran."

...a tree that watched her as she ran.

Is this Bran watching her?

Does he know that she is inside Nymeria?

What else can we sepculate on Bran now knowing?

Eventually, Bran will know all, even more than Bloodraven, because he'll "see" it. I can't remember if Bloodraven explicitly states it or not but I believe the Winged Wolf be even more powerful than the Three-Eyed Crow and Bloodraven knows this. It's why Bran is so important and why Bloodraven has done so much to stay alive long enough to start Bran on the path he must follow in order to win the upcoming Battle for the Dawn.

I think this period when Bran is off-page is definitely him learning the things he should learn in the 5 year gap to become the major greenseer we'll see in the next novel (I hope). So, about the things he doesn't know... I really don't know. He may be watching even Daenerys in the dothraki sea for all we know.

Bran is trying to contact Arya.

I think this is correct--Bran is trying to contact Arya, just as he has tried to contact all of his family.

I think he was the one Ned heard in the Godswoods.

I think he inspired Sansa to build Winterfell in The Eyrie's Godswood.

We know from the text that he had easy contact with Rickon through Shaggydog--and there is no reason to believe that that contact has been broken (we may even learn some aspects of Rickon's journey through a Bran POV rather than a Davos POV).

And we know that Bran has directly spoken with Jon through their direwolves .

So yeah, Bran is textin' Arya through the world wide weirwood network...

If I recall Clash properly, there was a point when Jon is telepathically (for lack of a better word) contacted by Bran, and has his latent warg powers a bit accelerated. Admittedly they were much physically closer and Jon was in more of an Old God friendly area, but it stands to reason with Bran's increase in power he could be reaching Arya from that far away. Good find, OP.

I think this is correct--Bran is trying to contact Arya, just as he has tried to contact all of his family.

I think he was the one Ned heard in the Godswoods.

I think he inspired Sansa to build Winterfell in The Eyrie's Godswood.

We know from the text that he had easy contact with Rickon through Shaggydog--and there is no reason to believe that that contact has been broken (we may even learn some aspects of Rickon's journey through a Bran POV rather than a Davos POV).

And we know that Bran has directly spoken with Jon through their direwolves .

So yeah, Bran is textin' Arya through the world wide weirwood network...

There are no weirwoods in the Eyrie's 'Godswood.' Other than that, pretty much yeah. I also think Bran has taken over BR's role as Mormont's raven around halfway through ADWD.

I should hope that Bran has jumped WAY ahead in his learnings by the time we next see him in TWOW. There is just too much going on for that jump to NOT have happened off page. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Bran only has a couple of POVs in the next book, just so Martin can play his cards close to his vest and avoid Bran giving anything away via internal thoughts that Martin isn't ready to reveal yet.

Archived