What do you think of this map?

Royce da Bronze Yohn

The North is the only region with significant information--and even so there is plenty of speculation. In many regions there are bannermen with unnamed strongholds that would render maps obsolete. With that said, I couldn't contain myself and made maps for Dorne just for fun, even though I know I'm missing houses.

Dorne

The North is the only region with significant information--and even so there is plenty of speculation. In many regions there are bannermen with unnamed strongholds that would render maps obsolete. With that said, I couldn't contain myself and made maps for Dorne just for fun, even though I know I'm missing houses.

Dorne

I like it, but a map the riverlands (with a resonable amount of knowledge available), is what I was hoping for.

I understand though that regions such as the Reach, Stormlands and the Crownlands don't have enough infomation.

really cool map man. It really is nice to see the lands of the Stark Bannerman. Especially since Bolton is pretty much surrounded by those who hate him haha and the Karstarks are in an even worse position. It also just shows how MASSIVE the north is haha some of these bannerman have more land than others in other regions put together

I like it, but a map the riverlands (with a resonable amount of knowledge available), is what I was hoping for.

I understand though that regions such as the Reach, Stormlands and the Crownlands don't have enough infomation.

Not even the Riverlands are possible. Where is Raventree Hall? Stone Hedge? Atranta?

Some points:

-I think the entire Gift belongs to the NW, even the Northern Mountains in the New Gift.

-There are the Wolfswood clans that Lady Glover sends out to help Stannis, and the clans are sworn to Deepwood Motte, indicating that large parts of the Wolfswood are Glover lands.

-Since Tallharts defended the Stony Shore from Theon, the Stony Shore is probably Tallhart lands. So the lakes north of the Rills are also Tallhart lands.

-Geography indicates Sea Dragon Point as Glover.

-House Woolfield controls the Sheepshead Hills and Ramsgate, and the Woolfields are sworn to House Manderly. So make Manderly lands larger by giving the Manderlys the lands around Ramsgate (the lands immediately east of it, which you gave to the Flints) and the Sheapshead Hills (which you gave to the Boltons)

-The Reeds control just the Neck it seems, so give the forest immediately west of the Neck to the Flints.

Great map. Better than the one I did a couple of years ago.

One point of correction. Manderly indicates to Davos that his control of lands starts at the White Knife. This also tied into the description from Ned and Robert's journey down the Kingsroad in Book 1, which describes the Barrowlands as stretching as far as the eye can see in all directions.

So it would seem that House Dustin's territory should stretch closer to the White Knife, while Manderly's territory should more or less be limited to east of the White Knife.

Isn't the entire Gift the Watch's? Including the mountains?

I left off part of the gift because according to this map the region is incredibly mountainous and while in name it may belong to the Watch I feel as though it is probably under the de facto control of mountain clans. But I'm not really opposed to changing it.

-There are the Wolfswood clans that Lady Glover sends out to help Stannis, and the clans are sworn to Deepwood Motte, indicating that large parts of the Wolfswood are Glover lands.

My first version gave Deepwood Motte much more Wolfswood territory, but it left the Stark lands relatively small. If the Glovers on raise ~1,000 men then I feel as though they should have small lands compared to the Starks who raise several times that many.

-Since Tallharts defended the Stony Shore from Theon, the Stony Shore is probably Tallhart lands. So the lakes north of the Rills are also Tallhart lands.

-Geography indicates Sea Dragon Point as Glover.

Yes the Tallharts defend the Stony Shore, but in ADWD we learn the villagers from the Stony Shore fled to Deepwood Motte, indicating no one true overlord. Geography might indicate Sea Dragon point but there is zero other information. I left these two territories blank because we know they are sparsely populated and because we don't truly know who owns them. I have no problem changing that though.

-House Woolfield controls the Sheepshead Hills and Ramsgate, and the Woolfields are sworn to House Manderly. So make Manderly lands larger by giving the Manderlys the lands around Ramsgate (the lands immediately east of it, which you gave to the Flints) and the Sheapshead Hills (which you gave to the Boltons)

We only have speculation as to nature of the Woolfield estates and while either the Sheepshead Hills or Ramsgate may seem likely holdings, I would point out how far away the two places are from each other, meaning it is unlikely that a minor house holds contiguous land encompassing both. Which one do they hold? No one knows and therefore I don't think this warrants a change.

-The Reeds control just the Neck it seems, so give the forest immediately west of the Neck to the Flints.

You're probably right about this I'll change it.

One point of correction. Manderly indicates to Davos that his control of lands starts at the White Knife. This also tied into the description from Ned and Robert's journey down the Kingsroad in Book 1, which describes the Barrowlands as stretching as far as the eye can see in all directions.

So it would seem that House Dustin's territory should stretch closer to the White Knife, while Manderly's territory should more or less be limited to east of the White Knife.

I missed that tidbit. I'll change it.

Thanks for the feedback people. Hopefully AWOIAF and/or TWOW will allow me to make better maps of other regions.

1. It does seem like the western Gift is under the de facto rule of the mountain clans.

2. Still, there are many people in the Wolfswood sworn to House Glover, so give the Glovers at least a third of the Wolfswood.

Actually, I think your estimations of Glover lands are perfectly reasonable. It's the Wolfswood after all not the Fistswood.

3. The Stony Shore is geographically either Ryswell, Glover, or Tallhart. Since it's very probably not Ryswell, it's either Glover or Tallhart. There's no real evidence for either side: you could argue that it's Glover since the villagers of the SS fled to Deepwood Motte, and the Tallharts defended it only because Asha had already conquered Deepwood. Or you could argue it's Tallhart because the Tallharts defended it, and the villagers went to Deepwood because Dagmer Cleftjaw was still holding Torrhen's Square. Actually, I would just leave it empty like you did.

3. Sea Dragon Point is probably Glover. Asha holds SDP and since Asha was the person in charge of conquering the Glover lands, it seems to me that SDP is Glover. Also, there are no other candidates, really.

4. Ramsgate is sworn to House Manderly, says the wiki. So House Woolfield probably controls Ramsgate and its surroundings, but not the Sheepshead Hills, since Lord Woolfield is a petty lord, as you said. Still, the Woolfields should have the lands immediately east of Ramsgate, which you gave to the Flints of WW.

5. Nice work. Better than the last one. :)

Archived