Mad Theory about Howland and Arthur.

So, what if during mortal combat undet Tower of Joy, Howland Reed died but in the last moment, using his advanced, death enhanced warg mojo he jumped into Arthur Dayne and took control of his body? Therefore biological Howland would die, but his soul would survive in Dayne's body. That would explain why all this years he did not leave Greywater Watch - many nobles would easily recognize Dayne who was famous knight just few years ago (and also totally not-crannog-look-like). That's how he saved Ned's life, but also that's why Ned never told any details about Dayne's demise and Reed's crucial help.

What d'ya think about it?

So, what if during mortal combat undet Tower of Joy, Howland Reed died but in the last moment, using his advanced, death enhanced warg mojo he jumped into Arthur Dayne and took control of his body? Therefore biological Howland would die, but his soul would survive in Dayne's body. That would explain why all this years he did not leave Greywater Watch - many nobles would easily recognize Dayne who was famous knight just few years ago (and also totally not-crannog-look-like). That's how he saved Ned's life, but also that's why Ned never told any details about Dayne's demise and Reed's crucial help.

What d'ya think about it?

It's more probable they had a sexual/love affair going on, than this.

It's more probable they had a sexual/love affair going on, than this.

Well there's this theory than Reed's wife is in fact Ashara Dayne.

Absolutely worth considering. HR could also have warged AD to incapacitate him to protect Ned.

Yeah, I know this one, that's why I made one step further.

It is a mad theory. What evidence is there that HR is a warg? Warging a person is suppose to be incredibly hard, the only reason Bran can warg Hodor is because Bran is maybe the most powerful warg ever, and because Hodor is a simpleton. There is no evidence that HR was a warg, let alone a super powerful one. Maybe he was a green seerer like Jojen, but wargs were not all that common.

I am a firm believer that Ashara is Jyana Reed.

Me as well, but it doesn't have anything to do with this theory.

You people have so much imagination, why don't you write your own books instead of writing down trolling crackpot theories out of boredom? I'm so saddened by the, cause I'm sure you could write very interesting stuff with this ability you have.

It is a mad theory. What evidence is there that HR is a warg? Warging a person is suppose to be incredibly hard, the only reason Bran can warg Hodor is because Bran is maybe the most powerful warg ever, and because Hodor is a simpleton. There is no evidence that HR was a warg, let alone a super powerful one. Maybe he was a green seerer like Jojen, but wargs were not all that common.

Maybe Ned warged Arthur after getting coached by his greenseer BFF. Sounds familiar.

So if HR is actually Dayne... I thought Ned killed Dayne & returned Dawn to his sister? So HR warged the guy, a very large & strong guy at that, & just kinda was like "damn this is a sweet sword! Lets give it back to his, uhm... my sister!"

Nah. It seems waaaaaaay crackpotish. Hell, I believe HR + AD = JJ & M more than this

Me as well, but it doesn't have anything to do with this theory.

You people have so much imagination, why don't you write your own books instead of writing down trolling crackpot theories out of boredom? I'm so saddened by the, cause I'm sure you could write very interesting stuff with this ability you have.

I was simply responding to another posters comment.

So if HR is actually Dayne... I thought Ned killed Dayne & returned Dawn to his sister? So HR warged the guy, a very large & strong guy at that, & just kinda was like "damn this is a sweet sword! Lets give it back to his, uhm... my sister!"

Nah. It seems waaaaaaay crackpotish. Hell, I believe HR + AD = JJ & M more than this

That's actually a pretty good/ theory thats not all that crackpot.

Because of lack of style and OCD.

How on earth did Howland warg a perfectly sane person? Varamyr tried, and we know how that tuned out.

Also, no evidence other than 'wouldn't it be cool if...'

Blah, those bloody Andals counts as half-men in terms of warging.

Well you know if he decided to remain Howland Reed and return to crannogs rather than pose as Arthur Dayne it was fair thing to do. Ok, so we killed and mindfucked poor SOB, but does it means we should steal from him?

Archived