( Books 1-5 SPOILERS) As Bran's abilities grow, Will He Be able to save Jon?

Cold Feet

I think your right in that Bran has influenced the past through the WWW

But the changes Bran will make in book 6-7 have already been incorporated into the story

ie the time line we are seeing includes Bran's nudges, there will be no magical saving of Ned, Rob or Winterfell, no revision of Jon's stabbing

We are where we are, but going forward we will probably find Bran observing and even nudging events such as Arya entering the HoBAW

We will also see him intervening directly in events like Theon's WoW chapter

But we are where we are because that's where we need to be

it looks like to me bran will be semi-god in some way access to infinitive knowlage but because of his age there will be limits and limits about understanding information.About in the end he will be alive ,I really like to end book like bran tell,ng story about events after years years later .....

^instead of telling stories years and years later it's bran searching through the weirnet for signs of life at all. story ends in a wolf dream with summer, who finds shaggydog, nymeria and ghost by the heart tree in winterfell

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think Bran will have a huge influence on the rest of the story if he does not wake Jon up he may lend a hand in doing so. If he could communicate with Uncat that the kids are alive and Jon needs her help she may regain some of her humanity and resurect Jon. I could see Mel doing it too on purpose or by accident ( trying to wake Stannis...even if he is not dead). I think we will see tons of the past and places we couldn't see because of Bran. With the Weirnet GRRM can portray more of a Omniscient view via Bran. Although I do think we will be able to find lots of history and see things that we have not been able to see because of Bran. He seems really tied to Jon more so than any other character. I wonder who else he will interact with?

I don't believe Bran can change the past. As others have noted, I think the COK chapter is Bran communicating in real time from the crypts. Allowing Bran to communicate with the past is just such a massive, MASSIVE plot hole that would be the curse of the books and nearly impossible to explain to readers. Why not go back and warn of the very first Others invasion, and everything in between? No, GRRM won't go down that path.

Now, his abilities might be strong enough for people to hear him whisper, as Theon did, and that can be acceptable and elaborated on, but not in the past. I made a thread that I went on to theorise that Bran will communicate with Jon in more depth when he wargs into Ghost after his assassination. Far too much foreshadowing for Jon not to die and warg into Ghost to be resurrected. As Ghost he will see his own dead body and be convinced he is a warg and far easier to accept that Bran is actually communicating with him from North of the wall. I believe Bran will find it a lot easier to communicate through animals, just as its far easier to warg into animals than humans.

Bran is only just beginning to understand his powers and has already demonstrated he can communicate with Ghost. Jon didn't just have that dream, it was far too specific. Far different to his dream about wights climbing the wall. Far more specific than any other "dream" that wasn't warging.

Bran will be a very important part of the next two books. Now please feel free to correct me here, but didn't GRRM say somewhere that Bran won't have any POVs in TWOW? That leads me to believe that he'll play a significant role in communicating with Jon in his POVs and maybe even Arya's. If it turns out that I read all Bran's chapters only to have him not play a very significant role in TWOW during the big invasion of the Others, I may just go into a blind rage, seek out GRRM and give him the tickler treatment.

Edit: I did some Googling and confused the "no Bran POVs" with the news Bran won't be in Season 5 of the show. My mistake. Still, I think my other points will come to fruition

Archived