Small Questions v.10087

Jon Weirgaryen

Small Questions threads of the past:

A Thread for Small Questions 08-02-09 (ISO8601 thread start YY-MM-DD)

A Thread for Small Questions II 09-12-27

A Thread for Small Questions III 10-05-19

A Thread for Small Questions IV 10-09-01

A Thread for Small Questions V 10-11-22

A Thread for Small Questions VI 11-02-10

A Thread for Small Questions VII 11-04-11

A Thread for Small Questions VIII 11-05-19

A Thread for Small Questions IX 11-06-13

A Thread for Small Questions X 11-07-01

A Thread for Small Questions XI 11-07-28

[ADWD SPOILERS] Small Questions (ADwD I) 11-07-31

Small Questions on ADwD II (ADwD II) 11-08-24

Small Questions XII 11-10-10

A Thread for Small Questions XII 11-10-10

Small Questions for ADwD III (ADwD III) 11-11-11

A Thread for Small Questions XIII 11-12-13

A Thread for Small Questions XIV 12-02-04

Small Questions for ADwD IV (ADwD IV) 12-03-09

A Thread for Small Questions XV 12-03-11

A Thread for Small Questions XVI 12-04-09

A Thread for Small Questions XVII 12-05-01

A Thread for Small Questions XVIII 12-05-29

A Thread for Small Questions XIX 12-06-23

A Thread for Small Questions XX 12-07-15

A Thread for Small Questions XXI 12-08-01

The thread for small questions, version XXI 12-08-01

Thread for Small Questions v. xxii 12-08-14

Again With the Small Questions 12-09-04

More Small Questions, Really? 12-10-12

This Small Question Thing 12-11-06

Small Questions v.10000 (1000 Zero) 13-01-01

Small Questions v.10001 (1000 One) 13-01-20

Small Questions v.10002 (1000 Two) 13-02-01

Small Questions for ADwD, v.V. (ADwD V) 13-02-10 still running

Small Questions v.10003 (1000 Three) 12-02-25

Small Questions v.10004 (1000 Four)

Small Questions v.10005 (1000 Five)

Small Questions v.10006 (1000 Six)

Small Questions v.10007 (1000 Seven)

Small Questions v.10008 (1000 Eight)

Small Questions v.10009 (1000 Nine)

Small Questions v.10010 (100 Ten)

Small Questions v.10011 (100 Eleven)

Small Questions v.10012 (100 Twelve)

{version number jumps one for obscure reasons}

Small Questions v.10014 (100 Fourteen)

Small Questions v.10015 (100 Fifteen)

Small Questions v.10016 (100 Sixteen)

Small Questions v.10017 (100 Seventeen)

Small Questions v.10018 (100 Eightteen)

Small Questions v.10019 (100 Nineteen)

Small Questions v.10020 (100 Twenty)

Small Questions v.10021 (100 Twenty-One)

Small Questions v.10022 (100 Twenty-two)

Small Questions v.10023 (100 Twenty-three)

Small Questions v.10024 (100 Twenty-four)

Small Questions v.10025 (100 Twenty-five)

Small Questions v.10026 (100 Twenty-six)

Small Questions v.10027 (100 Twenty-seven)

{version number jumps 50 for obscure reasons}

Small Questions v.10078 (100 Seventy-eight)

Small Questions v.10079 (100 Seventy-ńine)

Small Questions v.10080 (100 Eighty)

Small Questions v.10081 (100 Eighty-one)

Small Questions v.10082 (100 Eighty-two)

Small Questions v.10083 (100 Eighty-three)

Small Questions v.10084 (100 Eighty-four)

Small Questions v.10085 (100 Eighty-five)

Small Questions v.10086 (100 Eighty-six)

She didn't lie for him but she didn't tell the truth, which might have changed the king's judgment.

She purposely withheld the truth and the butcher's son was killed because of it? Sounds about right. I was trying to remember before I searched for the passage.

She purposely withheld the truth and the butcher's son was killed because of it? Sounds about right. I was trying to remember before I searched for the passage.

No. The butcher's son was already dead by the time this happened. The audience before the Queen is held, then Ned kills.Lady, and the same day he sees Sandor Clegane ride back in, who had been out searching for Arya. He then tosses down the sack with Mycah's body in it, so he was dead before Sansa said anything.

Just checking, from Brienne I in Feast. Brienne has first met the two hedge knights Ser Creighton Longbough and Ser Illifer the Pennilees, then the merchant Hibald and the hedge knight Ser Shadrach the Mad Mouse. They stop to supper and sleep at the inn The Old Stone Bridge. And while they eat...

And so they supped. Brienne tried the goat herself, after following the innkeep up the steps, pressing some coins into his hand, and stashing her goods in the second room he showed her. She ordered goat for Ser Creighton and Ser Illifer as well, since they had shared their trout with her. The hedge knights and the septon washed down the meat with ale, but Brienne drank a cup of goat's milk. She listened to the table talk, hoping against hope that she might hear something that would help her find Sansa.

Do I miss something, or it should have been "the merchant" instead of "the septon"? With Septon Chayle at Castle Black, that would make two mistakes in the books involving a septon!

Definitely a mistake. in AFfC 4 Brienne I septons are swarming all over; and the last one has been away for a while when they eat. It should read merchant, not septon, like you say.

As there are so many sparrows and septons around, GRRM or some editor must have absentmindedly hit the wrong keys.

eta: I just had to check that: the same mistake in the kindle edition.

I can't really remember if I read it in the books, if I heard it from someone else, or if it was just my imagination but I had the notion that it was LF the one who suggested Joffrey to behead Ned Stark. Now like I've said, I don't recall if this was on the books, but it would totally make sense, since LF's plan was to generate more and more caos and hate between the Starks and Lannisters. So my question is if this is ever mentioned in the books or is it just a rumor/theory?

Just for the record, she did lie. Refusing to say anything would qualify as withholding information, saying you don't remember when you do is a lie.

But blaming Sansa rather than Joffrey/Cersei really misses the mark anyway.

I can't really remember if I read it in the books, if I heard it from someone else, or if it was just my imagination but I had the notion that it was LF the one who suggested Joffrey to behead Ned Stark. Now like I've said, I don't recall if this was on the books, but it would totally make sense, since LF's plan was to generate more and more caos and hate between the Starks and Lannisters. So my question is if this is ever mentioned in the books or is it just a rumor/theory?

Its not directly stated in the books, idk if there is any text to support the theory other than LF not being among the people who rushed to try and stop the beheading, and the supposed fact that Joffrey flip flopped on his decision to let him take the black after Cersei got him to agree to it.

It's a very well-supported theory...

http://www.google.com/search?q=Littlefinger+Joffrey+ned+site:asoiaf.westeros.org&client=ms-android-verizon&site=webhp

I think the biggest hints come from a Varys-Tyrion conversation in Clash. Possibly the chapter where he dismisses Janos. Not entirely.sure though

No. The butcher's son was already dead by the time this happened. The audience before the Queen is held, then Ned kills.Lady, and the same day he sees Sandor Clegane ride back in, who had been out searching for Arya. He then tosses down the sack with Mycah's body in it, so he was dead before Sansa said anything.

Sounds about right. He was dead before Sansa said anything. He'd probably be alive if she said something.

I wish we knew for sure that Catelyn would be effectively widowed with Ned in the Night's Watch. I'm pretty sure she would be, which would remove Littlefinger's motivation to have him beheaded.

I wish we knew for sure that Catelyn would be effectively widowed with Ned in the Night's Watch. I'm pretty sure she would be, which would remove Littlefinger's motivation to have him beheaded.

And LF would have thought wow, now I can marry Cat. I think LF is much smarter than to have his feelings for Cat drive him too far. She wasn't the primary motive for his actions, but more of a byproduct. I doubt Cat would have ever remarried or been intimate again whether Ned went to the Wall or was beheaded, and I'm sure LF knows it. She's no Lysa. That's why Lysa was the one falling out of the moon door with the realization of who LF really loved and respected.

I would not think that a woman's whose husband was sentenced to the Night's Watch would be allowed to remary unless the marriage were annulled.

Archived