Sasquan Spokane 2015 Worldcon

I bought my Sasquan membership a week ago. I still don't have confirmation of the membership. Is that normal?

At this time of year, not a huge surprise, Worldcon tends to run people down.

You might want to send a note to the membership email, note time and purchase date and if you have a cc confirmation.

AB

Frisco > Sales person from the Davenport helped us throw our parties in San Antonio last year, and they went to other parties there. Spokane CVB people attended Loncon last month. They have also encountered Biohazard from Seattle and we've explained Barfleet. They are delighted to have our business. We are actually pretty tame compared to a lot of groups that do conventions. Apparently the basketball people are unruly. The convention site is a few blocks from a cluster of universities.

Aoife > We are taking program ideas at http://sasquan.org/program/idea-form/ ; oh, I see someone has already mentioned that. I'm glad you are joining us. I have attended a few conventions over the years without volunteering; felt like I was missing half the con.

Cuellar > Our program director doesn't do "tracks", she just does programming. Send us your ideas. I am pushing for more media programming overall.

The Davenport Hotel is a historic building with art deco and other classic design features. The Tower has a more modern style. I think the "Hotel" is fancier and the Tower seems a bit more generic to me, but the whole place is very, very nice; nicest place I've ever been able to afford.

Ser Scot > I am told the registrar is not sending out separate confirmations. Our payment system sends receipts, and that's the confirmation. Also we list member names on the website at http://sasquan.org/member-list/ . We have received a huge volume of registrations in the past couple of weeks while our registrar was travelling in Britain and Europe, so it's going to be about a week before we get another update.

Lady Narcissa > we had a couple of technical glitches yesterday morning, though we did process a hundred memberships yesterday. If you had a problem registering, please contact us *today* and we may be able to find a way for you to register at the August rate.

Xray > Yes, Gibbit is the party maven, parties at sasquan dot org.

A heads up for anyone booking the Davenport:

-The staff on the phone for registration is incredibly helpful. You can request adjoining or blocked rooms if all parties email the request info. How awesome is that. In addition, they are really good with dealing with the socially inept who can't figure out what question to ask in the first place (guilty). Super friendly and helpful. I'm really glad we decided to stay there. Obviously if you're throwing a party, talk to Sasquan, but otherwise if you want to stay near pals, tell the staff.

-They are already prepared for us at WorldCon and seem ready to do their best to accommodate everyone.

They offer a 10% AAA discount. I don't know if this applies to the con rate, but it is good to know.

-They offer an AARP discount. Didn't look at it, but also might be worth looking into if you qualify.

-I can't wait to see y'all. If anyone else is booking a suite, PM me. I want to be next to you!

Hotel applications tomorrow. Just a reminder :)

We decided to go for the Davenport, based on the reasoning that walking back to the hotel from the convention centre during the day is preferable to stumbling back to the hotel from the parties...

Archived