Unpopular opinion - Peter Dinklage is one of the worst actors in the series.

Arrogant Prince

As a Supporting Actor? I think Paul was better this year.

But he is the only GOT actor nominated for the Emmys throughout the last 4 years, so that really answers the question about him being "the worst".

Yes, because the fact that he was nominated despite not being the best actor in the show doesn't reveal the redundancy of the award.

Like I said, people overrate him because of the novelty of his character - what wouldn't garner more attention and interest than a scheming alcoholic, sex - addicted dwarf.

But I've had enough of this thread, if people are convinced by his acting than they may continue to do so.

He may not be the worst (he's one of, imo) but there are definitely many on the show who have less appealing characters, who are much better actors than him.

My question is: Why is Breaking Bad still winning shit? They've been off for two years already, while Game of Thrones is on, and kicking ass. Also, I think the worst actor(actress) is Emilia Clarke.

The last season ended 11 months ago...

One year they didn't make it to the Emmys. They released the 4th season after the dates they needed to.

And let's face it, this year was a showdown between Breaking Bad and True Detective, Bryan Crasnton vs Matthew McConaughey...

"These two performances are the best I've ever seen on TV, along with Gandolfini's Tony Soprano."

Gandolfini's acting is one dementionable. Every part he ever played he played it pretty much the same.

Still, his Tony Soprano is TOP 3 ever on TV. With Bryan's Walter White and Matthew's Rust Cohle.

"These two performances are the best I've ever seen on TV, along with Gandolfini's Tony Soprano."

Gandolfini's acting is one dementionable. Every part he ever played he played it pretty much the same.

What does that have to do with how played Tony Soprano? Also "dementionable" isn't a word. ;)

I guess I can see how he came to that conclusion. Gandolfini wasn't a Daniel Day Lewis or Viggo Mortensen type of character actor where he completely changed mannerisms/accents/whatever. His style was more subtle.

That said, he's completely wrong. The dude was a master class actor and Tony Soprano was one of the greatest fucking characters ever.

/NerdModeOff

I have to admit I expected Matthew as the winner, instead of Craston. But it doesn't really matter.

These two performances are the best I've ever seen on TV, along with Gandolfini's Tony Soprano.

For me neither is on the level of McShane in Deadwood but I too hoped for Matt, Cranston already won for Walter, I kinda dislike when people win so much stuff for so many years for one performance (Baldwin - 30 Rock and Parker for Sex and the City, I think they won SAG or GG 6 or 7 times). Rust Cohle is Matt's best work, he was just amazing.

"The dude was a master class actor and Tony Soprano was one of the greatest fucking characters ever."

Actually he was a good (not great) character actor. He basically played the same character his entire career. By that standard John Wayne's characterization of Ethan Edwards in the 1954 film The Searchers would make him the greatest movie actor of all time.

"I guess I can see how he came to that conclusion. Gandolfini wasn't a Daniel Day Lewis or Viggo Mortensen type of character actor where he completely changed mannerisms/accents/whatever."

Hmm how the young forget the true masters. Ever seen the work of Paul Muni?

"Also "dementionable" isn't a word. ;) "

Yia, I can't spell for sh*t.

For me neither is on the level of McShane in Deadwood but I too hoped for Matt, Cranston already won for Walter, I kinda dislike when people win so much stuff for so many years for one performance (Baldwin - 30 Rock and Parker for Sex and the City, I think they won SAG or GG 6 or 7 times). Rust Cohle is Matt's best work, he was just amazing.

I also consider Rust a better performance than the one he gave us for Dallas Buyers Club (extraordinary as well, and Oscar worthy). I just thought this year Matthew would win. The Emmys love A list actors (even more when the A list actor is probably the most famous actor in the world right now), and considering Bryan had won the Golden Globe this year (finally), I thought it was pretty clear that Matthew was gonna take the Emmy.

I guess I was wrong, but it doesn't really matter. Bryan's last season as Walter White is his best, if you ask me.

it is true that he doesn't seem to be able to act the 'aggressive' scenes very well. But the comedy and wit I think he does just fine.

I take it we're still talking about Dink here? I wholeheartedly endorse this. For me, he certainly is NOT the worst actor on the show - there are four or five that put him to shame in the crap category - lol - but I certainly think he's geared more to comedy. He has the perfect timing and nuance for that. When he has to emote, however, he fails to convince, and the unbearable facial gurning he did in the trial scene this year had me cringing. I've long ago forgiven the accent - it's become part of his portrayal now, and I don't think Tyrion would be Tyrion without sounding like a very bad impression of Richard Wilson ;)

One thing I've also noticed is that occasionally - JUST occasionally - his inflections are off. But I'm nitpicking. He has become Tyrion and we all love him, despite his flaws. :)

The one actor I've grown to dislike is Issac Hempstead-Wright and it is not because of his acting. He has literally out grown the part - It is just a mater of time before he is taller the Hodor. I would strongly consider a cast change.

Gosh - thank goodness someone else has said this. I loved little Isaac in Season 1, but in this last season he had some absolutely terrible moments. It is a truth universally acknowledged that good child actors don't always make good adult actors. :)

I will cede the point that Dinklage's accent sometimes comes across as being incorrect and a little over the top. Sometimes it ruins the delivery of his lines. But really that's a very small nitpick from what is otherwise one of the best (if not the best) performances on the show.

Gosh - thank goodness someone else has said this. I loved little Isaac in Season 1, but in this last season he had some absolutely terrible moments. It is a truth universally acknowledged that good child actors don't always make good adult actors. :)

I'm still liking Isaac. I think that the problem is Bran's adaptation: the character, in books, is only 10 years old. They can't go on pretending that the character is a child, this is ridiculous. They need to make him compatible with the age of the actor. Starting with that awful wig.

Archived