The Riverlands Web

Booknerd2

I bolded Anguy. Tom is another one too. But where assorted BWB people are and what they are doing, if/when they will return is something to look at too.

Great thread booknerd2. I'm glad you mentioned Tom of Sevenstreams, and pointed out that the individual members of the BWB could play a pivotal roll [ As mentioned above I think Harwin could play a part somehow ].

As for Tom, when with Jamie at Riverrun he tells him he wants to somehow work his way into the service of the new lord of Riverrun Emmen Frey. Jamie suggests he approach his aunt Genna Lannister if he is to have any luck. Tom is still listed as being part of the BWB.

So could this be a way to infiltrate Riverrun with help from the inside ?

Nyms, when Arya was traveling in the Riverlands she and whoever she was traveling with were not bothered by wolves. When she was with Yoren, she was out 'making water' one night when a pack came upon her, growled and took off. Even when she left Sandor, bleeding and very weak, no wolves. Did Nyms tap into the 'wolf net'? Seems like Arya had some sort of wolf protection magic going.

About Nyms going North, that is an interesting possibility as she and Arya are sharing 'long distance' wolf dreams.

Last comment, are there many Weirwood Trees left in the Riverlands? Does the Riverland Net have a Weirwood net as well?

Great opening post, booknerd2, I love your character profiles! (I'm actually a secret admirer :blushing: of yours, after discovering your Arya/Gendry analyses in Rethinking Romance...speaking of which, your OP forgot to mention the Bull Helm!!)

Thinking about the "web": it might also be pertinent that the Blackfish has deep ties to the Vale, current location of Sansa/Alayne.

Pod is also an important node in this network: Current squire to Ser My Lady Brienne; former squire to Tyrion Lannister, the husband to Sansa; of unknown relation to Ilyn, who was last seen serving as Jaime's therapist.

Aw, thanks!

I'll be back there at RR with some more Gendry/Arya eventually. Right now someone is coming up so I don't want to interrupt. I hope to throw them out in between sporadically.

That OP still needs a lot of additions and work. It was just to start up yesterday. I will add Harwin and Pod and add to those up already to.

This thing is going to be a work in progress constantly.

Nyms, when Arya was traveling in the Riverlands she and whoever she was traveling with were not bothered by wolves. When she was with Yoren, she was out 'making water' one night when a pack came upon her, growled and took off. Even when she left Sandor, bleeding and very weak, no wolves. Did Nyms tap into the 'wolf net'? Seems like Arya had some sort of wolf protection magic going.

About Nyms going North, that is an interesting possibility as she and Arya are sharing 'long distance' wolf dreams.

Last comment, are there many Weirwood Trees left in the Riverlands? Does the Riverland Net have a Weirwood net as well?

The only known weirwoods in the Riverlands, if I'm not mistaken, are the godswoods at Harrenhal and Riverrun, plus the stumps at High Heart. Brienne could have been ID'ed when she was out at the Whispers, though, via the young weirwood that was there.

Aw, thanks!

I'll be back there at RR with some more Gendry/Arya eventually. Right now someone is coming up so I don't want to interrupt. I hope to throw them out in between sporadically.

That OP still needs a lot of additions and work. It was just to start up yesterday. I will add Harwin and Pod and add to those up already to.

This thing is going to be a work in progress constantly.

Yay!

And totally…the bull helm and hound helm should have a spot too.

Maybe I'll tackle the people first, and then have sub-categories.

Good idea ! One of the sub-categories could be the Inn at the Crossroads. It has a lot of history [ Jaeharys l had it built, stayed there with Queen Alysanne, mentioned in Blackfyre Rebellions, has had lots of different names ].

But in the books up till now, King Robert's party stayed there when Joffrey got bitten by Nymeria -- Where Cat + Rodrik Cassel arrest Tyrion -- Tyrion meets Tywin there after being released from The Eyrie with his clansmen -- The Hound + Arya kill polliver + The Tickler at the inn, this is where the Hound is badly injured.

Since then, Mesha Heddle's nieces have re-opened the Inn as an orphanage. Brienne, Pod + co travel there, where they find Gendry working as a Smith. The Inn is now connected to the BWB, they fight and defeat the Brave Companions there, claiming the Hound's Helm from them.

If nothing else the Inn has been an important place geographically and could perhaps be so again ?

Good idea ! One of the sub-categories could be the Inn at the Crossroads. It has a lot of history [ Jaeharys l had it built, stayed there with Queen Alysanne, mentioned in Blackfyre Rebellions, has had lots of different names ].

But in the books up till now, King Robert's party stayed there when Joffrey got bitten by Nymeria -- Where Cat + Rodrik Cassel arrest Tyrion -- Tyrion meets Tywin there after being released from The Eyrie with his clansmen -- The Hound + Arya kill polliver + The Tickler at the inn, this is where the Hound is badly injured.

Since then, Mesha Heddle's nieces have re-opened the Inn as an orphanage. Brienne, Pod + co travel there, where they find Gendry working as a Smith. The Inn is now connected to the BWB, they fight and defeat the Brave Companions there, claiming the Hound's Helm from them.

If nothing else the Inn has been an important place geographically and could perhaps be so again ?

Definitely.

I think after people, it will have to be places and objects in profiles.

Oh, don't get me started on the Inn…too much history.

And if basically they are running their Orphanage thing to find Arya net out of there too. With Possible help from EB. Possible Sandor input too. Many theories.

Nice thread Booknerd. Although not in the Riverlands, don't forget the Mad Mouse. Travelled with Brienne for a time, looking for Sansa and may have found her as he is currently in the service of Littlefinger in the Vale. Sure to play a part in Sansa's arc, IMO, and probably not in a good way.

Nice thread Booknerd. Although not in the Riverlands, don't forget the Mad Mouse. Travelled with Brienne for a time, looking for Sansa and may have found her as he is currently in the service of Littlefinger in the Vale. Sure to play a part in Sansa's arc, IMO, and probably not in a good way.

Thanks!

Yes, he should be added. Connected to the people listed. And also Vale connection like Sansa and others have.

And looking for Sansa, and other stuff.

Definitely.

I think after people, it will have to be places and objects in profiles.

Oh, don't get me started on the Inn…too much history.

And if basically they are running their Orphanage thing to find Arya net out of there too. With Possible help from EB. Possible Sandor input too. Many theories.

Ha ! Fair play. You're right, there is too much history. I've enjoyed breezing over it, and refreshing my memory for the last couple of hours, [ Via the Wiki ] but will happily settle for its inclusion on the ' places ' list. :cheers:

Another important person in the RivWeb is Septon Meribald. He travels all around, even the most remote places. He's tight with the EB and knows way more than he let on to Brienne and party. He's a bit of a 'net' himself.

Another important person in the RivWeb is Septon Meribald. He travels all around, even the most remote places. He's tight with the EB and knows way more than he let on to Brienne and party. He's a bit of a 'net' himself.

Yeah! Another good one.

I''ll never get that OP completed for reference. LOL!

I think I have to just do a little adding everyday, but this thing will take time. But that's ok, it would be nice to come back and forth until the next book.

He might actually be against the BWB though, considering how it was hinted as to Tarly made use of his knowledge of hidden paths and villages to track down outlaws. The Brotherhood were a little careless in letting him go on his way.

Oh, another potential addition to the "web": Hyle Hunt.

GRRM confirmed that Pod was still alive but do we know about Hyle? Assuming he's still alive and being held captive by the BwB with Podrick...

If/when released, Hyle will more than likely be returning back to Randyll Tarly with information about the BwB, along with the news that there's an ongoing search for Sansa / Arya.

GRRM confirmed that Pod was still alive but do we know about Hyle? Assuming he's still alive and being held captive by the BwB with Podrick...

If/when released, Hyle will more than likely be returning back to Randyll Tarly with information about the BwB, along with the news that there's an ongoing search for Sansa / Arya.

Definitely. I have a feeling he is going to cause some problems down the road...

I'm only working on people and I still think I am forgetting to add some. But I just added a bunch. And Hot Pie. LOL! In the Riverlands, at another inn, but he knows a lot, and was close with Arya and Gendry.

He (Septon Meribald) might actually be against the BWB though, considering how it was hinted as to Tarly made use of his knowledge of hidden paths and villages to track down outlaws. The Brotherhood were a little careless in letting him go on his way.

That could be, especially since LSH is with them. She's not well liked, even in the BWB.

I've been wondering if Hyle was alive. Tarly would love to hear his news.

I have enjoyed this thread a lot. Any way, anybody have any idea how the Black Fish fits into all of this?

To be honest. He is going to be an interesting one to tackle.

We have no idea where the hell he is. But in a way that doesn't matter.

Edmure and his wife, his niece Cat, Oh, God….we don't even know if rumors reached him and he knows about LS or whatever already. If he goes by BWB, his niece is there, and everyone there is looking for Arya and Sansa.

He's surely going to turn up somewhere to help the immediate family members that he wants to get to. Well, I would think. But many think and have theories too that he gets involved with this whole Riverlands thing too.

Archived