R+L=D and B+A=J 2nd round

Hattori

Rhaella giving birth to Dany on Dragonstone is a pretty well-documented event. It was also several months after Lyanna would have already been dead, unless you think it took Ned nine months to get to Lyanna after the Sack.

We also know that Jon was born at or around the time of the Sack, that the war lasted about a year and that the war is dated to when Jon Arryn called his banners, which wasn't until after Aerys had killed the Starks. By the time Jon would have even been conceived, Brandon was already dead.

Yea.

Not sure how the 3rd video is supposed to support the theory when the first two didn't

This, this, this and more of this.

Jon is basically Rhaegar 2.0. They share the same personalities and behavioral traits. Both are introvert and melancholic guys. Both are fairly honourable men who still ditched honour when they had to choice between that or love. Only a handful of men knew Rhaegar really well, the same can be said about Jon.

Also, what is the narrative point of this theory? Dany's father is not Aerys but Rhaegar... so what? She's still a Targaryen. The Last Targaryen if you excluse R+L=J. I guess her having Stark blood could be important, but how? She has shown zero skill at skinchanging so far. And Jon remains a Stark, but Brandon is his father. Who cares?

And the idea that Jon was conceived in a dungeon in the Red Keep is laughable. Really, Ashara and Brandon had sex in a dungeon ?

We don't really know Brandon, though. Or Rhaegar, for that matter, but especially Brandon. A few old remembrances from people that knew them fleetingly. In a series partially about the surface not being the whole story of a person or a situation, I wouldn't make any bets based on personality.

Also, there are still at least two books remaining, we have no idea the what kind of things we'll care about by the ends of the story. Brandon isn't a new character, he was introduced as the same time as Lyanna. He was instrumental in the beginning of the Rebellion, and we're still getting new information from him.

I dislike all the theorist sand stupid nutjobs that misuse the word theory to give validity to their offshoots and hypoteses... A theory is something based on known facts and has been proved by different people under different circumstances. It's just offensive when you call theory ideas so dense as the dwarf race and this.

I'm pretty sure it had been settled in the last thread that the whole think it's just a lot of wishful thinking that disregards time, geography and common sense altogether, so please stop.

Also, the guy of those videos isn't the same one of the great dornish plan? Someone really needs to find a girlfriend and stop thinking so much nonsense.

Rhaella giving birth to Dany on Dragonstone is a pretty well-documented event. It was also several months after Lyanna would have already been dead, unless you think it took Ned nine months to get to Lyanna after the Sack.

We also know that Jon was born at or around the time of the Sack, that the war lasted about a year and that the war is dated to when Jon Arryn called his banners, which wasn't until after Aerys had killed the Starks. By the time Jon would have even been conceived, Brandon was already dead.

But his sperm lived on. The seed is strong.

I'm glad someone has finally sat down and tried to sort out the utter nonsense of the Rebellion's timeline.

As a person who has provided a timeline for all events in the rebellion at multiple occasions (as well as in the previous version of this thread), what is the part you have trouble following? I wouldn't mind explaining it yet again..

That said, I think Preston Jacobs does a much better job arguing against Jon being the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna than he does supporting his alternative explanations. I still think it is more likely that Jon is the child of Ashara and Ned than Ashara and Brandon. As for Daenerys, I'm not sure what the point of the obfuscation is, in-story or narratively, and I don't think the timing works out at all. The reveal would a giant "Aha! Wait... so what?"

What happens if you put his argueing against the arguments for Jon being Rhaegar and Lyanna's son?

When talking about passing Jon as younger he forgot to mention widely spread and oft said folk wisdom that "Bastards grow faster then normal children", which was used referring to Jon couple of times and which supplements theory a bit.

When talking about passing Jon as younger he forgot to mention widely spread and oft said folk wisdom that "Bastards grow faster then normal children", which was used referring to Jon couple of times and which supplements theory a bit.

U wot. That doesn't mean they physically grow faster.

I dislike all the theorist sand stupid nutjobs that misuse the word theory to give validity to their offshoots and hypoteses... A theory is something based on known facts and has been proved by different people under different circumstances. It's just offensive when you call theory ideas so dense as the dwarf race and this.

I'm pretty sure it had been settled in the last thread that the whole think it's just a lot of wishful thinking that disregards time, geography and common sense altogether, so please stop.

Also, the guy of those videos isn't the same one of the great dornish plan? Someone really needs to find a girlfriend and stop thinking so much nonsense.

Have you taken it all out of your system? Do you feel better with yourself?

But Dany was born on Dragonstone.

How did Rhaella die then?

Dany thinks she was born on Dragonstone.

There's still quite a few mysteries surrounding Dany's birth. For example, what happened to the other four loyal men? What happened to the wetnurse?

one night Ser Willem Darry and four loyal men had broken into the nursery and stolen them both, along with her wet nurse, and set sail under cover of darkness for the safety of the Braavosian coast.

It very well be that fAegon was born on Dragonstone or that Rhaella had a stillbirth. We simply don't know.

U wot. That doesn't mean they physically grow faster.

Well of course it doesn't but if somebody asks Ned why is a year old Jon so big he can say "Well you know the bastards grow faster" and majority of the people would think it's OK

There's still quite a few mysteries surrounding Dany's birth. For example, what happened to the other four loyal men? What happened to the wetnurse?

one night Ser Willem Darry and four loyal men had broken into the nursery and stolen them both, along with her wet nurse, and set sail under cover of darkness for the safety of the Braavosian coast.

It very well be that fAegon was born on Dragonstone or that Rhaella had a stillbirth. We simply don't know.

Other people know she was born on Dragonstone.. Viserys, for example ;)

The wetnurse would no longer have been necessary after Dany was old enough. And if Ser Willam can die, why not the others?

And Rhaella named her own daughter.. so there was a baby she had just birthed.

You tell us. No matter who was born on Dragonstone (hint: it was Dany) those people had to go somewhere. So... what happened to them?

Just my two cents to "Lyanna's lasst words..."

Lyanna: - Ned, he [Robert] will kill every Targaryen for what Rhaegar did to him. My son is in great danger. Please protect him!

Ned: - Err, what about my vows, my duty, my honour?

Lyanna: - Promise me, Ned... Urgh...

Hence, whenever Robert talks about killing off another Targ, Ned is reminded of his promise, why to save little Jon.

Archived