R+L=D and B+A=J 2nd round

Hattori

Or maybe just maybe, Lemon trees dont grow in Braavos cuz the climate doesnt support them. Why are you being so obstinate to consider that, and maybe just maybe GRRM made the lemon tree a specific point for a reason? As a clue to tell us that Dany's past isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I look not only at the city of Braavos, I look at those people her protector is known to have been associated with. Then, using real world history, and the official maps, and I seem to recall even a mention from the books, I find perfect reason to assume that the lemon tree was in Braavos.

I see no reason to believe that Dany's past is a lie. If she didn't stay in Braavos, where did she stay, do tell?

Or maybe just maybe, Lemon trees dont grow in Braavos cuz the climate doesnt support them. Why are you being so obstinate as to desreargd that, and maybe just maybe GRRM made the lemon tree a specific point for a reason? As a clue to tell us that Dany's past isn't all it's cracked up to be.

You know, almonds and figs normally do not grow in my climate, either, yet just the other day, I visited chateau garden where they grew just fine - all it took was a terrace with a wall facing south to create warmer microclimate, and for figs some extra cover for winter. Just saying.

I have no doubt about the timeline.. In fact, I have given a timeline for the rebellion multiple in the previous version of this thread, and probably also in the earlier pages of this version..

;)

Completely agree.. Do a little bit of math, and the answers become rather clear.

Good to see you are finally coming around to the war having lasted a little bit more than 12 months ;)

All the "we know they believe that" is also a problematic part for this theory. Why the need to have multiple people lie (with no good reason) for the birth dates of multiple people..?

I always believed the war was around 13-14 months, but you and I get there in two different ways. It's the Sack that you and I disagree with each other.

I believe: The "war raged for close to a year....[until the Sack of Kings Landing]" I believe the Sack occured with 12 months. We still have the Siege a month after that. So, in total, the war can be 13 months. There has never been anything written on the full length of the war.

You believe "The war raged for close to a year," thus that's the whole war. And "close to" can be 13-14 months and the Siege quickly after that.

It seems minor, but it creates a big difference on the timing of Ned and Cat's wedding.

You know, almonds and figs normally do not grow in my climate, either, yet just the other day, I visited chateau garden where they grew just fine - all it took was a terrace with a wall facing south to create warmer microclimate, and for figs some extra cover for winter. Just saying.

It isn't as though we have an in-universe example of manipulating the environment to be able to grow food in inhospitable conditions. Oh, if only, if only somewhere in the novels had 'glass gardens'

It isn't as though we have an in-universe example of manipulating the environment to be able to grow food in inhospitable conditions. Oh, if only, if only somewhere in the novels had 'glass gardens'

I just wanted to show that it can be done even without a greenhouse :-)

Archived