Wow, I never noticed that v. 7

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Qhorin expected Jon and Ygritte to have sex. Qhorin has spent a great deal of time on the wrong side of the wall. He of all people should of known that Jon just unwittingly completed the wildling's marriage custom with a pretty wildling girl; and, while knowing this, what does he do? He tells Jon to "do what needs to be done" and gives Ygritte and Jon some privacy.

Qhorin expected Jon and Ygritte to have sex. Qhorin has spent a great deal of time on the wrong side of the wall. He of all people should of known that Jon just unwittingly completed the wildling's marriage custom with a pretty wildling girl; and, while knowing this, what does he do? He tells Jon to "do what needs to be done" and gives Ygritte and Jon some privacy.

You made my day.

Lol its nothing much but it seems The hound and the Mountain are based on the WWE characters The undertaker and Kane

Kane - is The hound eg The Undertaker is Kane's older brother, and when they were little Undertaker set his house on fire and killed his parents and badly burned Kane's face and hates this older brother etc and was at the at the start of his career trying to kill the undertaker
The taker has to be the mountain because how often does he die but he always comes back same as the mountain has come back as Robert strong
Lol just a thought?

CoK - Bran talks to Jon while Jon is scouting the mountain and having a wolfdream. Bran appears as a weirwood and tries to open Jon's third eye. While Jon is in Ghost he smells darkness and death around Bran, who happens to be hiding in the WF crypts at that time.

CoK - Bran talks to Jon while Jon is scouting the mountain and having a wolfdream. Bran appears as a weirwood and tries to open Jon's third eye. While Jon is in Ghost he smells darkness and death around Bran, who happens to be hiding in the WF crypts at that time.

Could be a double entendre since Bloodraven is involved.

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseam in R+L=J but I don't go there.

This...

In legend, Brandon the Builder had used giants to help raise Winterfell, but Jon did not want to confuse the issue. "Men can build a lot higher than this. In Oldtown there's a tower taller than the Wall." He could tell she did not believe him. If I could show her Winterfell . . . give her a flower from the glass gardens, feast her in the Great Hall, and show her the stone kings on their thrones. We could bathe in the hot pools, and love beneath the heart tree while the old gods watched over us.

Jon V, Storm

...is followed by this...

The dream was sweet . . . but Winterfell would never be his to show. It belonged to his brother, the King in the North. He was a Snow, not a Stark. Bastard, oathbreaker, and turncloak . . .

Jon V, Storm

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseam in R+L=J

Not that I remember.

but I don't go there.

Sorry to hear that.

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseam in R+L=J but I don't go there.

This...

Jon V, Storm

...is followed by this...

Jon V, Storm

I like it! What does it mean? ;)

I recently realised that Cersei is even more of a hypocrite, than I previously thought.

When Lord Rosby died without a clear heir, Falyse (or her mother Tanda) approached Cersei and said, her family had the best claim to the Rosby estates, since Falyse's late aunt had been the third wife of Gyles Rosby. When hearing that the Stokeworths were trying to claim Rosby by their relation to Rosby's wife, Cersei thought, that House Stokeworth should change its sigil to a "grasping monkey".

On the other hand, Cersei clearly thinks, that her children Joffrey and later Tommen are the true kings of Westeros. That is kind of strange, since the only claim her children have to the throne by dynastical means is being related to Robert's wife.

There are 7 of a lot of things, which is pretty clear, but I just noticed that there have also been 7 kings in the "Southron Politics" storyline since Robert died: Joffrey, Robb, Stannis, Renly, Balon, Tommen, and Aegon.

Mance Rayder doesn't count since he's not a traditional king.

There are 7 of a lot of things, which is pretty clear, but I just noticed that there have also been 7 kings in the "Southron Politics" storyline since Robert died: Joffrey, Robb, Stannis, Renly, Balon, Tommen, and Aegon.

So after you cut off your ring finger, you have seven fingers.

Thumbs don't count because they're thumbs.

(Just kidding)

And Euron doesn't count because he wears an eyepach.

This is no doubt well-tred ground in R+L=J but it would not have taken much at all for Lyanna to have been wed to Rhaegar...

The heart tree appeared in front of them, its bony limbs spread wide. Fallen leaves lay about the wide white trunk in drifts of red and brown. The ravens were the thickest here, muttering to one another in the murderers' secret tongue. Ramsay Bolton stood beneath them, clad in high boots of soft grey leather and a black velvet doublet slashed with pink silk and glittering with garnet teardrops. A smile danced across his face.

"Who comes?" His lips were moist, his neck red above his collar. "Who comes before the god?"

Theon answered. "Arya of House Stark comes here to be wed. A woman grown and flowered, trueborn and noble, she comes to beg the blessings of the gods. Who comes to claim her?"

"Me," said Ramsay. "Ramsay of House Bolton, Lord of the Hornwood, heir to the Dreadfort. I claim her. Who gives her?"

"Theon of House Greyjoy, who was her father's ward." He turned to the bride. "Lady Arya, will you take this man?"

She raised her eyes to his. Brown eyes, not grey. Are all of them so blind? For a long moment she did not speak, but those eyes were begging. This is your chance, he thought. Tell them. Tell them now. Shout out your name before them all, tell them that you are not Arya Stark, let all the north hear how you were made to play this part. It would mean her death, of course, and his own as well, but Ramsay in his wroth might kill them quickly. The old gods of the north might grant them that small boon.

"I take this man," the bride said in a whisper.

All around them lights glimmered through the mists, a hundred candles pale as shrouded stars. Theon stepped back, and Ramsay and his bride joined hands and knelt before the heart tree, bowing their heads in token of submission. The weirwood's carved red eyes stared down at them, its great red mouth open as if to laugh. In the branches overhead a raven quorked.

After a moment of silent prayer, the man and woman rose again. Ramsay undid the cloak that Theon had slipped about his bride's shoulders moments before, the heavy white wool cloak bordered in grey fur, emblazoned with the direwolf of House Stark. In its place he fastened a pink cloak, spattered with red garnets like those upon his doublet. On its back was the flayed man of the Dreadfort done in stiff red leather, grim and grisly. Quick as that, it was done. Weddings went more quickly in the north. It came of not having priests, Theon supposed, but whatever the reason it seemed to him a mercy.

The Prince of Winterfell

Good point so all you really need is Lyanna, Rhaegar someone to give Lyanna away and a Heart tree and about 2 minutes of time to get it done.

It is a very good point, but who would give Lyanna away? I would assume it would either have to be family or someone as close to the family as possible. If it can be any old person it kind of defeats the purpose.

If only they had a child, then King Jon would have a legitimate child heir. Amazing. They were actually married?

It is a very good point, but who would give Lyanna away? I would assume it would either have to be family or someone as close to the family as possible. If it can be any old person it kind of defeats the purpose.

The only person I can think of is maybe Ser Arthur Dayne with his reputation being what it was I suppose it could be seen as a honour him giving away the bride, But like you said it should really be family or the next best thing, Its a tough one.

The only person I can think of is maybe Ser Arthur Dayne with his reputation being what it was I suppose it could be seen as a honour him giving away the bride, But like you said it should really be family or the next best thing, Its a tough one.

It may not have been necessary if she said her vows willingly...

"The monster has tied us a thorny knot," the old knight told Maester Luwin. "Like it or no, Lady Hornwood was his wife. He made her say the vows before both septon and heart tree, and bedded her that very night before witnesses. She signed a will naming him as heir and fixed her seal to it."

"Vows made at sword point are not valid," the maester argued.

"Roose Bolton may not agree. Not with land at issue." Ser Rodrik looked unhappy. "Would that I could take this serving man's head off as well, he's as bad as his master. But I fear I must keep him alive until Robb returns from his wars. He is the only witness to the worst of the Bastard's crimes. Perhaps when Lord Bolton hears his tale, he will abandon his claim, but meantime we have Manderly knights and Dreadfort men killing one another in Hornwood forests, and I lack the strength to stop them."

Bran V, Clash

Of course she might not have had the legal capacity to consent but once the vows had been spoken and the marriage, assuming there was one and that Targaryens were legally permitted to take more than one wife, had been consummated, the marriage would have been legal...

"He's the Kingslayer's brother. Oathbreaking runs in their blood." Robb's fingers brushed the pommel of his sword. "If I could I'd take his ugly head off. Sansa would be a widow then, and free. There's no other way that I can see. They made her speak the vows before a septon and don a crimson cloak."

Catelyn IV, Storm

Archived