Archipelacon - GRRM is GoH

Maltaran

There is that, but then again, the hotel near the ferry is £90 a night, whereas I've stayed in a hostel in central Stockholm for £25 before.

I'm always wary of getting an earlier piece of transport since the time I ended up spending the night in Gatwick airport and spending more on coaches than it would have cost getting a more convenient flight...

I'm happy with cheaper if we can sort out the logistics of getting to the ferry/hotels though!

Ok folks

I have booked with free counsilation ;) (if no-one want to share I'll get a single room instead)

Ersta Konferens & Hotel Tuesday 23 June 2015

for £83 (but will vary depending on exchange rate on the day) SEK 1,050

I've booked a twin room with shared bathroom.

the first person who posts to say they want to share with me gets the spot

Google says its a 13 min walk to the ferry.

oh and quick reference Viking line times and prices

This means I will be on the 7:45 on Wednesday and on the 9am ferry since the later ferry may get me back just too late to catch that plane. I plan to book in the next day or two.

STOCKHOLM - MARIEHAMN · WED 24.6.2015
DEPARTURE ARRIVAL PRICE

07:45 14:10 14,00 EUR

16:00 22:50 33,00 EUR

17:30 07:15 21,00 EUR

MARIEHAMN - STOCKHOLM · MON 29.6.2015

04:30 09:50 33,00 EUR

09:00 15:00 14,00 EUR

14:25 18:55 14,00 EUR

Right! I have a plan. This is what I'm going to be doing:

Flight Wednesday 24 June: Stansted (08.20) -> Stockholm Skavsta (11.35)

Hope to get shuttle Skavsta (12.05) -> Cityterminalen (13.25)

Or else, if I don't get through security on time for that one, Skavsta (12.40) -> Cityterminalen (14.00)

Ferry Stockholm (16.00) -> Mariehamn (22.50)

According to googlemaps, it'll then take me half an hour to walk to the cabins.

Archipelacon, woo!

I'm getting the con ferry back on Monday 29 June:

Mariehamn (14:25) -> Stockholm (18.55)

Then I get the evening and all of the following day in Stockholm. I'll get a dorm in a hostel (I stayed in one in Old Town last time I was in the city, which was good) but I'll book that nearer the time.

Flight Tuesday 30 June: Skavsta (22.05) -> Stansted (23.25)

So all I have left to do is sort out getting to/from Stansted, and one night in Stockholm. And this is from someone who hasn't planned her Easter holiday yet.

This is a polite reminder for Wee_Birdie and Kat that I will need paying before the end of April please. My deadline to pay the balance is May, so sooner rather than later would be best. If, for whatever reason, you aren't coming anymore, or don't want a space in the cabin anymore, then please let me know, as I believe Toft is still looking for somewhere to stay.

Paypal addy is musicalsam (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Also, the exchange rates quoted are no longer accurate. They are now:

£86 (which is room + linens) = $130 or 120Euros

Apologies for this, but unfortunately I don't control the exchange rate.

Those who have paid for the room but not paid for the linens - just pay me the 9Euros at the Con please. It's a bit of a silly amount to be losing fees to Paypal for.

I am indeed still looking for somewhere! I've yet to book my flight out, but it'll be to Stockholm on either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. I'd like to see the city so am more aiming towards the group ferry. (I'll be going back on the group ferry then a flight on Monday night.)

Are we going to plan a BwB party of any sort, by the way? I would warn everyone that alcohol in bars is rather expensive (€7-€9 per drink isn't unusual) so I plan to bring some supplies along in checked luggage.

I am indeed still looking for somewhere! I've yet to book my flight out, but it'll be to Stockholm on either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. I'd like to see the city so am more aiming towards the group ferry. (I'll be going back on the group ferry then a flight on Monday night.)

Are we going to plan a BwB party of any sort, by the way? I would warn everyone that alcohol in bars is rather expensive (€7-€9 per drink isn't unusual) so I plan to bring some supplies along in checked luggage.

I'd book your hotel room rather soonish since the Con rates end on the 1st april.

This is a polite reminder for Wee_Birdie and Kat that I will need paying before the end of April please.

Different Cat, right? My payment went through?

(sorry for having a confusing name...)

I suggest you PM the Kat that likes rocks and Wee_Birdie just as a reminder and to check they are still going.

I know Kat's very busy with modding duties and will only get busier with the show about to start, so may not check this thread often.

Booked flights. Gatwick to Arlanda - arriving 23 June 12:30, leaving 29 June 20:50. By those times I think I need to be on the same ferries as Pebble, so let me know if we're doing a cabin or if I should just book my own ferry tickets.

Booked flights. Gatwick to Arlanda - arriving 23 June 12:30, leaving 29 June 20:50. By those times I think I need to be on the same ferries as Pebble, so let me know if we're doing a cabin or if I should just book my own ferry tickets.

I don't think there is enough interest for a cabin, I will be booking my ferry tickets on Tuesday morning. If people want a cabin they need to say so before then.

we need 4 people to make up a cabin. I think there are only 3 interested but not confimed. (Pebble, Targh and Johan)

Archived