Archipelacon - GRRM is GoH

Maltaran

well I am home.

but 3rd bus did break down on the way and I had to get a Taxi. Just managed to check bags in as they where closing (actually they had just closed the bag drop desk but felt sorry for me.)

I'm going to attempt to re-claim the taxi fare from shite bus company. I don't hold out much hope.

Also anyone know the Swedish laws of Driving a bus while talking on your mobile phone? (holding the phone to ear, not using a hands free device - Bus driver spent much of the journey on the phone before the bus broke)

Also Cabin people - We may have ruined someone's wedding.

I was on the plane home next to this highly superstitious couple. the lady told me that whenever she goes to a wedding something disastrous happens that is somehow linked to something she has seen just a day or two before.

well this couple was staying in this campsite for a little holiday before going to friends wedding. - they where staying in campsite cos for some reason all the hotel rooms in Marieham seemed to be fully booked. on the first day they noticed this strange T-shirt of a person in a wolf head being shot with arrows and lots of blood. She felt that was a bit weird, but then over the next day or two saw other people wearing the same T-shirt. Thinking this may be some kind of Omen, she googled the word TitanCon saw that this was some GOT convention and being a "Big all time fan" worked out just what scene that T-shirt depicted. They checked out that day, and crammed in a friend room elsewhere.

She never told me what happened at this wedding she went too, but she did have this theory on Jon Snows parents she just had to share.

I never told her I was with those people wearing that T-shirt (although mine never got worn)

A big thank you for all you BWBers for coming to the con! If you review it in your blog or something please post a link here, we are happy to hear about your experiences! And thanks for the karaoke at the party, some awesome performances, I was humming Phantom of the Opera all Sunday! Too bad I missed Bohemian Rhapsody as I had already left ;)

Wish I had had more time talking to you, I seriously need a time turner or something! Hope to see you again somewhere, my plans for the next cons are Swecon in August this year, Ã…con in the spring 2016, Finncon 2016 on the summer and Barcelona Eurocon in November 2016... Always happy to sing karaoke with you guys!

Pebble,

In Sweden it's illegal to use "communication devices" in a way that focuses your attention elsewhere and makes you a dangerous driver. So it's not illegal to talk on a phone (though it's better to use handsfree), but it is illegal to for example look down on your phone to write texts or numbers.

It's possible to contact Flygbussarna here: http://www.flygbussarna.se/en/customer-services/contact-form I don't know if they'd refund anything other than your bus-ticket though.

Glad you eventually made it home safely, Pebs! :grouphug:

well this couple was staying in this campsite for a little holiday before going to friends wedding. - they where staying in campsite cos for some reason all the hotel rooms in Marieham seemed to be fully booked. on the first day they noticed this strange T-shirt of a person in a wolf head being shot with arrows and lots of blood. She felt that was a bit weird, but then over the next day or two saw other people wearing the same T-shirt. Thinking this may be some kind of Omen, she googled the word TitanCon saw that this was some GOT convention and being a "Big all time fan" worked out just what scene that T-shirt depicted. They checked out that day, and crammed in a friend room elsewhere.

She never told me what happened at this wedding she went too, but she did have this theory on Jon Snows parents she just had to share.

I never told her I was with those people wearing that T-shirt (although mine never got worn)

That is seriously impressive though. Must have been an epic wedding. Maybe the locals could keep an eye out for reports on a wedding ending in a bloodbath?

I'm home... (boooooo)

Thanks to the Peoples Cabin Front and the Cabin Peoples Front for a wonderful birthday and general merryment.

A great con.

And we ruined a wedding? excellent.

I'll put some photos up in the next few days (not that i took many).

See you all in Belfast!

x

Also Cabin people - We may have ruined someone's wedding.

I was on the plane home next to this highly superstitious couple. the lady told me that whenever she goes to a wedding something disastrous happens that is somehow linked to something she has seen just a day or two before.

If she got that worried about seeing some of our t-shirts as an omen it's probably a good thing she didn't stick around and see GRRM at our barbecue.

Hey Artistic Cabin People remember when I mentioned we play Pictionary in Forum games, Some of you showed some interest

And Non-artisitic people - this is also for you - its just you never showed any interest.

Here is the latest sign-up thread http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/132242-pictionary-xxiv/

and this is the results of all past games http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/86671-pictionary-a-collection-of-beautiful-drawings/

If your feeling down with the post con blues these may put a smile on your face. - Don't open anywhere where uncontrollable laughter may cause embarrassment. oh and if you get to the bear and maiden fair - Don't ignore the warnings thinking it really can't be that bad then complain afterwards.

guys. i wanted to say thanks for the party and REALLY thank you for the raffle price! i shall treasure the excerpt for ever, not only because it's signed, but also because it will remind me of the con where i met some of you beautiful people.

looking forward to belfast now .)

Brilliant con. Miss you all already. Although, it turns out unlimited sleep is also brilliant.

I like your new choice of avatar, keeping the memory of the People's Cabin Front (Putting People First) alive.

It's possible to contact Flygbussarna here: http://www.flygbussa...es/contact-form I don't know if they'd refund anything other than your bus-ticket though.

You could also try publicly complaining about them on their Facebook page here, that might attract their attention (although it doesn't look like you'd be the only one with some complaints against them).

I like your new choice of avatar, keeping the memory of the People's Cabin Front (Putting People First) alive.

Long live the eternal People's Cabin Front!

The Flygbussarna problems are a bit baffling - every time I've got them, I've had no problem at all, and been rather impressive with their internet having.

Archived