Robbs Remains

OberynBlackfyre

Heads are usually dipped in tar, to preserve them. (If I've got that right.) Joff would've made a big deal of Robb's head. That can be ruled out, I'd suggest.

Freys keeping it as a trophy? Not their style, I feel. More likely the dogs have had a good feed.

Roose, now he's got Winterfell, won't want to immortalise Robb placing his remains alongside his ancestors. Effectively, he's ended House Stark, in his eyes, which has been something House Bolton have conspired to bring about for ages.

Heads are usually dipped in tar, to preserve them. (If I've got that right.) Joff would've made a big deal of Robb's head. That can be ruled out, I'd suggest. -> snip

Joffrey did order that it be sent to him. Perhaps it was already disposed of before the order arrived at the Twins, or perhaps the head arrived at the Red Keep after Joff's death.

However, in that type of society you can't be surprised that something like that happened.

That must be why ASOIAF is filled to the brim with murder and war over broken betrothals.

But of course, even you don't act like it's a normal thing to happen:

Probably not kill him, but there would be SOME restitution paid. Robb would punish him.

I feel like Stark-hate bias is taking over here.

Joffrey did order that it be sent to him.

And Tywin overruled the order.

I don't think you are seeing passed your love for the Starks here, man. I'm not saying he deserved it, I'm just saying that people shouldn't be omg surprised that the Freys betrayed him in this way. For instance, the Freys are already prickly and not trust worthy, but the Freys with a grievance? I mean come on. Plus, no matter what....Robb AS A KING should have kept his oath. Kings are supposed to lead the example....for instance, what would Robb have done if a Lord of his broke a deal like that? Probably not kill him, but there would be SOME restitution paid. Robb would punish him.

Well we saw what Robb did with one of his closest and most powerful bannermen for disobeying orders.

The wiser course would have been to offer Lord Karstark a black cloak, which i cant believe nobody present even suggested!

The matter of Robbs remains, I know Joffrey certainly WANTED Robbs head, but Tyrion and Kevan objected in council, Cercei even said he was joking before Tywin offered Joffrey a lesson on Kingship, Joffrey threw a tantrum and was put to bed without any supper, so I dont think that raven ever flew.

Most likely his remains are in an unmarked or even mass grave, or floating down the greenfork toward the narrow sea. Sad as the thought is.

(Theres always the possibility of Nymeria finding him or Grey Winds remains for you hardcore hopers)

Well we saw what Robb did with one of his closest and most powerful bannermen for disobeying orders.

The wiser course would have been to offer Lord Karstark a black cloak, which i cant believe nobody present even suggested!

The matter of Robbs remains, I know Joffrey certainly WANTED Robbs head, but Tyrion and Kevan objected in council, Cercei even said he was joking before Tywin offered Joffrey a lesson on Kingship, Joffrey threw a tantrum and was put to bed without any supper, so I dont think that raven ever flew.

Most likely his remains are in an unmarked or even mass grave, or floating down the greenfork toward the narrow sea. Sad as the thought is.

(Theres always the possibility of Nymeria finding him or Grey Winds remains for you hardcore hopers)

Karstark murdered two innocents IIRC? Taking his head seemed pretty justified to me. Plus it felt to me like he had to take some kind of serious action because his armies were so fragile at that point that any sign of weakness could have caused everything to fall apart. That was what was implied to me from reading that part of the book at least.

Karstark murdered two innocents IIRC? Taking his head seemed pretty justified to me. Plus it felt to me like he had to take some kind of serious action because his armies were so fragile at that point that any sign of weakness could have caused everything to fall apart. That was what was implied to me from reading that part of the book at least.

his army was never so fragile as it was when he lost the entire support of the Karstark strength.

I agree the execution was indeed justified, but other considerations should have been taken into account, Catelyn should have been removed from sight after her actions for a start, id have sent her away posibly to white harbor.

There was room for banishing Karstark due to the situation of being at war and in a foreign land. Robbs plan at that point was already to return and retake the north, he knew he would need the loyalty of the Karstarks, he should have banished Rickard, placed his son on the seat and retained the thousands of soldiers he otherwise lost.

That must be why ASOIAF is filled to the brim with murder and war over broken betrothals.

But of course, even you don't act like it's a normal thing to happen:

I feel like Stark-hate bias is taking over here.

And Tywin overruled the order.

if you read what I said, the first sentence was that I love Robb and the Starks to take the Stark hate nonsense elsewhere. It's not hate to say a person acted hypocritically. or to say that they were fallible. And no an assassination at a wedding where you have given THE GUESTS THE PROTECTION OF GUEST RIGHT is what makes this such a breach of honor, humanity, etc. However, the breach of guest right is really the only thing that surprises me. The moment I found out Robb had wed someone else, I felt like he signed his death warrant, or at least his defeat. He needed the Freys and he was losing men left and right with Edmures mistake, and then Roose Boltons little ploy at Duskendale. Catelyn explicitly tells him that Walder Frey won't let it go. He ignores this, because he's honorable. HE was a great war leader and an honorable man, much like his father. Much like his father, he wasn't any good at politics.

snip -> The matter of Robbs remains, I know Joffrey certainly WANTED Robbs head, but Tyrion and Kevan objected in council, Cercei even said he was joking before Tywin offered Joffrey a lesson on Kingship, Joffrey threw a tantrum and was put to bed without any supper, so I dont think that raven ever flew. <-snip

I read it as Cersei meaning he was joking about having the head served to Sansa at his wedding feast, and not joking about wanting the head. Joff gave a direct order to Pycelle to have the head sent to him (""Write to Lord Frey and tell him. The king commands."), and if it was ever countermanded, that happened offstage.

Maybe you're right. There's not enough in the text to be sure either way.

I think Robb paid a bigger price for his mistake than most, but people also marginalized Frey's complaint by reducing it to a broken marriage contract. Frey didn't just let him pass, he broke fealty with the Iron Throne in open warfare, he supplied troops and he lost family in Robb's cause. And he did it all as his part of a bargain, which Robb broke.

Again, Frey's reaction is significant overkill, but don't undersell his grievance either.

I still don't think killing Robb is the norm in Westeros' society, yeah they would be upset but killing Robb is taking it to far.

And Robb never deserved it no matter the oath he broke he didn't deserve it let alone 3500 men and women. Some people have broken many many oaths yet still live and Robb broke one and tried to do everything to make amends yet he and thousands of innocent people died.

Again no one can tell me Robb, Catelyn, And the other 3500 people who died deserved anything when people such as Jaime, Tywin, Cersei, Pycelle and many others who've made oaths and promises get to live to break them another day/year.

Wow. This is what could happen to 3500 people if a King breaks an oath that should have been very simple to just plain and simply keep? Wow. Hopefully Westeros gets a much more aware, considerate, and smarter King in that case.

As I recall, Robb's head was sent to Joffrey. But I could be wrong...

I suspect that he will not lay at rest with his ancestors. :(

at the small council when tyrion was first finding out about the RW...joff told pycell to ask lord frey to send it to him so he could have sansa kiss it...tyrion was outraged by this and an arguement ensued infront of tywin...tywin sent joff off to bed and i think we can assume that in this case the king did not get what he wanted

at the small council when tyrion was first finding out about the RW...joff told pycell to ask lord frey to send it to him so he could have sansa kiss it...tyrion was outraged by this and an arguement ensued infront of tywin...tywin sent joff off to bed and i think we can assume that in this case the king did not get what he wanted

Ah, yes! As a bioarchaeologist I should have been more aware of where the human remains ended up! :blushing:

Thanks!

:)

Archived