Rickon 5, maybe 6

Joffrey died with 14

Tommen 10

Myrcella 11

Pod 14, maybe 15

Trystane 13, maybe 14

Jojen 15

Meera 18

Of course that depends on where you put the end date of Dance.

I doubt Bran is 11. To me it looks like it has been at least 2 years since the series started. Bran was 7 at that time so I assume he is 9 or 10 at max. Arya is 11 and 12 at max. Sansa is 13, 14 at max. Joffrey was older then Sansa. Tommen and Bran were like the same age while Myrcella was like at Arya's age. Jon at max is 17 if not 16. Pod is probably 13 or 14 because when he was with Tyrion he was 12. Most likely he is 13. Jojen and Meera is most likely 13 and 16 or at max 14 and 17.

The year at the end of aDwD is 300 aC.

Jon - 17
Sansa - 13
Arya - 11
Bran - 10
Rickon - 5
Joffrey - died at 14
Tommen - 9
Myrcella - 10
Podrick - 13/14
Trystane - 13
Jojen - 14
Meera - 17

Jon, Meera, Margaery, Robb were born the year of the rebellion 283 aC

Jon 18

Sansa 14

Arya 12

Bran 11

Rickon 5, maybe 6

Joffrey died with 14

Tommen 10

Myrcella 11

Pod 14, maybe 15

Trystane 13, maybe 14

Jojen 15

Meera 18

Jon cannot be 18.

That would mean his last POV is ADWD happened in 301 AL, October. We don't even know if ADWD happens in 301.

Jon is 16 throughout ASOS and most ADWD.

I doubt Bran is 11. To me it looks like it has been at least 2 years since the series started. Bran was 7 at that time so I assume he is 9 or 10 at max. Arya is 11 and 12 at max. Sansa is 13, 14 at max. Joffrey was older then Sansa. Tommen and Bran were like the same age while Myrcella was like at Arya's age. Jon at max is 17 if not 16. Pod is probably 13 or 14 because when he was with Tyrion he was 12. Most likely he is 13. Jojen and Meera is most likely 13 and 16 or at max 14 and 17.

Close to four years actually.

The year at the end of aDwD is 300 aC.

The year at the end of some PoVs of Dance is 300 AL. For some others, it's 301. Arya comes to mind.

Personally, I used the year 300 AC because this is the year that Kevan Lannister was killed (ADwD epilogue) according to the wiki.

If you include samples chapters from TWoW, hard to say. Maybe 301? The fact that Joffrey was listed as having died in 300AC kinda threw me off, tbh. I would have expected a little more time to have passed since then than that, but okay! Whatever. lol

Personally, I used the year 300 AC because this is the year that Kevan Lannister was killed (ADwD epilogue) according to the wiki.

If you include samples chapters from TWoW, hard to say. Maybe 301? The fact that Joffrey was listed as having died in 300AC kinda threw me off, tbh. I would have expected a little more time to have passed since then than that, but okay! Whatever. lol

The day Joffrey died is January 1st, 300. It's mentioned by Tywin in ASOS, that he would marry Marg the first day of the new century.

The day Joffrey died is January 1st, 300. It's mentioned by Tywin in ASOS, that he would marry Marg the first day of the new century.

Nice attention to detail! Color me impressed. :D

Damn, Olenna... way to kick off the new year/ century. :lol: Always knew that old lady had style!

Arya's later chapters are in 301. Maybe some others as well, but that's more difficult to pinpoint.

i have. that was the first thing i did. they dont have the exact age

:) Dance with Dragons ends somewhere in the middle of the year 300AC. Seeing as the Winds of Winter sample chapters all follow extremely close on the Dance-events, they as well take place in 300AC. The only exception might be Mercy, since it cannot be said with certainty how much time passed in between that chapter, and the last Arya POV in Dance. However, with the necessity for money in KL, and the close proximity of Cersei's trial in the Epilogue of Dance, it seems highly likely that not all too much time passed between Dance and Mercy, placing Mercy in 300AC as well, most likely towards the end.

Now that you know where the current story ends, you can check the following pages for the birth years. Knowing those, and the time where the story ends, it is easy to determine everyone's age, right?

A to D

E to J

K to Q

R to W

For the time where each chapter takes place (an overview will be edited in in a few days ;) ): Turning of the years, for the entire main series, and the Dunk&Egg series.

For a few characters, the placing of the nameday can even be determined, although roughly: namedays

In other words :) Follow my signature link

This link might also interest you.

A summary:

Jon: 16, soon to be turning 17

Robb: died at 16, a few months after his nameday

Sansa: currently 13, to be turning 14 later in the year

Arya: (as of the end of Dance) 11; she'll turn 12 in 301AC (as stated, Mercy cannot yet be properly placed in a timeline)

Rickon: 5, will turn 6 in 301AC

Bran: 9 or 10 (he should be close to his nameday, but until he mentions something, that cannot be determined.)

Tommen: 9

Myrcella: 10

Daenerys: 16 (nameday should just have passed, will be turning 17 in 301AC)

Jojen: either 13 or 14, depending on whether his nameday has already passed.

Meera: 16, will turn 17 later in the year

Podrick: with Podrick's birth in either 286 or 287, he will be either 13, 14 or 15

Trystane: 14

Archived