Fantasy Football 2014

l2 0 5 5

Well damn, I just had my first draft and I feel I picked a fairly average squad (standard, non PPR). I think it's not bad (minus woodhead) given how I got the 14th overall pick in a 14 player league.

QB: Aaron Rodgers

RB - Reggie Bush

RB - Woodhead

WR - AJ Green

WR - E Sanders

TE - Witten

K - Tucker

DEF - Bengals

Utility - T.Y. Hilton

7th place, here I come! :crying:

Danny Woodhead as a #2 RB is...not ideal. Did you draft any potential breakout backs later on?

Yeah, non-PPR makes Woodhead not worth a lot. Last year in a very large league I had Woodhead who did a lot of good work for me in the flex spot, but it was PPR.

But in a 14-team league, a lot of teams will look average. You'll just need to play the waiver wire to shore it up. I had a stupidly large 18-team league last year, my RB situation was atrocious but nobody had touched Fred Jackson (we only ran 1 RB since starting 2 with 18 teams seemed ridiculous), assuming Spiller would keep him relegated to very limited touches. I ended up in 5th, but had Antonio Brown not had that long return in week 15 that caused me to lose by 3 I would have won (scored more than any team that advanced in the following two weeks).

Big draft last night and the family dog bit my kid right before it hit. Kid was pretty obviously OK but ER was only way to get him checked out and have some antibiotics issued. So in waiting room I did best I could setting up queue but most of my draft was autodrafted until the tenth round.

PFM

Doug Martin

Zac Stacy

Andre Johnson

V Crus

Zack Ertz

Ryan Mathews

Colts

Nugent

Bench

T Richardson

E Decker

A Boldin

Jeremy Hill

Brandin Cooks

Jarrett Boykin

Eli Manning

Honestly it could be worse but this is very much a team that is relying on upside rather than anything I know I can count on (other than PFM).

Had two drafts this weekend, both standard 10 team leagues.

On Friday had first pick which gave me:

Jamal Charles RB

Giovanni Bernard RB

Jordy Nelson WR

Wes Welker WR

Michael Floyd WR

Jeremy Maclin WR

Ryan Mathews RB

Matt Ryan QB

Robert Griffin III QB

Pierre Thomas RB

Kyle Rudolph TE

Devonta Freeman RB

Matt Prater K

Houston D

Mason Crosby K

I somehow missed the news about Prater's suspension unti after i grabbed him, so wasted a pick there, but will hold on to him for now.

Sunday's draft I picked ninth which gave me:

Jimmy Graham TE

Montee Ball RB

Doug Martin RB

Vincent Jackson WR

Victor Cruz WR

Pierre Garcon WR

Bishop Sankey RB

Russell Wilson QB

Julian Edelman WR

Brandin Cooks WR

Stevan Ridley RB

Cincinnati

Ryan Tannehill QB

Mason Crosby K

Jarrett Boykin WR

Waited too long on QB and got burned by a couple people picking backups, but will see how Wilson does.

So I just traded Roethlisberger and Christine Micheal for Matt Cassell and Knowshon Moreno.

I didn't need Rapeburger, 'cause I was already set at QB, but I'm banking a lot on Moreno being good this year. If he disappoints, I'm going to be kicking myself for letting that preseason game influence my decision.

So I just traded Roethlisberger and Christine Micheal for Matt Cassell and Knowshon Moreno.

I didn't need Rapeburger, 'cause I was already set at QB, but I'm banking a lot on Moreno being good this year. If he disappoints, I'm going to be kicking myself for letting that preseason game influence my decision.

I think you got the better end of the deal as long as you don't ever have to use Cassell. Knowshon > Christine, IMO.

Knowshon is dodgy. Much like Decker, I think he's a product of a Peyton Manning offense. I just don't like the Dolphins in general I guess.

Woodhead is a great flex in PPR, but useless in standard and if he's your second back then that could be trouble.

Big draft last night and the family dog bit my kid right before it hit. Kid was pretty obviously OK but ER was only way to get him checked out and have some antibiotics issued. So in waiting room I did best I could setting up queue but most of my draft was autodrafted until the tenth round.

PFM

Doug Martin

Zac Stacy

Andre Johnson

V Crus

Zack Ertz

Ryan Mathews

Colts

Nugent

Bench

T Richardson

E Decker

A Boldin

Jeremy Hill

Brandin Cooks

Jarrett Boykin

Eli Manning

Honestly it could be worse but this is very much a team that is relying on upside rather than anything I know I can count on (other than PFM).

Sorry to hear that. Autodraft is pretty dodgy. Though I do think that Jeremy Hill could be a sleeper.

In Westeros Outlaw

QB - Tony Romo (Phillip Rivers) subject to change week by week

RB - Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster (B Pierce, P Thomas)

WR- Dez Bryant, TY Hilton, Michael Floyd (J Edelmen, m Evans, B Hartline)

TE- Julius Thomas

K- Dan Baily

Def- Houston

I don't care if I win in this league. All I want to do is to beat Jace.

Should I start Gronk week 1 or no? Backup plan is Kyle Rudolph.

I'd start him. Too much upside to pass on. Rudolph is decent but Gronk could have a monster game. I did hear he may be on a snap count which is the only question mark, but I'd still roll the dice. Vikings play the Rams and Pats against the Dolphins. I like Gronk better there.

Well with the Welker suspension, I feel better about drafting Sanders. Even aside from the fantasy implications, it'll be interesting to see how he performs in an increased role on the Broncos.

I was high on Sanders before the concussion, even. I think he'll put up some nice numbers while defenses put more time and effort into trying to stop the Thomases.

Yeah this bodes well for guys who drafted Sanders. I was on the fence about picking Caldwell up on waivers but decided against it. There's no one on my bench that is worth the risk of dropping for someone who may have one decent game. Broncos have a bye in week 4 so only three games for Caldwell/Lattimer to have good games.

I may be wrong but I believe it is a 4 game suspension not week. ie. Welker will have to sit out their week 5 match up and will be eligible for week 6 no?

Yes, I think you're right. The question I have is who will the Broncos put in the slot now that they will be without Welker? Will it be Tamme? because I'm not sure they want to put either Sanders or Latimer in the slot but...who knows?

Yeah you're right. I have no unworldly idea why I would think that was true lol so thank you.

My dilemma is do I start Fred Jackson or Steven Jackson in the flex this weekend? Idk if the Bears D got any better, but they were terrible against the run last year, and I know the Saints D is a lot better than it used to be. I think S Jackson could get more volume, but it is a PPR league which gives value to the Buffalo Jackson.

Decisions, decisions.... :bang:

Archived