Addressing Stark bias

Modelex

After your whole army is destroyed, the entire family missing or dead and made the main characters from the beginning, one cannot help but to realize that they were f*cked (justifiably or not). Since there's more to the series and the next book being called "The Winds of Winter" and potential for return of power, people (as least I do) view them as the underdogs (as of now in the series) to "win" (whatever that is defined as by the end).

People like underdogs. I like the phoenix story (which includes Daenerys): "from the ashes a phoenix rises." The author also intended to follow the Stark children as they become adults. So, it's likely they'll become very important at the end of the series: Sansa has the potential of ruling the Vale (through Robert Arryn or Harrold Hardyng), Arya is becoming a master assassin out for vengence while subconsciously leading a massive pack of wolves, Bran is becoming a god-like being, Rickon is living with cannibals and being raised by wildling to possibly return to the mainland and rule the North and possibly the Riverlands (if Edmure and his unborn child die) and Jon (assuming he lives) is currently the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch (the order to defend humanity against the Others) and, by growing suspicion of Melisandra, he may be a resurrection of Azor Ahai. Also, there's hype and speculation of the potential of these youngins' to become badass adults paramount to the development of mankind.

It don't like that characters like Tywin get more hate than they deserve because of Stark bias (and because the two Lannisters people like, Tyrion and Jaime, don't like their father either).

Yes, because Tysha was a Stark, and the common folk of Kings Landing were all Starks, and the people of the Riverlands were all Starks...oh wait..

Starks start unjust war because of the revenge and they undermine the peace in the entire realm with their separatist tendencies

This.

My head canon is stronger than the real one.

Don't you dare criticize my criticism. You have to respect my opinion, you know.

Starks start unjust war because of the revenge and they undermine the peace in the entire realm with their separatist tendencies

Why is it unjust?

And why should they bow to monsters who murder their lord, physically abuse a Stark child, actively try and murder 2 other Starks, why should the Starks bow to the Lannisters when they unleashed an army on the Riverlands and also unleashed monsters like Gregor, Ampry, etc...?

Why were the Lannisters' okay in their horrors and greed and tyranny but once the Starks rose up to fight for theirs people think they should have bowed to those monsters for the good of who?

Because the Lannisters in power are not good for anybody

Yeah, well, maybe it's linked to the fact that:

• Batman does not kill

Arya kills

Batman has justice as a motive

Arya just wants to kill people

Batman makes his own choices

Arya acts on order

and so on?

All valid arguments. And Batman ends up rebelling against Ra's al Ghul desire to obliterate whole cities (which was actually the situation I referred to as an anology to Arya with the FM). Arya at the moment personifies Ra's al Ghull preferred human weapon.

The Starks are good, Martells are great, some targs are good and bad, the baratheons are like the targs, the lannisters are cunning and evil, the Arryns are neutral, the Tullys are also good, the greyjoys are insane, and the tyrells are shrewd

Why is it unjust?

And why should they how to monsters who murder their lord, physically abuse a Stark child, actively try and murder 2 other Starks, why should the Starks how to the Lannisters when they unleashed an army on the Riverlands and also unleashed monsters like Gregor, Ampry, etc...?

Why were the Lannisters' okay in their horrors and greed and tyranny but once the Starks rose up to fight for theirs people think they should have bowed to those monsters for the good of who?

Because the Lannisters in power are not good for anybody

Stark bias at its finest. Bran started the war because he's a disgusting, voyeuristic pervert.

Because their motivations are a damp sight better than most characters'. Because Ned and Robb both die because they try to do the right thing rather than what's best for them. Heroes are usually more popular than villains. The remaining Starks will now be forced to change these ideals or die out.

And I don't understand what the OP means about Stannis. My Stark bias turned me against Stannis because he refused to ally with the Starks, which could have saved thousands of lives. I'll admit that my Stark bias makes me love Manderly, who does something appalling but then I think the Freys deserve it.

The questions shouldn't be why are people Stark biased, but why aren't more people Stark biased? There's no such thing as a black and white character, but without evil there can be no good. If you can recognize who the heros are, however cliche that may sound, you are one step closer to becoming a better person. Sadly, a lot of people would rather think "Cersei is cool because she drinks wine, and Jaimie is a bad boy who lives by his own rules" than to make the decision that one has to hold oneself to higher standards, whatever the cost. That's what inspires me, and what makes a better world, to me.

Life isn't fair, sometimes you will get shit on. When the shit hits the fan, who will you look to, the Starks, or the Lannisters? I hope it's the Starks, because the Lannisters are shit.

The Starks are good, Martells are great, some targs are good and bad, the baratheons are like the targs, the lannisters are cunning and evil, the Arryns are neutral, the Tullys are also good, the greyjoys are insane, and the tyrells are shrewd

Wut?

- Oberyn: Slept with Lord Yronwood's mistress, then poisoned Lord Yronwood. And he basically stole his daughters away from their mothers

- Doran: Has been planning the downfall of House Lannister for years. Sent his son to a highly dangerous mission

- Arianne: Conspired to crown Myrcella, putting her life in risk as well as Trystane's. Meant to imprison Doran and Quentyn for the rest of their lives.

- Quentyn: Tried to steal one of Dany's dragons

- Sand Snakes: Wanted to start a war, kill children, etc.

They're pretty much grey to me

(BTW, I apologize in advance if your post was sarcasm and it flew over my head)

The questions shouldn't be why are people Stark biased, but why aren't more people Stark biased? There's no such thing as a black and white character, but without evil there can be no good. If you can recognize who the heros are, however cliche that may sound, you are one step closer to becoming a better person. Sadly, a lot of people would rather think "Cersei is cool because she drinks wine, and Jaimie is a bad boy who lives by his own rules" than to make the decision that one has to hold oneself to higher standards, whatever the cost. That's what inspires me, and what makes a better world, to me.

Life isn't fair, sometimes you will get shit on. When the shit hits the fan, who will you look to, the Starks, or the Lannisters? I hope it's the Starks, because the Lannisters are shit.

Very well said. The Starks have the strength to do what's right rather than stooping to the level of the Lannisters etc.

Wut?

- Oberyn: Slept with Lord Yronwood's mistress, then poisoned Lord Yronwood. And he basically stole his daughters away from their mothers

- Doran: Has been planning the downfall of House Lannister for years. Sent his son to a highly dangerous mission

- Arianne: Conspired to crown Myrcella, putting her life in risk as well as Trystane's. Meant to imprison Doran and Quentyn for the rest of their lives.

- Quentyn: Tried to steal one of Dany's dragons

- Sand Snakes: Wanted to start a war, kill children, etc.

They're pretty much grey to me

(BTW, I apologize in advance if your post was sarcasm and it flew over my head)

Well he gave the daughters a choice I think.

but still bashing on martells not cool :commie:

Archived