Who's got a bigger stick up their butt? Jon or Stannis?

Little Member

Stannis is funnier IMO, though whether it is on purpose or not is up for debate sometimes. He don't seem to appreciate others humour as much though, constantly grinding his teeth at those who aren't as dry as him. Must be why he appreciates Jon, since Jon of the few who get's even close on the dryness-scale.

Jon is the opposite. He's got quite good zingers, most of them not verbalized, but he's overall not as amusing. He seem to appreciate those who are funny (Edd, Tormund, Pypar) a lot more though.

“Be careful you don't cut yourself. The edges are sharp enough to shave with.'

'Girls don't shave', Arya said.
'Maybe they should. Have you ever seen the septa's legs?”

Jon has long since lost that sense of humor IMO. ADWD Jon wouldn't even recognize AGOT Jon.

He hasn't lost it...he just doesn't have the ability to display it as much anymore. Arya was his little sister, someone he loved and cared for. In ADWD, he's surrounded by people above or below him in station. But look at those who are of about the same station as he is- Tormund or Val, or even Melisandre- and you'll notice he's not quite as serious as he is around Stannis or his brothers in the NW. As evidenced by this:

“So I did. Come here by me, lad. I want my folk to see you. I got thousands ne’er saw a lord commander, grown men who were told as boys that your rangers would eat them if they didn’t behave. They need to see you plain, a long-faced lad in an old black cloak. They need to learn that the Night’s Watch is naught t’be feared.”

That is a lesson I would sooner they never learned. Jon peeled the glove off his burned hand, put two fingers in his mouth, and whistled. Ghost came racing from the gate. Tormund’s horse shied so hard that the wildling almost lost his saddle. “Naught to be feared?” Jon said. “Ghost, stay.”

“You are a black-hearted bastard, Lord Crow.” Tormund Horn-Blower lifted his own warhorn to his lips. The sound of it echoed off the ice like rolling thunder, and the first of the free folk began to stream toward the gate.

Or this, when he's talking to Karstark:

“If you mean to kill me, do it and be damned for a kinslayer. Stark and Karstark are one blood.”

“My name is Snow.”

Bastard.

“Guilty. Of that, at least.”

So I don't think he's lost his sense of humor. He's quick-witted and enjoys a good joke, he just doesn't have the opportunity to do so as much as he did before being made LC.

A thread where Stannis is winning the popular vote and Dany is still dragged in somehow, someway. You people will never be happy. Never.

And that makes me happy.

By winning, do you mean he's funnier or less funny?

Yeah, Dany's not good with jokes, but she does seem cheerier. Maybe cuz she's getting some.

We know Jon ain't. Mel did say her bed hasn't seem much use since Stannis left. But I gotta imagine that she meant only he slept in it. Noone can be as grumpy all the time unless they got a serious case of blue balls!

He hasn't lost it...he just doesn't have the ability to display it as much anymore. Arya was his little sister, someone he loved and cared for. In ADWD, he's surrounded by people above or below him in station. But look at those who are of about the same station as he is- Tormund or Val, or even Melisandre- and you'll notice he's not quite as serious as he is around Stannis or his brothers in the NW. As evidenced by this:

“So I did. Come here by me, lad. I want my folk to see you. I got thousands ne’er saw a lord commander, grown men who were told as boys that your rangers would eat them if they didn’t behave. They need to see you plain, a long-faced lad in an old black cloak. They need to learn that the Night’s Watch is naught t’be feared.”

That is a lesson I would sooner they never learned. Jon peeled the glove off his burned hand, put two fingers in his mouth, and whistled. Ghost came racing from the gate. Tormund’s horse shied so hard that the wildling almost lost his saddle. “Naught to be feared?” Jon said. “Ghost, stay.”

“You are a black-hearted bastard, Lord Crow.” Tormund Horn-Blower lifted his own warhorn to his lips. The sound of it echoed off the ice like rolling thunder, and the first of the free folk began to stream toward the gate.

Or this, when he's talking to Karstark:

“If you mean to kill me, do it and be damned for a kinslayer. Stark and Karstark are one blood.”

“My name is Snow.”

Bastard.

“Guilty. Of that, at least.”

So I don't think he's lost his sense of humor. He's quick-witted and enjoys a good joke, he just doesn't have the opportunity to do so as much as he did before being made LC.

Yea I mean Jon's humor is dark and dry humor.

Archived