Is GRRM planning to make Daenerys conqueror of the entire Known world?

Gendrymander

It would be an incredibly boring story if she does. -> snip

I just don't see any grounds for making a statement like this. ASOIAF is well-written and amazingly well thought-out and planned. I don't expect Daenerys to go on a huge conquering spree, but if she does the last thing I would expect it to be is boring.

I'm quite confident that whatever Martin writes is going to be a splendid read. He has earned my trust by now.

It would be an incredibly boring story if she does. That's one of the reasons I hope Vic succeeds in kidnapping Dany. If she arrives in Westeros as a prisoner with her army left behind in Slaver's Bay her story will be a lot more interesting.

Yeah I'm not interested in women getting kidnapped and raped. Already basically happened to her in her first marriage.

Don't mind me asking, but assuming she does, then what? Chic can't rule, the whole thing would break down even before it begins. Even you - know - who (tywin) could at least rule.

Yes because people never learn from their mistakes, never grow but always have the same thinking they do at 16 as they do for the rest of their lives.

The whole world also consist of Uthos and sothoros, so, I doubt it.

Yeah I'm not interested in women getting kidnapped and raped. Already basically happened to her in her first marriage.

Everybody assumes Vic will do that. He might think that he could treat her like some sort of salt wife, but as soon as he sees her in all of her Valyrian-ity and full power, he's going to be more like "Can I haz Dragon?".

Yes because people never learn from their mistakes, never grow but always have the same thinking they do at 16 as they do for the rest of their lives.

She couldn't rule a city, but will automatically learn how to run the world? Not a chance. The best the Seven Kingdoms she might become, but there's a long way to go there. The known world can wait let her do some actual ruling first.

Everybody assumes Vic will do that. He might think that he could treat her like some sort of salt wife, but as soon as he sees her in all of her Valyrian-ity and full power, he's going to be more like "Can I haz Dragon?".

Well Vic is an idiot so he might try to do that.

:lmao:

Victarion seems pretty confident he's going to come home with her. He must have some kind of devious plan.

What if his devious plan is to woo her and be a suitor? That could actually work; she's hungry for some real romance. Boy, would that throw a spanner in the works.

I hope not. Dragons or not, she is a 16 or something year old girl who has 2 entire continents as her enemies. And the problem she faces is that she is the glue that holds everything together, just like Renly was for the HG/Stormlands alliance. If she dies there is nobody to continue her work, Mereen goes back to being a slaver city, her dragons get captured and nobody will give a shit about the Targaryens anymore.

Which is why Daenerys, to me, is the most ridiculous character in the books. She has way to much plot armor. I mean, why exactly are some of the richest nations in the world marching against a fortified city with three dragons?? Is there not a single one who would come to his senses and try to go for Daenerys directly rather than the city? Where are the faceless men or some other assassin group? Surely the cities of Essos do not lack for gold.

If Daenerys makes it to Westeros I will be greatly dissapointed. Though I know she will, because too much time has been wasted on her. This storyline is the biggest flaw of the series IMO.

I don't think so. Maybe she could rule a decent portion of the world, but GRRM I don't think would go as far as the entire known world. World conquest is pretty much impossible, no matter who you are or what you have backing you up. You'll never have all of it and you would have a Hell of a time actually ruling even half of it. So, no, I don't think that could ever happen.

Daenerys fans are so deluded lmao, conqueror of the entire know world? Talk more about how she's not a mary sue lol not at all.

You can keep saying that, but that doesn't make it any more true. I don't think you understand what a Mary Sue is.

the "Mary Sue" is judged as a poorly developed character, too perfect and lacking in realism to be interesting.[7]

Are you saying Dany is too perfect? The wineseller's daughters, the Astapori, and the Great Masters would disagree with you, as would GRRM. And :lmao: at the idea she is poorly developed as a character. That she is so controversial on these forums gives the lie to that statement.

Oh, and if you care to actually read the responses in this thread, there are very few who think she will conquer the entire world, including fans of Daenerys.

You can keep saying that, but that doesn't make it any more true. I don't think you understand what a Mary Sue is.

Dany fans obviously do not understand.

A character who's perfect in many ways a princessqueen, most beautiful woman in the world, mother of the most powerful things on the planet, and add to that conqueror of the entire world IS a mary sue.

Meanwhile Dany fans are hating on Jon Snow because he's cliche please Dany is a Disney character.

Dany fans obviously do not understand.

A character who's perfect in many ways a princessqueen, most beautiful woman in the world, mother of the most powerful things on the planet, and add to that conqueror of the entire world IS a mary sue.

Meanwhile Dany fans are hating on Jon Snow because he's cliche please Dany is a Disney character.

I must have missed the Disney movie where the Princess crucified 163 people and massacred a city. What was it, Snow White and the 163 Great Masters? Must put that on the "to watch list".

Dany is not perfect, as evidenced by both the story and the author's words. Just because you hate her does not mean she is a Mary Sue. She is a deeply flawed character who is at varying times of the novel is lighter and darker shades of grey. She is "the Mother of Dragons" who has become "the Mother of Monsters" and cannot control them. She liberated the slaves but cannot rule them, she compromised with the Slavers for peace and had it broken. I'm sure even people with a strong dislike of Dany (now would be a nice time for them to chime in, actually...) do not consider her a Mary Sue. But do carry on, I would love to see what mental gymnastics you can pull to twist her into a Mary Sue character. :rolleyes:

And you seem to have an issue that some people call Jon a Mary Sue character, and thus feel the need to use that criticism on another character. Sorry, but that is :bs: .

Archived