Why is the show turning Stannis into a dick?

Salafi Stannis

He is a dick in the books too.

D and D made some dumb changes to his character, true, but let's call a spade a spade.

Lets see

Book Stannis never harms a woman, show Stannis strangles one

Book Stannis does not beg for sex, show Stannis does

Book Stannis decides to spare Davos on his own, show Stannis needs Mel to point out his value first

Book Stannis does not tell Davos 'your time is almost up', show Stannis does

Lets see

Book Stannis decides to spare Davos on his own, show Stannis needs Mel to point out his value first

If you read between the lines ,I'm sure you'll find ot. Look hard enough for it ,it sure as hell will turn up ;)

Seen both, seen Sopranos and so on, good stuff

Here we have the Romanzo Criminale tv series and now Gomorra series too, both way better than our usually boring stuff

But at the end of the day i keep find modern based (wich usually is crime or police based) series kinda boring as fuck. Plus, not being american i don't get the fetish of today-in-murrica setting... but again, in second line i mention two italy-based series and i don't get that excited

Good exception Hannibal, i was really loving that one, really visionary and artistic, awesome photography

I'm waaay more about stuff like GOT, Rome, Vikings, Spartacus and so on (i must still try Black Sails), i just find more fun and artistic "when cut heads with swords was fun" based stories :D

You like Hannibal too :)? I thought I was alone. ...

Lets see

Your point being? I acknowledged that D&D made dumb changes, didn't I?

He didn't do all this in the books. But he is still a dick, so....

He did? that's news to me.

Stannis slid Lightbringer from its scabbard. Its glow filled the chamber. "Say what you will but say it quickly."

That's a death sentence, unless Stannis was just planning on let Davos kiss it (not out of the question.) So he sentenced him to death, that is clear, but he didn't follow thru with it because of the night's watch letter. :)

At first I didn't care because anything Stannis related really bores me in the books, but it's just more evidence that the writers literally tore up the books and shit on the pieces, then translated what was left to the screen. :lol:

That's a death sentence, unless Stannis was just planning on let Davos kiss it (not out of the question.) So he sentenced him to death, that is clear, but he didn't follow thru with it because of the night's watch letter. :)

Though I'm sure he would have killed Davos had Davos given him some shitty response, that isn't a death sentence. He wanted to hear Davos' reasoning, and if it was poor, then he would've received a death sentence.

Your point being? I acknowledged that D&D made dumb changes, didn't I?

My point is he went from sort of a dick to full-blown asshole (yes, there is a difference) cause the writers made a couple of changes that accumulated into a pretty big one. Being brutally honest and dour makes you a dick, threatening the guy who's supported you from day 1 with death twice (after his kid died for your cause), that is being a full-blown asshole.

Mmyeah, I suppose that's one way of looking at it. I wouldn't say it's a sentence, per se, but it's an indication of what will happen if he does not like Davos' explanation. To me it's more akin to explaining the possible sentence before hearing the witnesses. Anywhoo, I'm off to see the torturer for another round of "let's torment the dumb fuck, he's even paying us for it" aka the gym. Peace out.

Did they change Davos too? Is he less religious in the show? I don't know, I'm just curious. I got that impression from one scene I saw. Thanks.

My impression from the books was that Davos wasn't much of a believer, yet still quite traditional and tradition is that you worship the Seven, pray to the Mother when your wife's pregnant, pray to the Warrior when you go into battle, and so on. In the show he just doesn't seem to care about the gods at all, which is probably to be expected given they made him the embodiment of all the religious skepticism they took from Stannis.

That's fine. I'm curious if they made him less religious.

I saw an interview with Liam Cunningham where he said Davos is possibly one of very few atheists in Westeros. That's obviously highly at odds with book Davos.

Not sure whether that matters much.

Archived