R+L = J

Sarella = Alleras

Sandor = The Gravedigger

The three I believe the most are:

1, R+L=J

2, Sarella = Alleras

3, Sandor = Graveddiger

Yay! More people like me who are only firmly behind the most obvious :D

I don't know if there is actually a thread about this. Imo, on this board Jaime is the to-go to candidate for Valonqar. He's younger than his twin and his arc has lead him away from Cersei. It would dramatically be the most satisfying ending for him to end her (+ irony, Cersei is killed by her mirror image). There is also the dream of Bran where the Hounds fights Ungregor with a golden armoured warrior by his side. If that warrior is Jaime, he and Sandor will fight Ungregor and he's currently with Cersei.

I don't see the hound fighting side-by-side with jaime at this point. The Hound hates Lannisters iirc.

Yay! More people like me who are only firmly behind the most obvious :D

I think Robert Strong = Mountain is more obvious then Sandor = Gravedigger.

ps. Sarella = Alleras isn't that clear for my at all. Topic? :D

I don't see the hound fighting side-by-side with jaime at this point. The Hound hates Lannisters iirc.

I think Robert Strong = Mountain is more obvious then Sandor = Gravedigger.

ps. Sarella = Alleras isn't that clear for my at all. Topic? :D

Alleras = Sarella is in the pinned compendium of theories. I can't link from my phone, sorry. But as your first clue, spell Alleras backwards...

I think Sandor the Gravedigger and Robert Strong as Grwgor are as obvious as each other. With the RS though, there are question marks over does he have a head? Is it his head? If not, who's is it?

Alleras = Sarella is in the pinned compendium of theories. I can't link from my phone, sorry. But as your first clue, spell Alleras backwards...

I think Sandor the Gravedigger and Robert Strong as Grwgor are as obvious as each other. With the RS though, there are question marks over does he have a head? Is it his head? If not, who's is it?

Yeah, I got that one lol. I can't even remember their names, but it's (very) likely they were different in my book (Dutch language), so that could explain it.

I disagree on your 2nd part. Gravedigger being Sandor is just hinted (I didn't notice it when I read the books). Gregor, on the other hand, was being used as an experimental human body by Qyborn. Later he offers Cersei a 'huge knight' who doesn't eat nor speak. (His head is likely sent to Dorne). I mean: Qyborn working on a dying Gregor and a while later he has a huge knight for the kings guard who no one has ever seen before : quite clear that's Gregor. Sandor on the other hand, wasn't seen (nor heard) by anyone for a while. Yes the gravedigger is big too, but that doesn't mean he is Sandor. Don't get me wrong though, because after reading the topics, I believe it too. It just isn't that clear/obvious IMO.

From a writer's standpoint, if R + L != {something} it's lame to have put all of that evidence. J makes the most sense.

1) Gravedigger.

2) KotLT = L.

3) Red Wedding predicted in HotU.

I want the GNC to be true and I'm pretty convinced of V = B/T.

Euh, that's an abbreviation I don't know?

Varys being Blackfyre or Targaryen. (The whole shaved head/no eye color description/eunuch and King's blood thing/disguises/apparent investment in Dany & Aegon). I'm not 100% sold on it but I'd like for it to be true.

Varys being Blackfyre or Targaryen. (The whole shaved head/no eye color description/disguises/apparent investment in Dany & Aegon). I'm not 100% sold on it but I'd like for it to be true.

You might want to check this theory out ;)

I was going to say, "Yeah, it kind of feeds into/off of that," and then realized it's your thread. Haha.

My greatest achievement on this board by far :P Though, it really was a collaborative effort :) Paperwaver has recently made an addendum to it, so if you liked the original theory, you might want to check that one out to.

Things I believe the most wholeheartedly:

R+L=J

Sandor=Gravedigger

Robert Strong=the Mountain (or at least most of him)

Things I really want to be true:

(f)Aegon

GNC

Dragon has 3 heads is different concept than each dragon getting a rider

I listed R+L=J, Sandor = Gravedigger and that Aegon is fake as my most believed, but I could also add Robert Strong = (un)Gregor and Alleras=Sarella. I think they're also really obvious. Well, Alleras = Sarella was one I didn't get on my own, but that's because there were so many chapters between the prologue, the Sarella mention and then again the epilogue that I completely forgot about those things and didn't connect the dots. But the moment I read it on the forum, it seemed completely obvious.

So, that's my top 5 theories I'm most certain of.

I'm not sure whether unGregor has or doesn't have a head. It's not really all that important though, is it? Someone (I think on a podcast, can't remember which) made a great observation that Gregor, as a person, never had much going on in his head, anyway, and that it was always metaphorically "when you remove the helmet, there is nothing there but darkness and thick black blood".

I listed R+L=J, Sandor = Gravedigger and that Aegon is fake as my most believed, but I could also add Robert Strong = (un)Gregor and Alleras=Sarella. I think they're also really obvious. Well, Alleras = Sarella was one I didn't get on my own, but that's because there were so many chapters between the prologue, the Sarella mention and then again the epilogue that I completely forgot about those things and didn't connect the dots. But the moment I read it on the forum, it seemed completely obvious.

So, that's my top 5 theories I'm most certain of.

I'm not sure whether unGregor has or doesn't have a head. It's not really all that important though, is it? Someone (I think on a podcast, can't remember which) made a great observation that Gregor, as a person, never had much going on in his head, anyway, and that it was always metaphorically "when you remove the helmet, there is nothing there but darkness and thick black blood".

Oh, I don't think it matters so much whether he has a head or not either. But those question marks are what would put The Gravedigging Hound slightly ahead when picking a top 3 for me. :)

Yeah, I got Alleras = Sarella when I first read, but that was because when Doran mentions Sarella I immediately thought she must have been mentioned or would appear in the books. So when we finally got to see her in Oldtown again in the last chapter, I connected the dots.

I'd never heard that idea about not.much going on in his head before. I quite like that.

I'm still undecided about Aegon. It depends really, sometimes I lean one.way and sometimes the other.

Archived