MLB 2014: EXPOSing the Nationals

Myshkin

That's no small task.

It's lame. You're lame. Shut it.

What we should be talking about is what's gonna happen when both the Yanks and the Sawks miss the postseason. I mean the whole second wild card thing was specifically designed to make sure that at least one of the teams would always be in the playoffs. So what now, a third wild card? A Commissioner's Pick? Move the Jays, O's, and Rays out of the division so that one of the two big boys has to win it?

What we should be talking about is what's gonna happen when both the Yanks and the Sawks miss the postseason. I mean the whole second wild card thing was specifically designed to make sure that at least one of the teams would always be in the playoffs. So what now, a third wild card? A Commissioner's Pick? Move the Jays, O's, and Rays out of the division so that one of the two big boys has to win it?

I think any of those three would work, preferably the Commissioner's pick. These playoffs are obviously gonna be empty and an asterisk will be applied to any team that "wins" it all. At least Arod will be back next year to save us...and baseball.

Yeah, I too think the Commissioner's Pick is the way to go. Maybe combined with a third wild card. Or how about this: hold a fan vote, but votes have to be cast in person, and the only polling places will be in Boston and NY.

Yeah, I too think the Commissioner's Pick is the way to go. Maybe combined with a third wild card. Or how about this: hold a fan vote, but votes have to be cast in person, and the only polling places will be in Boston and NY.

Look, we all know "wins" have been exposed as a meaningless stat for pitchers. It's time to apply the new statistics to standings. Instead of Wins and Losses, it's time to truly put the health of the game first and rank teams by revenue generated. Merchandise sales, value of television contract, etc. This would keep those pissant small market teams that nobody* wants to see from stealing a playoff spot from a hard-working glamor franchise like the YankSox.

And then we'll always have marquee matchups in the world series we'll never have to worry about low television ratings ever again.

True voting is Voting With Your Wallet (/bank account), after all.

Look, we all know "wins" have been exposed as a meaningless stat for pitchers. It's time to apply the new statistics to standings. Instead of Wins and Losses, it's time to truly put the health of the game first and rank teams by revenue generated. Merchandise sales, value of television contract, etc. This would keep those pissant small market teams that nobody* wants to see from stealing a playoff spot from a hard-working glamor franchise like the YankSox.

And then we'll always have marquee matchups in the world series we'll never have to worry about low television ratings ever again.

True voting is Voting With Your Wallet (/bank account), after all.

I'm liking your idea here. Let's just hope Manfred has the balls to implement it.

It they line up four dudes on the right side of the infield, and you still fucking hit it there, you're doing something wrong.

Padres...

So Yanks got one hit today. Pineda pitched good but hung an 0-2 slider to Bautista...few things are more annoying in baseball than giving up an 0-2 homer.

You need to look at the standings, Gobbo. You lose. LOSER. How does Giant's breath on the back of your neck feel?

My good friends lost today, while a great evil was victorious. However, in my personal battle with this great evil I proved too powerful for them.

Archived